Quantcast

Anyone want to inflate something/a few things with me?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

I have an idea on a higher end item to inflate (500k) that I inflated once to 1 mil for a few days :D but if anyone else has some ideas, I would be more than happy to participate in inflating it with you. We could inflate buyable or UB things, just throw some ideas out and maybe we can do some sort of codex inflation. If a few people are also interested in the 500k item idea, Ill let you all know what it is so we can start

#2 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Next time, just change your topic and your post instead of making another one considering how related they are.

#3 Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

I couldnt figure out how to change the title though...

#4 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

I couldnt figure out how to change the title though...

When you edit your post there should be a button that says use full editor...
Pretty sure that's how you do it.

Edited by Mew, 12 September 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#5 Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Oh, ok. Anyway a moderator or someone is able to merge this topic with the other or something?

#6 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Do you have a specific item in mind or just thinking about it at the minute?

#7 myohmy

myohmy
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I was wondering if and how this could be done. I'm bored. Count me in.

#8 Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Well, I have one specific item that is in the 500k range that is fairly easy to inflate and ets , and I would probably inflate it again if a few other people joined in on it. And Im definitely open to ideas if anyone else can think of a very good item to inflate instead

Well to inflate an item, we all buy a ton of them up, and price them for higher than they usually sell for. This can be done either through making buyables higher or making UBS even higher XD (made arround a 5 mil profit in a day from inflating this item before :p but like I said, if anyone knows of other good items to inflate, Im definitely open to it

Edited by Neopointmaker, 12 September 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#9 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

This isn't going to end well.

#10 Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

This isn't going to end well.

How may I ask?

#11 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

How may I ask?

A. It wont inflate and you wasted your $$ buying it.
B. You got it to a price that is inflated, but after you sell one, the price deflates down.
C. Some cockblocker on the trading post will write "GUISE THIS ITEM IS ONLY WORTH 500K BE THE CARE"
D. You got it to a price that is inflated, but after you sell a few, you can't sell the rest at the same price

#12 Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

A. It wont inflate and you wasted your $$ buying it.
B. You got it to a price that is inflated, but after you sell one, the price deflates down.
C. Some cockblocker on the trading post will write "GUISE THIS ITEM IS ONLY WORTH 500K BE THE CARE"
D. You got it to a price that is inflated, but after you sell a few, you can't sell the rest at the same price

Which is why I prepared a perfect item for all these scenarios :) avvie item that should be worth 900k or so but for some reason is lower, last time when someone called out on the tp saying this item wass inflated, no one listens to them because everyone knows it should be at that price, and since its a highly wanted avvie item, it is always in demand

#13 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

And then they all got iced and the prince and princess lived happily ever after. The end.

#14 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Ah, how little Elle and long ass name know. I've been doing this for 9+ years on Neopets. Send 1 of the items to a shell account or something and price it on the TP. (Find an item where there aren't any on the TP). Offer the items you inflate on trades, you'll get rejected A LOT, but you will get a few accepted. Then sell those items you get from the trade. (Obviously). Toss 1 in auctions possibly. Rince. Repeat.

#15 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

You've been doing this for 9 years. This dudes been doing it for 9 hours.

#16 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

You've been doing this for 9 years. This dudes been doing it for 9 hours.

True, he'll probably fuck up some how.

#17 pyelon

pyelon
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

In theory, couldn't someone purchase every single "Palm Fan" or similar item from user shops for less than 10np, and then reprice them all to 10np and make up to 9np per palm fan bought? Or do you guys think the supply of palm fans is too rapid to accomplish this?

If someone with programming skills thinks this is possible, an "inflator bot" could be made to do such a task :)

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

In theory, couldn't someone purchase every single "Palm Fan" or similar item from user shops for less than 10np, and then reprice them all to 10np and make up to 9np per palm fan bought? Or do you guys think the supply of palm fans is too rapid to accomplish this?

If someone with programming skills thinks this is possible, an "inflator bot" could be made to do such a task :)

Palm Fans are useless, there's pretty much no demand for them.

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Team inflation doesn't work, because someone always gets greedy and impatient.

#20 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Ah, how little Elle and long ass name know. I've been doing this for 9+ years on Neopets. Send 1 of the items to a shell account or something and price it on the TP. (Find an item where there aren't any on the TP). Offer the items you inflate on trades, you'll get rejected A LOT, but you will get a few accepted. Then sell those items you get from the trade. (Obviously). Toss 1 in auctions possibly. Rince. Repeat.

And what is your net profit from doing this over the course of a month? Or a year? Curious, me.

#21 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Why not just buy some regular pirate krawk plushies and toss them on the TP repeatedly as a quick sale until someone accidentally offers 1m on it ;D

#22 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Why not just buy some regular pirate krawk plushies and toss them on the TP repeatedly as a quick sale until someone accidentally offers 1m on it ;D

a) that's scamming
b) people rarely fall for that
c) you can't offer 1m on trade lots

#23 pyelon

pyelon
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Palm Fans are useless, there's pretty much no demand for them.

True indeed I guess, but there are a lot of useless items that are expensive in neopets. :p Anyhow that was an example item. what about with plushies worth a few hundred np ea?

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

True indeed I guess, but there are a lot of useless items that are expensive in neopets. :p Anyhow that was an example item. what about with plushies worth a few hundred np ea?

Is there much demand for very common plushies? Remember, you'd need to buy and sell probably tens/hundreds of thousands of them to make a decent enough profit to make it worthwhile so you'd need to pick an item where tens/hundreds of thousands of them are going to be able to be sold within a certain period.

#25 pyelon

pyelon
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Is there much demand for very common plushies? Remember, you'd need to buy and sell probably tens/hundreds of thousands of them to make a decent enough profit to make it worthwhile so you'd need to pick an item where tens/hundreds of thousands of them are going to be able to be sold within a certain period.

good point. :) this forum is a great learning tool! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users