89 replies to this topic

#1 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Latest News
  • 30 Oct 2012 NST - A new round of fixes have been posted today! Also, welcome to all the new folks. :D
    • You may experience "one-shot" kills, where challengers who "heal" accidentally kill themselves instead
    • The Space Faerie is not cooperating with 'Dome officials. You might want to stay away from Strong and Mighty fights with her
    • Ranged animations (between the two challengers) are pointing the wrong direction for players on the right
    • Neopoint loot is working (set very low currently!), however you may not be recieving item prizes as expected
  • 26 Oct 2012 NST - Closed beta begins with a small group of ragtag testers. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the BD-Team.
  • 25 Oct 2012 NST - More fixes. BOOYAH!
    • At the end of a battle, the "Play Again" and "New Fight" buttons do not work as intended
    • Some weapons that deal a portion of damage based on a percentage of total HP (e.g. Evil Hubrid Statue) don't work as expected
    • Trailer link does not work
    • Battlepedia link does not work
  • 24 Oct 2012 NST - A fix! Hooray!
    • You may not be able to withdraw from a battle
  • 22 Oct 2012 NST - This page was created to prepare for the beta. This is not really news, but we're putting it here anyway so nyah.
Current Known Issues
  • Inflatable Balthazar is missing from the challenger list
  • Loot and NP are in (still set low for beta) but you will not receive a notice if you hit the cap (also set very low for beta)
  • Some copy and graphical text is displaying in English even when playing the Battledome in another language
  • The gravestones in the Rattling Cauldron are animating on the "VS" screen, though they shouldn't
  • Fight Record and High Score pages are incomplete and may not be functioning correctly
  • Skirmish functionality (formerly known as Quick Fight) is incomplete and may not be functioning correctly
  • The fight record on the Battledome homepage is also inaccurate
  • Fights may not be logged properly (remember, fights you complete during the beta may not be logged or may be purged at any time!)
  • Featured Challenge link in the nav does not work
  • 2-player challenges don't yet get sent through events; you'll need to visit the Challenges page to see challenges from other testers
  • Some equipping rules are not working (For example, you can equip more than one healing item)
  • Avatars aren't being awarded (they haven't been added yet)
  • The combat log displays blocked icons incorrectly
  • One-use items are disappearing during the fight, but return after the battle has ended
  • IE8 is not supported in the new BD. You will have issues if you use IE8!
  • There's no end-of-fight healing - this is actually not a bug! This is an intentional design change. You will have to heal up if you want to fight again.
Important Notes
  • LIMITED-USE WEAPON NOTICE: These will work as normal, so they will disappear forever and not be returned if you decide to use them. Given that your records will probably be wiped, you may decide not to "waste" them during beta. Or you may not care! It's totally up to you, but we wanted to note it here to warn y'all just in case.
  • RECORDS NOTICE: You will not see your real BD records here yet, but don't panic! They are not gone. They are safe and will return later.
  • Actions (cautious attack, berserk attack, defend, etc.) are not in yet. Fear not. They will return after Open Beta. Until then, players without equipment will be granted a temporary FIST weapon (in the in-fight weapon menu) that acts like the standard normal attack.
  • Abilities are being revamped, hence the Coming Soon notices. Old ability-related items, such as those that granted or levelled abilities, should not work. If you find any that still function, please let us know!

Spoiler

Old News
Spoiler

Edited by Slowpoke, 01 November 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#2 PinkRainbows

PinkRainbows
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Now, I need a BD pet :<

#3 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Now, I need a BD pet :<

Y U NO STICK TO 1 NAME, Eevee/Bears/Candeh?
TNT said they'll accept beginners as well. Maybe look in lost.quiggle.org and eventually you'll find a pet with beginner stats that can be viewed as BD

#4 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I have a decent BD pet. Signed up. Hopefully most of the things will not be to high because it will cause definition and TNT has been doing this for awhile. Thought it would be nice to see them at the same time.

Edited by Tristen, 04 October 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

I'm happy now that I spent time training my pet. I wonder what sort of prizes there are. Hmmm..Maybe an indication of a plot involving the use of the battledome as well? Though to me a plot seems a bit unlikely.
Signed up.

Just thought of this: Prizes... Perhaps another way to deflate BD items? As they did with Infinite bag of neggs and the Parasol of unfortunate demise from the Negg Cave? I'm hoping for SuAP as right now it's nearly impossible to get a lend, or to find someone who's willing to sell theirs. I feel like I'm hoping too much here.

Edited by Satsuki, 04 October 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#6 PinkRainbows

PinkRainbows
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Y U NO STICK TO 1 NAME, Eevee/Bears/Candeh?
TNT said they'll accept beginners as well. Maybe look in lost.quiggle.org and eventually you'll find a pet with beginner stats that can be viewed as BD

becuss i cant figure out whats better /Hides.

yeah i might do that hehe

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

About damn time.

#8 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^á´¥^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

They'll finally add tag team fighting like Pokemon did 10 years ago

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

I'm going to guess there's going to be a lot of ajax in there rather than the page refreshing we currently have.

#10 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Finally, the current BD is so boring and "un-battley". Can't wait to see what they have planned :)

#11 Insanity

Insanity
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

I signed up for the beta.. . hopefully they take me :)

#12 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

I should put a poll up asking who thinking it will be flash. :lol2: I personally like the existing one.

#13 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Biggest fear seems to be same as most other players - NC Weapons...

#14 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Should probably get around to beating DoN1 now... It's funny sad how many ACers are asking to borrow bd weapon/pets.

Hopefully it's not flash and if they do want animations that it'll at least be HTML5

Think they'll get rid of all the old challengers?

#15 Matin

Matin
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

I love this news! I think the update might bring motivation for me to be more active on Neo.

I wonder how long it will be before everything is complete. BD has to be closed down, there has to be time to pick beta participants, there has to be time to test bugs, make changes, and all sorts of things will be going on before it's good enough.

I also wonder about the prizes. More item deflation? Weapons? Other incentives like trophies or avatars? It's all so exciting.

#16 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

This is great! It seems like just the thing to get a couple thousand players back online again!

#17 BugsBunny

BugsBunny
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Least my neopets has decent BD stats... I hope. xD Just going to need a BD set :o

And finally!! The BD is getting an upgrade XD

#18 bocoom

bocoom
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

all i know is im gunna beat all yallz

#19 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

all i know is im gunna beat all yallz

Talk is cheap, gibeata, war is paid with the most expensive coin.

#20 sbetta

sbetta
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Looks like I need to finish DoN and get my last battledome avatar soon. But at least they're actually doing something to improve the site!

#21 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

/hoarded 2 Erasers of the Dark Faerie, 3 Kacheek Flours, and 1 sparkshooter

Pway wif me? /puppy dog eyes

#22 bocoom

bocoom
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

whatever my guys are in the 50s range. whats so good about your pets?

#23 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

whatever my guys are in the 50s range. whats so good about your pets?

You do realize that the "50s range" is almost as weak as it gets, right?

#24 bocoom

bocoom
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

why did you have to crush my dreams?

#25 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

why did you have to crush my dreams?

Just pick the right settings on a fight, plenty of skill appropriate pets. Get a couple of steel snowballs to toss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users