[Guide] How to make your user lookup better/more trustworthy

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Camper

Camper
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

POPULAR POST!

Hey guys, I'm gonna post everything that can help you improve the first impression of people towards your neo account Posted Image
(N = needed, NRN = not really needed)

1) Avatar count [N]:
I think thats a basic everyone knows they need to have. People will repsect you if you have a decently high avatar count (250+)

People will lend you basics at pretty much 100+ avatars
FQD, ZDAP, Chokato 190+
BGC 250+
MSPP 270+
SuAP 285+

^Those stats are based on my experience with lenders. Remember it all depends on the lender and of course avatar count isn't the only thing lenders will be looking at.

250 Easy Avatars:
http://www.neopets.com/~easyavatars

2) Active avatar [N]:
Having a really hard game avatar or some retired avatar from like 2005 or something like that, or even some really hard random one, is a definite plus. People will see you are skilled/experienced. Here are a some examples (of course there are some other really nice ones you might have):

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

3) Account age [NRN]:
People won't really judge you if you have an old account or not. Lenders or other people you are trying to impress like to see if you show dedication, and account age doesn't really show that.

You can be 4 months or you can be 9 years but you can still have a good/bad account either way.
Posted Image Posted Image

4) Nice pets [N]:
It is really good if you have well named pets that are nicely clothed (NC is a big turn on) and possibly if they have good battledome stats and are painted well.

5) Guild [N]:
It's always great to be in a guild with lots of friends/rich people you can trust and can trust you back. That way you can be vouched by them, etc. Also if it's a high requirment guild, that's even better

6) Neohome [NRN]:
Now this is really my opinion, I can care less about my neohome, I can care less about anyone else's neohome, and I will never bother to check a neohome. I feel like it's something really not needed. Of course other people love to design and all that but I feel it's no plus.

7) Stamps/Neodecks [N]:
This is really good, you can easily fill up both your stamps and neodeck for like 300k NPs to make both 100-150+ Of course you can fill them up more but it would be more and more expensive. This is something people really like to judge about.

Posted Image
Stamps:

Cheapest 100 Stamps:

Spoiler

Cheapest 100 Neodeck Cards:

Spoiler

8 ) Shop size/gallery size [N]:
If you have a big shop size/gallery size, it means you like to spend NPs for selling and displaying. This is good.

Spoiler

9) Shop quality and quantity/gallery quality and quantity [N]:
If you have a shop with hundreds of codestones/map pieces, etc, it makes your shop look very good. As well as if you some epic display in your gallery like paintbrushes or something very simple like gallery of Shoyru's (for example) it's really good for your account.

Attractive shop:

Spoiler

10) Habitarium [N]:
For someone to look at your Habi just from your lookup and say "cool", then it would be helpful if you had a habi of level 30+ This shows you have (some) dedication for it and it improves your account look. For example

Posted Image
Level: 50

Here's a habi example I found. This would look great.

11) Battledome wins [NRN]:
If you have a low battledome win count, it wouldn't really matter because the judger would want to look and see if you have a good battledome pet. If they see a good battledome pet and not a lot of battledome wins then the person will say "this person can bring up there wins anytime with this pet."

12) Trophies [N]:
Now if you have at least 3 rows of game trophies, it should be enough to make a good impression. I might as well say you can score send like 8 games without and score review to get a trophy like dungeon dash and ugga drop and those games with those max score limit, and you can also use autoplayers for Cheat and all those games. Also if you have really good rankings in previous altador cups, then it will be really good since it shows dedication to that, and obviously previous plots. These are some of the easy ones you can scoresend for (but I don't recommend if your a noob with cheating/SSing): in order: Dungeon Dash, Ugga Drop, Clockwork Codebreaker, Grand Theft Ummagine

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

13) Kad feeding [N]:
Now this just shows you have great skills and dedication to feeding kads. Anything greater then 25 looks good on your account.

