Photo

Banning of Khaligula

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#126 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

PING, did you create Khaligula and get him banned in the hopes that it would be justification for iargue's banning?

#127 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

It's easy to criticize others, but you've posted up Napiform's real name on the status updates without her permission, arguably with the intent to harass either Yung or Napiform. Rest assured, it will be dealt with according to the rules of the board.

DAMN IT. I went to +rep you and it gave me the out of +reps for the day error. So I went to type this message and +repped the first post I saw so I could copy the message and now INFECTHEAD HAS A REP FOR NO FUCKING REASON CAUSE IT RESET.

OT: I had something else to say, but I forgot now. I'll be back.

#128 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

DAMN IT. T RESET.

Gave him one of mine for you, and gave you one too.

#129 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

DAMN IT. I went to +rep you and it gave me the out of +reps for the day error. So I went to type this message and +repped the first post I saw so I could copy the message and now INFECTHEAD HAS A REP FOR NO FUCKING REASON CAUSE IT RESET.

OT: I had something else to say, but I forgot now. I'll be back.

But in the same post he criticised cronus for posting your real name and then posted mine. I feel slightly molested :(

#130 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

But in the same post he criticised cronus for posting your real name and then posted mine. I feel slightly molested :(

Your first name and your last name are Alex? I'd have an indignant alien for an avatar too.

I remembered what I was going to say.

I don't think it matters too much to Kami whether he was banned or not. I was under the impression from his moderator suggestion thread that one of his goals was to ultimately be banned, that he expected it.
Personally, I'm glad he's gone, but only because I found some of the things he said stressful. That said, I'm glad he came and left his mark here (like he apparently did all over the internet), because his future employers will find it and not hire him. He wanted to work in global relations. I sure as shit don't want him representing my country.

#131 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Your first name and your last name are Alex? I'd have an indignant alien for an avatar too.

Alex Alexander isn't an uncommon name ._.

#132 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

That would actually be Darth Bug Droid, the cloaked version of the Bug Droid.

Bug Droid is the Android mascot.

#133 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Wasn't he a nemesis of superman?

#134 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Wasn't he a nemesis of superman?

That would be Lex Luther.

#135 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Luthor

Edited by bluelion, 04 October 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#136 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Alexander Joseph "Lex" Luthor, as of post crisis

#137 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

You're right; I forgot

#138 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

It's easy to criticize others, but you've posted up Napiform's real name on the status updates without her permission, arguably with the intent to harass either Yung or Napiform. Rest assured, it will be dealt with according to the rules of the board.

I invite your punishment, as long as you are consistent. Though I expect inaction, given a mod, subject to rules more stringent than that of a normal member, only received a slap on alleged the wrist. :rolleyes:

#139 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

I invite your punishment, as long as you are consistent. Though I expect inaction, given a mod, subject to rules more stringent than that of a normal member, only received a slap on alleged the wrist. :rolleyes:

Honestly, your entire behavior in this thread is just being a dick and nothing else. You have no grounds for your arguments, and so you result to insulting the staff and accusing them of imaginary things instead.

No one can justify him staying around. He was a pure disruption to the forum, and never provided anything constructive ever. While plenty of member of the board do not provide anything constructive, they do not also disrupt the board on a clear and consistent basis. On top of his attitude, he was also making debate topics after being clearly told that he cannot back debate topics anymore. That is a clear defiance of the administration, and they reserve every right to remove him from the forum. the rules are in place so people who want to be here can improve their act, not for people who just want to disrupt the forum.

Waser Lave posted information that was otherwise available on the internet. While I may not have seen this information (Removed too quickly) everyone states that it was already provided by someone else, and Waser Lave simply linked to that. This breaks absolutely zero rules, and actually carries no punishment. It is not against the rules to post publicly available information, and Waser Lave was completely in his rights to post that information. On the same grounds the Administration is in their right to remove the information and inform Waser Lave that he should not be posting the information.

#140 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

I thought my post was quite contributive :(

#141 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

I thought my post was quite contributive :(

But you only get three, and while it was a nice post it just wasn't that special. Just not "in that way".

#142 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Waser Lave posted information that was otherwise available on the internet. While I may not have seen this information (Removed too quickly) everyone states that it was already provided by someone else, and Waser Lave simply linked to that. This breaks absolutely zero rules, and actually carries no punishment. It is not against the rules to post publicly available information, and Waser Lave was completely in his rights to post that information. On the same grounds the Administration is in their right to remove the information and inform Waser Lave that he should not be posting the information.

Wrong, again.

#143 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Wrong, again.

You could explain in more detail about why iArgue is mistaken, and the merits of defending information that he has never actually seen?

#144 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Discussing it with the staff member, and removing the offending material is not inaction. Also, they've since been asked not to do it again because as I said above, we're forming an official policy on it. I don't think it would be appropriate to issue a 10% warn in this case. I mean, you even saw it fit to release personal information about somebody, so obviously there's a little bit of a misconception that exists here that we should clear up and enforce for the future.

Don't worry, when you become an administrator of your own site, you can do things your way. If you don't like the way we do, you can tell us, but in the end you don't have to continue visiting the site if it's so bad.

There's no other ways to appeal the actions taken, so I don't know what else to say to you. In fact, because of this, topic is now closed. I don't see too much more that can be discussed and I've given ample opportunity for everyone to give constructive input on the matter.

#145 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

You seem to be failing to grasp the power structure here. We reserve certain actions as administrative agents of neocodex, including the right to refuse service, program access, posting privileges, etc. This isn't a democracy. While we value the opinions of the community, we're not going to make moderation decisions based on one member's personal preferences. If you aren't having the time of your life you needn't stay. There are plenty of other internets out there.

Likewise you do not have a say in whether we selectively enforce the rules or not (your consistency bit). Out of necessity this happens, and we're well within our right to continue to do so as it's unrealistic to expect every single violation to be caught. Also our rules were written with a certain amount of discretion implied. This has always been a staff decision, not a community one. Continuing to bring this up as though we've made some crucial moral error is a waste of time and energy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users