25 replies to this topic

#1 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

What is everyone currently playing?

I assume we don't have many Starcraft players here, or we wouldn't see you. Ever. So I think I'm safe in assuming that there are some RPG, or otherwise MMO type people here.

So what is your game of choice? I'm talking generally about PC software, so let's try to leave the console games out of this particular discussion.

But other than that we can discuss the corniest or cheesiest MMO concept (or game) you've heard of.

#2 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Starcraft 2 is my game of choice. :thumbsup: I think Faraaz and I are supposed to play tonight, or something.

#3 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

I still need to get around to playing Skyrim. I think the last MMORPG I played was either Cabal, Ragnarok or Maplestory (3 - 4 years ago)

#4 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Starcraft 2 is my game of choice. :thumbsup: I think Faraaz and I are supposed to play tonight, or something.

Humbug. If I were any good I'd play with you guys. But I'm total shit. My younger brother is really into it, watches famous matches and stuff, works on his micro, the whole 9 yards.

I still need to get around to playing Skyrim. I think the last MMORPG I played was either Cabal, Ragnarok or Maplestory (3 - 4 years ago)

Was one of those your nomination for corniest game?

#5 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

Ummm, excuse me. WTF is this?

Posted Image

Or this?
Posted Image

WTF is VigLink and what is it doing on codex?

#6 Carialle

Carialle
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

You don't know Skyrim?
It's The Elder Scrolls. You shoild play, if you like RPG ;)

I'm playing 2 MMORPGs:
Everquest 2 and Lord of the Rings Online

Edit:
Links? What Links? I don't see any Links oO

Edited by Carialle, 25 August 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#7 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'm currently playing Realm of the Mad God, it's got a nice little community and isn't very addictive. (Probably due to the perma-death.)

#8 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Was one of those your nomination for corniest game?

It wasn't intended to be. But I guess Cabal never did implement anything that wasn't already around with other MMOs.

The VigLink thing was sort of discussed yesterday in Coltom's status update.

#9 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

I have a couple Runescape bots running at the moment.

I know I'll get back into it eventually, it'll be nice to have some money to start with when I do.

#10 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

I used to play many private servers of Ragnarok, but then went back to neopets because it's less time consuming

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Guild Wars 2.

Or I would be if I wasn't going camping tomorrow.

#12 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Another great one I forgot to mention is Ace of Spades.

It's a mix between TF2 and Minecraft. I've only been playing for a week or two now, but it's a great game!

#13 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

You already know what I currently play, but for the sake of the thread:

Once+ a week I play DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) which is free to play and download now. It's not the best game engine, not the most fleshed-out content wise, and most of the quests are mindless grinds, but it is set in the D&D universe which means I will play it until a better D&D game comes out (as I did Neverwinter Nights before this).

The past week I've been playing WoW with Sweeney. I hadn't played since 2007, I actually quit shortly after Burning Crusade came out and never upgraded from the original game. What's sad is that it is a much better game than DDO in many ways, as much as I hate to admit it. But what can I expect from a massive world-changing MMO with millions upon millions of paying players, I guess.

The cheesiest MMO I have ever played... well, there were two. One was City of Heroes. That was fun for about... a month. Then it just got monotonous and boring. They brought out City of Villains to counteract this, but by that time I think they had lost most of their players. I never went back after quitting.

The second cheesy MMO I played was Ryl (Risk your Life). I don't think it's even running anymore. There was a giveaway for $100k which brought in a lot of players to the contest server. The fun thing about this game was that you could stack your attacks to do fun combos on opponents. Other than that it was basically just a grind all the way to the level cap (60 iirc).

The MMO that I wish had done better is Shadowbane. I loved that game so much. The graphics were pretty meh, but in the time before WoW they were alright. The cool thing about Shadowbane is that they allowed players to construct towns that your guild would use as a home, which is rare. Guilds could raid other guilds, which would be planned out in advance and everyone would get online at the same time to fight each other. Sooo much fun PVP for such a crappy game.

I never got into Skyrim, never played D3 (or D2 for that matter), didn't enjoy Starcraft 1 (so don't feel the need to try SC2), never played EQ1 or EQ2... hmm what else. Played a tiny bit of DC Online (didn't like it, quickly quit). Never got into SWG or SWTOR (though my friends are trying to get me into SWTOR - anyone play it?).

If anyone reads that whole thing, I applaud you.

