OrCad PSpice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

does anyone here have worked with PSpice before? i really need your help.

#2 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

I have, to do some analog circuit modelling. What's up? :p

#3 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

actually how do you use the Markers ? where to put them and all... and if i want a graph of Current vs Voltage, how to do it ??

#4 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

ugh, I don't actually have PSpice installed to figure out how.

http://www.csupomona...ICEWorkshop.pdf

This thing claims that you can place markers using the toolbar, or by selecting "Advanced" from PSPICE -> Markers menu.

From what I remember, if you want a graph of current vs. voltage, you have to do a DC sweep simulation and measure I (current) at whatever node you want to measure current at. You can select a voltage source to sweep, so make sure you have a DC voltage source somewhere in there.

#5 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

ive downloaded so many Manuals already LoL :p

what i realize is that sometimes, placing markers at a diffrent place in your circuit yields diffrent readings. is there a specific place i should put the marker so that it gives you the actual reading ?

my readings from my experiment is too far off of those in PSpice :(

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

ive downloaded so many Manuals already LoL :p

what i realize is that sometimes, placing markers at a diffrent place in your circuit yields diffrent readings. is there a specific place i should put the marker so that it gives you the actual reading ?

my readings from my experiment is too far off of those in PSpice :(

How much variation are you seeing in your marker measurements? If it's pretty big, there's some else going on with the circuit. I don't remember PSpice trolling people by making the current change greatly for the same wire, or something. :p

If you have some specifics to share (like the code and schematic, and where you are measuring), I could look over your circuit and let you know if I see anything that would cause variations in the current measurement. :p

#7 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

okey :) will do. just give me a few hours or so. now i really need to take a break -.-" been on it for hours. still cant get the required graph. thank you. i'll be back with some pictures and all :p

**first time using it, i didnt even know u HAVE to put the Ground, which u also have to name it '0' ...took 4hours of my time -.- til i realize.

#8 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

okey :) will do. just give me a few hours or so. now i really need to take a break -.-" been on it for hours. still cant get the required graph. thank you. i'll be back with some pictures and all :p

**first time using it, i didnt even know u HAVE to put the Ground, which u also have to name it '0' ...took 4hours of my time -.- til i realize.

Ok. Just PM me with what you have. I should have time to look at it tomorrow (North American time).

This will serve as a good refresher for PSpice for me too. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users