men haircut leeches etc

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

For all the men of neocodex, it is time to talk about barbers! I'm sure some of you cut your own hair... But what about you all who visit a barber?

So I've been going to the same barber shop for about 8 years now... Two older brothers who have had their own shop for nearly 50 years. (They are 78 and 81) Anyways, a few weeks ago they finally closed their shop down and retired. To many men in our community this is devastating and we have been visiting these men for a very long time. (Some have been visiting these barbers since their first haircut!) I always loved going to them as the would finish up by giving me a shave with a straightedge razor! Talk about old-timey! (My god! Such a close shave!) Their 50 years of experience was demonstrated as they were always consistent and always did a great job with mens hair.

I've had to have my hair cut twice since they had retired and these chain stores just because I don't know of another good barber in town... It's been a nightmare. I should've known I would be in for it when I told the woman I'd just like a standard business man's cut and she said "What's that?" "You want your hair to look like some business man? Like Donald Trump or something?" *Facepalm* I really should've walked out then....

Anyways, today I went to a shop that was recommended by my manager at work and it was actually really nice. They included a shampooing, scalp massage, and facial massage with the hair cut! I'm not crazy about the hair cut itself (it's okay... not as good as those old guys used to do...) but the facial and scalp massage part was amazing!

Do any of you guys get facial/scalp massages along with your hair cut? Anyone else visit a great local barber shop that you love? I wish I had the steady hands to learn how to shave with a straight edge razor!

Anyways... Barbershops.

Discuss.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

Why would a barber massage your face/scalp? O_o

#3 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Why would a barber massage your face/scalp? O_o

I'm not sure, but it was amazing! :p I've read about this practice before from people who have travelled to India and go for a shave from a street barber daily as a luxury... They've all mentioned the facial/scalp massage that is included but I've never really seen it in practice here in America. Either way, color me pleased.

#4 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

I prefer to just get my hair cut rather than being fondled. :p

#5 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

I prefer to just get my hair cut rather than being fondled. :p

It sounds really queer, but a facial massage can be really good for your skin. Especially for you dudes who probably rarely moisturize or exfoliate. Don't run from it! Embrace it before you're my age (or worse, coltom's!) and you start seeing all the wear and tear on your precious face. If you don't want to be fondled, you can learn to give yourself a facial massage on the Internets.

I always have my mother cut my hair nowadays. I don't like strangers to touch me or be too near my personal space. But I have gone to a barber in the past. The woman who worked there didn't want to cut my hair because I was a girl. Which shouldn't have made any difference to me, seeing as I wanted a men's haircut. OH THE INJUSTICE OF IT ALL. I was like 15. Also, any time I've had my hair cut by an Asian woman, no matter what I asked for, they cut my hair however they felt like it. /scarred for life.

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

It sounds really queer, but a facial massage can be really good for your skin. Especially for you dudes who probably rarely moisturize or exfoliate. Don't run from it! Embrace it before you're my age (or worse, coltom's!) and you start seeing all the wear and tear on your precious face. If you don't want to be fondled, you can learn to give yourself a facial massage on the Internets.

They have moisturisers in shaving gels nowadays, that'll do for me. :p

#7 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

I abhor getting my hair cut. Probably why Niki has a man-crush on me.

I get my hair cut once every six months or so. If that. When possible.

But I should get used to some shorter hair. Texas is too fucking hot.

#8 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

I abhor getting my hair cut. Probably why Niki has a man-crush on me.

Yes. *touches fingertips together* That is why.

#9 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Yes. *touches fingertips together* That is why.

Where was the Mr. Burns gif?

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Don't run from it! Embrace it before you're my age (or worse, coltom's!) and you start seeing all the wear and tear on your precious face.

Yung was just up my ass about drying my face by rubbing instead of patting. I was all like, I want wrinkles! They make me distinguished!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: men, haircut, leeches, etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users