Photo

iPhone 5

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#26 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

AAPL rose 3 dollars from opening. So, you should probably understand how finance works before you Google 'Apple Stock' and think you're making an intelligent comment.

Let me write this in my book of things I don't care about.

#27 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Let me write this in my book of things I don't care about.

Best seller.

Not srs.

I mean, I can understand if you made a mistake, since you have to squint to read and all...

#28 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Definitely looking forward to that extra row for my icons.

#29 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Best seller.

Not srs.

I mean, I can understand if you made a mistake, since you have to squint to read and all...

I'd warn you for this post if I didn't have to squint so hard to read it

#30 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'd warn you for this post if I didn't have to squint so hard to read it

:mellow:

#31 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

:mellow:

I keed on both accounts

#32 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

I keed on both accounts

Darn. Both would have been funny.

#33 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

I have an iphone 4s and I think its size is perfect, those bigger phones are just annoying to use with only one hand

also I don't care about an improved siri as she doesn't work in my country so it makes no difference... and I could simulate panorama with an app

#34 m33r33

m33r33
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

lol the usual "omg I hate apple's new product" circlejerk
My body is ready, waiting for my 4 to sell on CL. Can't believe i'm about to drop $700 on a phone!

and if you're crying about only the fact that it's taller that's kinda shallow, it being taller isn't the only thing different. They change the insides too.

#35 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

#36 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Well it's shiny, and larger screens are nice, but it kinda looks out of proportion in my opinion. Apart from the larger screen, and apparently faster connection, processor, etc. it doesn't really appear to have many more features than the 4s to me.

But then again, I'm not a massive Apple fanatic.

#37 Kuragehime

Kuragehime
  • 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Not too keen on the new connector... it would make my shiny dock/speaker system pretty much obsolete =/

#38 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

I honestly don't understand why they couldn't have packed all these "innovative new" features into the 4S when that was released. This doesn't qualify a completely new phone.

#39 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

I honestly don't understand why they couldn't have packed all these "innovative new" features into the 4S when that was released. This doesn't qualify a completely new phone.

How else does Apple make $$

#40 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

How else does Apple make $$

I know, it's a stupid practice, but corporations gon' corporate. The whole smartphone market is a giant clusterfuck right now which is why I don't even bother with them (that and the extremely high prices (at least here in Aus)).

#41 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

I feel kind of underwhelmed by this release to be honest, maybe it's because everything was basically leaked ahead of time (even if nothing was confirmed as true). Or maybe it just seems like everything that got upgraded was already standard on a lot of current gen phones which is almost like them playing catch up and since they only release a new phone every year they'll be even farther behind in 6 months.

Larger screen? But it's only taller, sure it gives you an extra row of icons and closer to the 16:9 aspect ratio but that's only good if you're watching HD tv shows -> more data

Improved processor. Up to twice as fast as the old A5 chip, still not quad core, even if in North America only dual core phones are available. Don't think it's 1.5 GHz, on the other hand, Microsoft proved that you don't necessarily need the fastest processor to have a slick device.

LTE has been been around for some time now

It's thinner. I'd rather take a phone that's slightly thicker with a better battery life than a phone with decent battery life and is thinner.

Improved Siri. So now it might only be slightly worse than Google Now.

Where's the NFC? The wireless charging? I understand that apple isn't one to adopt bleeding edge of technology. But they do have a knack for convincing people to want stuff that they didn't realize they wanted. That 'one more thing' that forces all the other companies to think 'oh shit, we need to do this too'

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward the Nokia Lumia 920 as my next phone. We'll see though

They wont adapt NFC to two more years most likely. Maybe a single year if more people want it.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 in quad core, so yeah, glad to see your horribly uninformed.

You do realize that all technology companies do this, right?

Ummmm. No.

Not too keen on the new connector... it would make my shiny dock/speaker system pretty much obsolete =/

More money for Apple!.WHOOO.

lol the usual "omg I hate apple's new product" circlejerk
My body is ready, waiting for my 4 to sell on CL. Can't believe i'm about to drop $700 on a phone!

and if you're crying about only the fact that it's taller that's kinda shallow, it being taller isn't the only thing different. They change the insides too.

Actually, the majority of the posts in this topic say they are considering purchasing it.

Glad to know your an apple fan boy true and true, you had better hope that HTC's patent doesn't stop the sell of the Iphone 5 or you're screwed and won't have a phone.

#42 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Ummmm. No.

Please show me a technology company that doesn't release new products regularly.

#43 Tocsin

Tocsin
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Please show me a technology company that doesn't release new products regularly.

Nintendo.

#44 Kashi

Kashi
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Adding around an extra inch? Talk about overcompensation.

But really, I really do think the Iphone 4 size is perfect for a phone/gadget =/

Exactly. I thought of buying the 5, but it being larger just... Discourages me. I like it that it's thinner, tho. I'm split.

#45 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

Well they always have the opportunity to bring out an iPhone 5 Classic in a year or two which could have the guts of the new iPhone but with the dimensions of the iPhone 4.

#46 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Maybe I"ll just wait for the Iphone 5S or w/e

#47 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

When did we say "Release new products regularly"

Its the fact that this is tiny upgrade for $200 dollars more. No company releases small upgrades for huge amounts of money. Just apple.

#48 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

When did we say "Release new products regularly"

Its the fact that this is tiny upgrade for $200 dollars more. No company releases small upgrades for huge amounts of money. Just apple.

The original post that I was responding to when you quoted me:

If it is just larger, thinner and less heavy why would someone pay $200 for an upgrade? Didn't the 4S come out not that long ago? One of my pet peeves with apple. They come out with new things every 6 months and they do not come cheap and many times there is not much change.

Also, I would like to know where these figures are coming from that it will be $200 more. It certainly wasn't mentioned anywhere in the original article, and everything that I can find on the internet about the iPhone 5 price structure is speculation.

#49 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

I read somewhere that they plan it to be the same price as the iPhone 4S' release. Not sure if that's true, of course.

#50 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

I have a penis and I think its size is perfect, those bigger penises are just annoying to use with only one hand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users