• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#76 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Oh, well if that's the new rule.

Didn't even both to look at the 160 phones the offer, did you? Windows and Andorid phones (They would offer IOS if they were allowed). Smart phones and not smart phones. Flip out keywords and touchscreens. Lots and lots of different variations. But of course, its better to have a single phone.

#77 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

Didn't even both to look at the 160 phones the offer, did you? Windows and Andorid phones (They would offer IOS if they were allowed). Smart phones and not smart phones. Flip out keywords and touchscreens. Lots and lots of different variations. But of course, its better to have a single phone.

It's almost like you think incremental upgrades through hundreds of phones are different to incremental upgrades in one phone series.

#78 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

It's almost like you think incremental upgrades through hundreds of phones are different to incremental upgrades in one phone series.

When the pricing is different based on the number of features it offers... Yeah?

#79 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

When the pricing is different based on the number of features it offers... Yeah?

Almost like the natural depreciation of the iPhones over time...

#80 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Almost like the natural depreciation of the iPhones over time...

*sadshake*

Believe whatever you want. It doesn't really matter.

#81 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

*sadshake*

Believe whatever you want. It doesn't really matter.

Are you saying that iPhones don't get cheaper as they get older? Or...?

#82 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Are you saying that iPhones don't get cheaper as they get older? Or...?

I'm saying that there is a clear distinction between the two categories.

I can get a device more powerful than an older iphone for the same price or slightly more, depending on what I want, and how much I want to spend.

#83 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

I can get a device more powerful than an older iphone for the same price or slightly more, depending on what I want, and how much I want to spend.

That's because you pay a premium for branding. Not because the sales models are different.
They are effectively the same.

#84 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

White people over the Iphone 5: what, there aren't even that many new features and the screen is bigger which is good/bad. Oh well.
Asian people over the IPhone 5: IT'S NEW AND BETTER THAN MINE AND I WANT IT

seriously. That's the reaction I see on my fb/twitter xD

My favorite post in this thread and probably the most accurate.

#85 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

That's because you pay a premium for branding. Not because the sales models are different.
They are effectively the same.

So its bad that samsung provides multiple options, and a good thing that apple charges for branding. Gotcha.

#86 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Lol... Apple charges the same price for their new model iPhone as they did for their older model phone when it was new... They always have the same price structure. In fact, as someone who worked in the cellular industry, I can assure you that they all follow the same pricing structure. Yes, Samsung does offer a variety of phones at different price points. This is to capture a larger portion of the market as most people refuse to pay a minimum of $200 for a phone ON CONTRACT. They pander to the lowest common denominator. (Or you could say they offer products at an affordable rate for people of all incomes... that is fine.... the point here is that Apple has never attempted to market its products to those who don't have the money for luxury items. Yes, it is part of the branding. It's also effective.)

P.s. If you think that Motorola introducing the Bionic and then a month or two later introducing the RAZR and then in a month or two introducing the RAZR MAXX and then introducing the RAZR MAXX HD isn't worse then you are only fooling yourself. They also all launched with basic options @ $199 on contract. In fact, what really disturbed me the most, was the only difference (other than $100) between the RAZR 16GB and the RAZR 32GB model was that the RAZR 32GB model came with a 16GB MicroSD card pre-installed....

P.p.s. The reason these companies do this is simple... People get out of their contracts (or at least get closer to their upgrade dates) at varying times of the year. Most people will hold out and wait for the NEW SUPER AWESOME phone that is going to launch in the next month or two... (Why do you think phone companies like Verizon offer you an upgrade 20 months into your 24 month contract?) So they release phones throughout the year with incremental upgrades from their last model to capture this market. All of the phone manufacturers do this.... It's supported by the tele-com industries so much because it helps them secure that the majority of their customers are locked into two year "agreements."

#87 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Good article on the creativity of the iphone vs android

http://www.androidpi.../android-iphone

#88 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

I don't really understand the argument which has encompassed most of the posts in this thread, Apple products are more expensive because people are willing to pay that premium. They'd be stupid to charge a lower price than their customers are willing to pay so this whole argument is just pointless.

#89 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

Side note:

Anyone in the UK who may be interested in a new phone, I can get you 25% your bill (pay as you go or contract) with Virgin Mobile.
Just an FYI :)

They should be getting the iPhone 5 within the next few months

(this doesn't give me any benefit, im just nice like that :p)

#90 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

Ooh, sweet... Shame vmobile reception is shitty where I live, and I -just- got a 4S :p

If you're still there at the next launch, though, I might hit you up ;)

#91 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Ooh, sweet... Shame vmobile reception is shitty where I live, and I -just- got a 4S :p

If you're still there at the next launch, though, I might hit you up ;)

No problemo. Its the same with Virgin media services too btw! So Broadband and tv etc..

#92 m33r33

m33r33
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

hey look
http://browser.prima...kbench2/1030202
http://browser.prima...roid-benchmarks

omg guys obviously iphones are underpowered rite

ay pero no, obviously apple doesnt update for shit
Posted Image

Edited by m33r33, 16 September 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#93 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

hey look
http://browser.prima...kbench2/1030202
http://browser.prima...roid-benchmarks

omg guys obviously iphones are underpowered rite

ay pero no, obviously apple doesnt update for shit
Posted Image

so what you're saying is that a slower processor with less cores outperforms a faster processor with more cores? Wicked.

#94 m33r33

m33r33
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

It's what the benchmarks are saying right now. Either way, just because something has 400 more mhz doesn't necessarily make it faster... ever heard of the megahertz myth?

#95 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

Anyways, I'm gonna stay on topic.
I have a 4. I like it. I was playing with a 5 yesterday and it's noticeably different, I am selling my 4 to get the 5.

All this bickering is pointless, it all comes down to personal preference. What a bunch on unnecessary drama.

#96 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

Good article on the creativity of the iphone vs android

http://www.androidpi.../android-iphone

An Android-biased article featured on an Android-biased site. Seems legit.

#97 OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Why is it so freaking long? But other than that, it's the same as every other iPhone

#98 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Aren't phones suppose to make calls and text. This is not a computer. Who cares about processor speed. :ohwell:

#99 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Aren't phones suppose to make calls and text. This is not a computer. Who cares about processor speed. :ohwell:

People who aren't troglodytes, presumably.

#100 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

People who aren't troglodytes, presumably.

I fucking love that word. Also, lol.

I really like the panorama on the iPhone 5. In all other ways my samsung s3 is superior ;) Just kidding I have no clue about phones. All I know is mine's fast and pretty. A bit big for pockets but otherwise I'd say the two are on a par.

See look how freaking huge the s3 is

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users