fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

POPULAR POST!

How to Quickly Improve Your Stamps Count

Posted Image

You need:
syaopup's Packrat Buyer
Stamp List (I have attached a list of 100 cheap stamps, est. price 95,000 NP)
Notepad ++ (if you're making a list with the Item Database)
Neopoints

The first thing you're going to need is a list of stamps that you want to buy. If you are completely new to stamp collecting and starting at zero, there are plenty of cheaper stamps to buy that will bring up your count considerably. The first thing to keep in mind when making your list is that there are other collectible items that count towards your count that aren't stamps. Collectible charms, evil coconuts, sea shells, coins, maractite coins, treasures of the deep, and scarabs all go towards your stamp count. For instance, a Shiny Purple Cowry Shell is only 1 NP and it counts towards your stamp collection.

To make a list using Codex's Item Database you need to know where each of the collectibles restocks:

Stamps - Neopian Post Office Kiosk (58)

Coins and Scarabs - Collectable Coins (68)

Sea Shells, Maractite Coins and Treasures of the Deep - Collectable Sea Shells (86)

Charms - Toy Shop (3)

This guide will help you make a list using the Item Database if you don't know how to do that.

Here is what I plugged in to make a list of cheap stamps and sea shells:
Spoiler

This list would bring your stamp count to 113 and it would cost about 167,585 NP, so you can set your price range to keep it within your budget.

Now that you have your list, it's time to buy the stamps. Open up syaopup's Packrat Buyer and import your list.
Posted Image
If you have the Check SDB box unchecked it will buy everything on the list. If you have less than 1,000 items in your SDB and you want to double-check that you aren't buying stamps that you already have then you might want to check that box. Make sure you have enough NP on hand to buy the stamps. If you run out, the program will stop.

Now that you bought your stamps, you have to put them in your stamp album. The Packrat Buyer program automatically deposits your purchased items into your SDB when you run out of space in your inventory, so you need get the items back into your inventory. There's no really easy way to do this that I know of. My strategy is to search "stamp", enter the amount I want to remove for the first item, then press the tab button twice to enter the amount for the rest of the items before withdrawing. Then, you search "coin" or "charm" or "shell" or whatever else you included on your list and repeat. If someone has a more efficient way of doing this, please let me know.

Once you have your items in your inventory, you have to put them into your stamp album. Again, this is tedious and I don't know of a better way of doing it. The only thing I do to expedite the process is that I don't close and refresh the use object window. I click on the next item while the other window is still up. If anyone knows of a userscript or something that could automate this process, let me know about it and I'll add it here.

Hopefully this was helpful and made it just a little bit easier to boost your stamp count. This same method can also work for your Neodeck if you want to boost your card count.

Attached File  cheap stamp list.txt   2.25KB   156 downloads

Edited by fimend, 20 November 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#2 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

I liked your post... I tried to plus rep but it didnt allow me. Which is weird since I have only used one today... they must have changed something and I just dont know about it yet.

Anyways... In your opinion... What stamps would be good stamps to invest in? I have been looking at the stamp albumbs to check which ones are almost completed. Then I try and buy all the R99 and R101 stamps... Especially R101 stamps that are pretty much retired like the happy lutari and the governor mansion stamp. I could be completely mistaken on this (as a usually am) but I'll keep investing.

Edited by Leaf, 01 September 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#3 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

I liked your post... I tried to plus rep but it didnt allow me. Which is weird since I have only used one today... they must have changed something and I just dont know about it yet.

Anyways... In your opinion... What stamps would be good stamps to invest in? I have been looking at the stamp albumbs to check which ones are almost completed. Then I try and buy all the R99 and R101 stamps... Especially R101 stamps that are pretty much retired like the happy lutario and the governor mansion stamp. I could be completely mistaken on this (as a usually am) but I'll keep investing.

Thanks for the compliment! As far as investing, I don't know a whole lot about it. I would venture to say that stamps that no longer restock or were only released during an event are your best bet to appreciate. Other than that, I think you're on the right track by looking at the nearly completed albums and investing there.

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Great Guide! +rep! Will help me out when my account ages more so I can make my account look even better when trying for a SuAP lender. Thanks for this! :)

#5 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Great post! Really helpful for building up shells and such!

#6 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'll rep this guide later.

Great job!

#7 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

Excellant Guide! Definitely helps make accounts look more legit. I was wondering if I was going blind, but you said you attached a stamp list. Is that stamp list supposed to be downloaded? Or was I reading something incorrectly? :x

#8 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

Excellant Guide! Definitely helps make accounts look more legit. I was wondering if I was going blind, but you said you attached a stamp list. Is that stamp list supposed to be downloaded? Or was I reading something incorrectly? :x

You read correctly. I forgot to attach it. Thanks for noticing. I've attached it at the bottom.

#9 bruh

bruh
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

Very nice guide. +rep

#10 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

You read correctly. I forgot to attach it. Thanks for noticing. I've attached it at the bottom.

Fimend, Thank you! I just tested this and it worked like a charm. Even though you had to manually remove and click to add to your album, it took alot less time than I expected. +Rep!

#11 hehegurl

hehegurl
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Great guide, using right now! Thanks a bunch

#12 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

Solid guide. +rep

Edited by HappyAccident, 03 September 2012 - 05:59 AM.

#13 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Thanks for this :)
Definitely gonna use this when I've got a spare few minutes.
Have some more rep :D

#14 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

Added to the Neocodex Guide Directory.

#15 pyelon

pyelon
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for the guide! +repped you (my first time doing that on these forums btw!)

#16 derpill

derpill
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thanks! Will definitely try using this :)

#17 Satine

Satine
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Thanks, will try this tomorrow. :)

#18 brothulhu

brothulhu
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Wonderful guide! Gave you some rep. I've always wanted to collect stamps.

#19 DannyyUK

DannyyUK
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

Any lists for neodeck?

#20 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

You should be able to make a list using the Item Database and this guide, but I don't have any lists myself.

#21 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:02 PM

I am getting an error when trying to run this, anyone know if this works still?

#22 Yessie

Yessie
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Really neat guide, thanks!

#23 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:37 AM

I am getting an error when trying to run this, anyone know if this works still?

You could use ValorSuite and the USAB to do the buying instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users