Posted Image
Kadoatery
(>25 fed)

14) Neopets premium [N]:
This is obviously if you have some extra money laying around or you just want it. When lenders or people judging your account see you have premium, they directly know you are dedicated and wouldn't do anything to risk your account. But in my opinion I don't really recommend premium. The most common way to see if someone has premium subscription is looking where there neodeck is on there lookup and:

Posted Image
Neodeck:
(Neodeck Name)
xxx cards (xxx unique)
+Premium Cards
^if you see that under someone's neodeck it means they have premium.

15) Links on lookup/decoration [N]:
What I'm trying to say here is have links to your good friends on neo, have a link to your screenies page (if you have screenies, which I recommend you should have) and make a page of avatars you're currently missing and link to it on your lookup.. Maybe also have your goals written on your lookup! And try to get a cool looking layout for your lookout (nothing to annoying for people though.)

Here is an avatar checklist I use all the time:

http://www.jellyneo.net/avatars/

16) Number of games played [N]:
Playing games shows you're dedicated to playing neo. Anything above 250 games played is good because 250 also gets you the avatar and that also shows dedication. Here is an amazing checklist for the top gamer avatar (250 games played):

http://www.thedailyn...op-gamer-games/

--------

I hope this guide helped you guys. Feel free to criticize! Also please PM me if you would like to see another guide that I can try to make Posted Image Just to clear things up this is my guide from another site.

Edited by Camper, 22 November 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#2 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

While this guide doesn't really help me, It will be useful for new players and people looking to make their shells look more legit.
You seem to have put some effort into this so have a +rep :)
Nice work.

#3 Camper

Camper
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thanks a lot! :) I was also looking to add a couple more numbers in later

#4 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

This is certainly the most comprehensive guide of this type I've seen. Good work!

#5 Camper

Camper
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Thanks Bone! It's appreciated :)

#6 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

This is a real nice guide. I think this will help a lot of people if they want to build your account. :)

#7 Perona

Perona
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Thanks for the helpful guide, I am just getting started so this will come in handy! ^_^

#8 Camper

Camper
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Thanks guys.
Yea this is really helpful if you're getting started

#9 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

Interesting guide, thank you for making it. :)

#10 Synedge

Synedge
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Very nice guide. Bookmarking this and going to start getting some avatars :) +rep

#11 Camper

Camper
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thanks everyone, and I'm glad I got a bookmark! :D
Again I'm always open to suggestions. I love making comprehensive guides.

#12 Camper

Camper
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Added number 16 (:

#13 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Spotlight trophies are a great way too ;)
Proves you put effort into something that can't really be "automated"

#14 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

NICE guide. thanks. it will help me alot for the future.

#15 derbygirl12

derbygirl12
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Very helpful guide for shells heh! And just in general. Thanks for posting this!

#16 Camper

Camper
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Thanks guys, and thanks for using it!

#17 Inlove1984

Inlove1984
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

I will be doing this for my Son's and My
Mom's account lol

My Main is really legit looking *clap*

#18 Natsu

Natsu
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

Thanks for the great guide!

#19 Camper

Camper
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the great guide!

No problem! Thanks for using it!

#20 Nullo

Nullo
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Ah, thanks. Just snagged all the easy avatars. Hadn't bothered to do that on my new account yet.

#21 brothulhu

brothulhu
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

I'm very impressed! Thanks!

I just got a bunch of easy avatars. =P

#22 MishaZheleza

MishaZheleza
  • Iron Mouse

• 68 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

^_^ if I only had the dedication to collect cheap stamps and cards. Nice!

#23 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

thanks! collected some easy avvies and now I'll get a premade lookup

#24 Satine

Satine
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

This is a great guide, I never really bothered with my user lookups etc. But it sounds like a good thing to do.

#25 progr3ss

progr3ss
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Nice guide, especially for those who are just starting out. Most of it is just common sense, but then again, common sense ain't so common.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users