Photo

Contacts from Iphone are now not there ;(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Does anybody know how to get the contacts back? Apparently the last available backup was from 11/2/10 which is just too old! I have no idea how this happened. I turned the phone on and boom no more contacts. I don't think I have Icloud on mine either. Funny thing is that when I went to go check on my favorites list for phonecalls the contacts named showed up for like a second then just went back into showing just the digits. what could have happened?

#2 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

what could have happened?

Posted Image

#3 GoGoGoJon

GoGoGoJon
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
relevant to your name :wub:

#4 Debbie

Debbie
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

This happened on my partner's phone a little while ago. When you go to create a new message, and you go to type in a name, do your contacts still come up there, but they're just not in your contacts part? Or have they completely disappeared?

When his phone did it, there was something in the settings where you could load the contacts from the phone to the sim and vice-versa. We just copied the contacts from the phone to the sim, and then copied the contacts from the sim to the phone.

Hope it works for you... If not, I have no other suggestions. Sorry :(

#5 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

>expects contacts to be restored
>hasn't had a backup since the ice age
:ohwell:

Google sync contacts, never deal with any phones flopping on you again. :shifty:

#6 neopets3910

neopets3910
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this :(

This happened to me and unfortunately I couldn't recover either :(

+1 to above, been syncing to gmail and have been saved a few times thanks to that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users