Photo

Flash Help Please :(?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Okay, I've read through the bajillion other topics about flash and Firefox but there doesn't seem to be any solid solution to this. All those topics either went way off topic or died

I don't play games or anything, but when customizing my pets in Firefox my preview window lags my browser to hell. Even in Quickref it's super laggy- mostly because of NC/animated items. My [FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_271] is always at 50-60+ CPU when I have my closet/quickref open and it's driving me crazy. Can't scroll worth shit in my closet and the mouse lag is insane. NC mall pages lag a ton too.

I use Firefox because I run through 30 or so different proxied accounts daily, and swapping proxies with Firefox is just easier than other browsers, so changing browsers isn't really an option. Flash works fine in Chrome on my main account, so it's just Firefox that's messing with me.

And yes, I've tried (multiple times):
- Updating firefox
- Updating Flash
- Disabling/modifying the preferences for Adblock
- Disabling other plugins/add-ons
- My Firefox is very clean so it's not "bloated"
- Reverting to earlier versions of Flash
- Clearing cache
- Uninstalling/reinstalling several different versions of Flash + restarting computer
- Scanning for viruses, changing/disabling firewalls, disabling antivirus
- Tested my Shockwave, games work fine
- Video card/drivers all updated

And a few other generic fixes found online. Had this problem since day one but it's really starting to get on my nerves now that my closets have a few hundred NC items in them.
Running Windows 7, btw.

Basically want to know flat out, if anyone knows of an actual fix for this junk or should I just not bother looking any more T_T

#2 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Honestly don't know about a fix...

Maybe your computer is just old? :/

#3 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

This computer is only a few months old and custom built, I work in game design so it has to be able to handle some heavy poly environments in modeling programs. I'm pretty sure it isn't the computer :x

#4 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Then I would have to say that there is no fix for it at the moment considering you've done most of the things people would have suggested for you to try.

You could wait for Firefox to realease a new update or for Adobe to update Flash and see if there is a change.

Edited by HappyAccident, 29 August 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

I suggest trying another browser.

That way you can see whether the issue is firefox or your comp.

#6 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

As I said in in original post, it works fine in chrome :c I use chrome for my main account, and that closet has 400something NC items and doesn't lag at all. Neither does the NC mall.

And unless there's another browser that can swap proxies as well as Firefox, I would rather keep half naked pets than manually configure proxies in Chrome or IE. Laggy closet is an inconvenience, but I won't die if it isn't fixed. Just making sure I'm really out of options before giving up :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users