#14 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

Ragnarok Online for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever
I've been RO-free for like 4 months now... always end up back there though even if I quit for a year or two. Just depends when war/pvp servers pick up, and all the vets re-download it. Feels like highschool reunions at this point, some of those guys are getting pretty old Posted Image

Sometimes WoW at school, and dota/hon if drunk. But making games > playing them so nothing much lately

#15 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Trying to get my 3 day head start access to Guild Wars 2, but due to another horrible game launch I havn't got past the login screen in the last 24 hours.

#16 Murmur

Murmur
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

I've taken a break from WoW until MoP comes out (so excited!) But i've got headstart on GW2 so i've been playing that a bit. Sylvari are awesome imo.

#17 Carialle

Carialle
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

@Nymh

There is a new D&D Online coming out. D&D Neverwinter, I played it at the GamesCom, it is looking great, but I know nothing about the realease yet.
http://nw.perfectworld.com/

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

I pretty much dedicate most of my time to League of Legends. Its addicting, and free.

#19 ordevino

ordevino
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Love esports :) But my MMO of choice is League of Legends :)

LWDlf.jpg

#20 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

Love esports :) But my MMO of choice is League of Legends :)

LWDlf.jpg

What?

I don't even.

#21 Glaivepower

Glaivepower
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Elsword, Granchase, Ragnarok (1 and 2) +Dragon Nest is my MMO. Played wow until cataclysm update but got lazy. 

#22 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Never intended to use this thread again, but I find I'm still interested in RPG/MMO type games.

Actually, Wildstar looked kinda cool.

It's made by the same developer that makes Guild Wars, as well as Lineage (for the old school crowd :p) and NCSoft is usually pretty good.

I think the best feature (besides some truly unique intro/teaser/hype videos) is the fact that you can choose both your class and your play style. Thus "Warrior" is a class and determines skill set like normal, but "Soldier" is a "Path" which determines what sort of quests you'll receive from NPCs.

It seems like a very inventive way of spicing up the old combos.

#23 Revisions

Revisions
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Never intended to use this thread again, but I find I'm still interested in RPG/MMO type games.

Actually, Wildstar looked kinda cool.

It's made by the same developer that makes Guild Wars, as well as Lineage (for the old school crowd :p) and NCSoft is usually pretty good.

I think the best feature (besides some truly unique intro/teaser/hype videos) is the fact that you can choose both your class and your play style. Thus "Warrior" is a class and determines skill set like normal, but "Soldier" is a "Path" which determines what sort of quests you'll receive from NPCs.

It seems like a very inventive way of spicing up the old combos.

A group of gaming buddies and I have actually been talking at length about moving over to Wildstar when it comes out. 

Thematically it looks amazing. Besides that though, I'm also pretty excited about the Path system (can't wait to be an Explorer! Now people can't fault me for being an incredibly easily distracted, "ooh look at the shinies" leveler anymore - there's a role specifically made for it! .-.) and the PVP. Have you watched any of the livestreams? The class animations/combat are looking gorgeous.

....The only thing I really, really don't like so far is how the Aurin race looks (playboy bunny-people do not belong in any self-respecting game, much less a sci-fi MMO  :thumbdown:) but eh. Some of the other races look cool enough to make up for it I suppose. 

I want to get my hands on a beta key, arrrrrgh. Q2 2014 is such a long ways away. Q_Q

#24 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'm not too fussed. Both factions need a gnome/goblin sized race to be even, and the Chua look dope as fuck. Psychopathic chipmunks with magic pistols? Sign me up.

Caster races look cool too. Space zombies and mechanized assassins? That's made of win.

I haven't watched any of the livestreams yet, but I do like that all of their intro videos use in-game graphics. They're not false about their representations in that respect.

I'll be watching to see what sort of class-race restrictions they put in place. When the following description, it seems pretty evident that this is the warrior race: "Forged in the heat and dust of their savage home world, the Draken have come to Nexus to prove they are the most badass warriors in the galaxy. "

#25 Revisions

Revisions
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Oh I know. I just hate what they chose to do with the Aurin specifically - by contrast, I agree that Chuas are completely badass. Totally going to be making at least one Chua. 

As far as as class-race restrictions go, I believe you can already see the available races under each individual class tab, no? Of course Wildstar's in beta, so who knows if those'll be permanent. A Chua Stalker (for example) seems like it'd be hilariously fun to play, but alas, it does not exist. 

Most of the other non-human races do all look pretty damn fantastic. Especially the aforementioned space zombies and mechanized assassins. 

Edited by Revisions, 12 December 2013 - 11:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users