Opinion on my BD set?

bd set opinion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick

Patrick
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

here is my set im working on for 1P! what are you opinions on what i should change

Stealer - Rainbow Sticky Hand
Freezer -Randomly firing freeze ray (MMoM will be last)
Shield - Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield
Bomb - Ghostkerbomb
Constant - Kelpbeards Trident
Constant - Sword of Reif
Healer- kacheek healing potion or ? scorch stone ( bag of healing dust after a while) kacheek depends on if i decide to change species
Defense- hanso charm

faerie abilities
burrow
sink
?????

#2 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

I have read a rumor that the randomly firing freezing ray is malfunctioning. As far as the ghostkerbomb, I don't know if the price is worth it compared to MMoM.

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

here is my set im working on for 1P! what are you opinions on what i should change

Stealer - Rainbow Sticky Hand - Besides specific opponents you will not be needing this, snag an extra bomb or constant.
Freezer -Randomly firing freeze ray (MMoM will be last) - For one player any non-100% freezer works fine, you can use this or something cheaper with a lower freeze rate, you'll just have to restart a lot.
Shield - Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield - One of the best shields in the game, change for specific opponents you're struggling with due to holes in your defense.
Bomb - Ghostkerbomb - Best bomb in the game, never get rid of this.
Constant - Kelpbeards Trident - Good constant that will do a lot of damage in 1P, change as necessary per opponent. Overall good choice.
Constant - Sword of Reif - Good constant that will do a lot of damage in 1P, change as necessary per opponent. Overall good choice.
Healer- kacheek healing potion or ? scorch stone ( bag of healing dust after a while) kacheek depends on if i decide to change species - Stick with the Kacheek Healing Potion or change to Lenny for the added freezer and drop your other freezer; don't forget to pick up the Lenny Healing Stone or whatever.
Defense- hanso charm - Not a bad dual-duty, I use this myself.

faerie abilities
burrow
sink
?????

You have a solid set overall, but 1P is really more of a case by case basis than an overall. Good lineup either way.

#4 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Stealer - increase your movement speed and change, or just get a purple one if you haven't got the rainbow one because in 1P if you don't steal you can just start over so the % steal doesn't really matter.
Freezer - The last time I used it, a few months ago, it worked fine, but it might have a malfunction as coltom says, check it out. Its a good item if it works though
Bomb - Good
Constant - They're allright, 1P battles matters more about the type of icons if you aren't strong enough as you know what the opponent's sheild sheilds.
Healer - Kacheek healing is good
Defense - Same as constant, really depends on who you battle because you should know what icons the opponent mainly uses. IMO you should have just one item that defends lots of different icons instead of a dual attack/def one or one that only depends some icon unless you have multiple ones that block different icons.

Faerie Abilities
Drain Life is good one to use on your first turn

#5 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

It is possible to study the weapon set of you opponent, and change your equipment accordingly. While I've not done this yet, anyone that has a fairly strong light attack, and you get the parasol which is down to 70K this minute and who knows tomorrow.

Effectively, with burrow and sink you almost get two turns nearly free to attack.

The combination of the wing scarab and a makeshift ships hammer can do wonders on some opponents.

P.S. Got my Parasol today, as a prize. I'm thinking about selling today at 25K.

Also, in 1 player is a particularly nasty weapon out there known as the Prismatic Mirror. It will destroy you, as it works with reflected icons and your shields will fail. The key, is attacking only with physical. I found, that two "Swords of Knowledge" are perfect, while the attack is week it is unreflected, and your added defense is useful.

Edited by coltom, 31 August 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#6 Patrick

Patrick
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

ok thanks for the opinions but what if this set is both for 1p and 2p?

#7 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

If it is for both then stick with what you have. Ultimately it is a well rounded set. When you can upgrade to a 100% freezer and upgrade the KBT to the Sword of Ari for best icon disbursement.

#8 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

I have a crisp blue tunic, but didn't upgrade to a Sword of ??

The potions should not be overlooked Flask of Liquid Fire, Flaming Blooble Potion, Sroom Fruit Potion
and what I just purchased Flask of liquid light (Which given the parasol become dirt cheap, was wasted neopoints. Cheap enough to get a whole set, and to carry the right one into battle. 14 attack icons, and your opponent never knows which ones to defend against. Until you can get the sword of reif, Potion of liquid fire is going to do 14 icons to its 18ish average.

Edited by coltom, 31 August 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

The Sword of Reif and Sword of Ari gives you the hardest icons to block in 2P. I'm not saying that they won't be blocked, so don't sell your other weapons just in case. Fire and Air icons don't have good defenses in the battledome so it is easier to slip most, if not all, of your icons past your opponents defense.

#10 Patrick

Patrick
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

ok guys thanks:) but is ari alot better than trident?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users