CodexSecret 4.0

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

In the style of Post Secret, I'd like to try this codexsecret thing again :)

You take make an image, containing a secret, or something that you'd like us to know anonymously, and upload it. This image shouldn't have your name on it: nothing to tell that it's you.
You can also submit text secrets this time, because of the new system.

Kim tried this before, and others many times since.
I believe the last attempt at this was done in 2008, via photobucket, long before tumblr hit the internets in its current iteration. So this time, we're using that anonymous ask system to support the process of submission. Only I have access to the tumblr account, so there's no risk of the system being compromised like in the past.
You cannot make anonymous image submissions while logged in, but you can while logged out of Tumblr.

The blog is at http://codexsecret.tumblr.com, and is password protected (dontlookhydrogen).

I populated it with the images from the last few rounds that had not been removed, so you can flick through those to get the idea.

#2 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Looks like fun! Thanks for doing this.

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Finally, a place to come out

#4 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Posted Image

Jesus fucking christ

#5 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Posted Image

Jesus fucking christ

I know when I read that I was like. Posted Image

#6 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Ok some of these are really fucked up, better hope someone just has a really dark sense of humour :S

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

Let's try to remember that these are real people's posts, shall we?

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

Since this blog is password-protected, it can't be followed, can it?

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Ok some of these are really fucked up, better hope someone just has a really dark sense of humour :S

Have you ever read the real post secrets?

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

Since this blog is password-protected, it can't be followed, can it?

Or reblogged.

#11 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Let's try to remember that these are real people's posts, shall we?

Someone who does this

Posted Image

or this

Posted Image

doesn't deserve my, or anyone's for that matter, tact.

Have you ever read the real post secrets?

I don't think I want to now.

Edited by trizzle, 09 September 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Ah yes, I remember the last time we tried this. It's a lot of fun and anyone who hasn't taken part in it yet, definitely do so :D.

Why 4.0 though? O_o

#13 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Ah yes, I remember the last time we tried this. It's a lot of fun and anyone who hasn't taken part in it yet, definitely do so :D.

Why 4.0 though? O_o

It just sounds cool. :p

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

Someone who does this doesn't deserve my, or anyone's for that matter, tact.

I think it's equal parts naive and cruel to judge people based on those few words.

#15 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Someone who does this

Posted Image

doesn't deserve my, or anyone's for that matter, tact.

I have to disagree with you. You don't know who posted that. It could have been me. You have no idea what that person has done since that moment in their life, or how long ago it was, or how old they even were. You have no idea the guilt that they carry. Being able to post about something truly horrible about yourself is cathartic and theraputic. Then, seeing someone come along and quote it and say that you don't deserve common decency tears down the progress and makes you feel even more horrible about yourself than you already did.

I would encourage those who read to do so with an open mind and remember that the people who post these things are our friends. If it is too bothersome for you to read them, then don't. But don't sit back and publicly pass judgement on people's innermost dark secrets.

#16 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

It just sounds cool. :p

People need to stop answering for me. It's intensely irritating when someone presumes to know my mind.
Especially someone intellectually deficient.

By my count, this is the fourth one we've had.

#17 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

I have to disagree with you. You don't know who posted that. It could have been me. You have no idea what that person has done since that moment in their life, or how long ago it was, or how old they even were. You have no idea the guilt that they carry. Being able to post about something truly horrible about yourself is cathartic and theraputic. Then, seeing someone come along and quote it and say that you don't deserve common decency tears down the progress and makes you feel even more horrible about yourself than you already did.

I would encourage those who read to do so with an open mind and remember that the people who post these things are our friends. If it is too bothersome for you to read them, then don't. But don't sit back and publicly pass judgement on people's innermost dark secrets.

That was probably the wrong post to choose, even though it does make me uncomfortable. Whoever submitted is clearly haunted by their past. And you're also right that it was wrong of me to judge without thinking. I'll admit things like that are absolutely shocking to me, maybe because I've led a relatively sheltered life. I said what I did in a the mindset of disbelief. It doesn't help that the image provides only a miniscule snippet of a long and undoubtedly many-sided story.

Saying that, I couldn't sympathise with an adult who molests children. It makes me sick to my core, even if it is a psychological problem of theirs caused by something out of their control. That's my fault and it probably is naive and cruel but I have nieces who I love dearly who are around the age and it frightens me more than I can say that there are people out there walking around who sexualise those children and are potential predators. It also scares me that people with the same thoughts could be some posting on this site, who I am friends with. That they could be our friends actually makes it more terrifying.

Edited by trizzle, 09 September 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Saying that, I couldn't sympathise with an adult who molests children.

What if they were also a child when it happened rather than an adult? They don't actually specify.

#19 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

What if they were also a child when it happened rather than an adult? They don't actually specify.

Yeah that's what I thought as soon as I'd posted it, which is why I regretted putting what I did.

#20 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

But don't sit back and publicly pass judgement on people's innermost dark secrets.

But...
D=

#21 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Oh woah @ the whole sister semi sexual wrist cutting wow. Dark.
EDIT: I am in no way passing judgement, Just threw me off as I was scrolling through

Edited by Steve, 09 September 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Tumblr has chosen an excellent time to cock up hardcore :p

#23 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

O ________________________________ O

#24 Sweeney