Quantcast

Photo

[Program] Purge List Checker & Pet Creator

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#76 Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Guest_Neopointmaker_*

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Is it safe to run the program all night at 1000 ms?

#77 Ninetales

Ninetales
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

I set a 'test' name in my list to see if it would run correctly, and it scans, but hasn't created the test pet yet. The name is still available so what am I doing wrong? I have the newest Python, my purge list is saved in the same folder, and I have entered everything in the program correctly. Help is very much appreciated.

#78 mazeneo

mazeneo
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

still working??

#79 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

I set a 'test' name in my list to see if it would run correctly, and it scans, but hasn't created the test pet yet. The name is still available so what am I doing wrong? I have the newest Python, my purge list is saved in the same folder, and I have entered everything in the program correctly. Help is very much appreciated.

The program cannot tell if you have been signed out. Make sure you aren't doing anything on your browser while trying to create the pet.

still working??

I used it last night to create some pets.

It works perfectly.

#80 mazeneo

mazeneo
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

nice thx, ill try...
and someone have a guide from purge lists???

#81 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

nice thx, ill try...
and someone have a guide from purge lists???

You are better off making one yourself.
Most people spend a good amount of time making theirs and they usually don't wanna share.

#82 Flapdragon

Flapdragon
  • 288 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

The program cannot tell if you have been signed out. Make sure you aren't doing anything on your browser while trying to create the pet.

I used it last night to create some pets.

It works perfectly.

For some reason, it seems to be able to create some pet species but not others for me?

Edited by Flapdragon, 28 October 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#83 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

From personal experience, creating an Aisha seems to work best with the program.

#84 Congo

Congo
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

i'm never successful creating the bigger, more common names even when i put no wait time ...
any tips to guarentee success with common names?

#85 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

any tips to guarentee success with common names?

No. For really common names, a lot of people are going to be after it. High chance that half of them are using the program as well. It's a lot of luck involved.

#86 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

For some reason, it seems to be able to create some pet species but not others for me?

Seems to have that problem.
I've created only shoyru's so...yeah.

#87 mazeneo

mazeneo
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

can this create grundos????

#88 Ninetales

Ninetales
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

I've had luck with Aishas as well. Not so much with Blumaroos.

#89 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

can this create grundos????

I don't believe so.
Grundo's cannot be created via the "Create a Pet" page.

#90 lol321

lol321
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

So I downloaded the notepad +++ and followed the ambrosia format (with just the petnames of course) and have it saved as txt in the same foler as the Purge Creator... Why won't it work for me?

Edited by lol321, 01 November 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#91 Illiorion

Illiorion
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

This is epic, haha xD WELL DONE!!

#92 Merlarva

Merlarva
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

Thank you very much :)

#93 dad

dad
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

You are a god among men.

#94 AngelicNeopets

AngelicNeopets
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:15 PM

i have a few questions...

1. can you create le pets like cybunnies?
2. can you choose what colour you want your pet to be or is it just the basic colours?
3. can you create uc pets?

#95 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

i have a few questions...

1. can you create le pets like cybunnies?
2. can you choose what colour you want your pet to be or is it just the basic colours?
3. can you create uc pets?

Uhm. No to all. It doesn't do anything that a human couldn't.

#96 AngelicNeopets

AngelicNeopets
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

Uhm. No to all. It doesn't do anything that a human couldn't.

so it can't do either of those things? i thought it would be able to create le pets...

#97 aidenX

aidenX
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

I'm sorry to brought up a 3 years old topic, but I'm curious what is this "purging" thing and how often does this happen? Is this still relevant on 2017? Thank you anyone who can explain!

#98 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:22 AM

I'm sorry to brought up a 3 years old topic, but I'm curious what is this "purging" thing and how often does this happen? Is this still relevant on 2017? Thank you anyone who can explain!

#1: what is this "purging" thing

When TNT decides to free up some room on the server, they delete some of the old, abandoned accounts. The users call this the purge. When an account is deleted, the account name and the names of the pets that were on the account are up for grabs. People use this to create wonderful pet and user names that weren't available before.

The purge is not an official site event; aside from the occasional email to inactive users ("Hey! Your account has been inactive and will be placed on the purge list if you don't log in") and brief mentions in the Editorial, TNT never acknowledges the purge at all. When it starts, there will be no news announcement, so the only way to know if the purge has begun is watching names. 

#2: how often does this happen

There have been four major site purges:

The first purge occurred some time from April to November 2004. There aren't many names left over from it anymore.

The second purge was very slow. It was active from around December 2006 to October 2007. Nobody knew how to track the purge at that time, or if they did, they kept it to themselves; the few people who knew about this purge simply refreshed on the pets' lookups, hoping to be around to recreate the name when it was deleted. As you can imagine, it was very frustrating, since your chances at your dream name depended entirely on your amount of free time and luck. Trading wasn't allowed at the time, either, so if you missed your name, you were done for (unless the name went UFA). Most of the RN/RW UCs we know and love came from this purge; you will notice that a lot of them were born in 2006 or 2007 (Y8 or Y9). RW UCs are such a rarity because people only had a few months to paint their new RWs before the conversion hit in April 2007.

The third purge was active from November 2010 to March 2011. This was the first purge to gain widespread attention among Neopians, and the first purge to be tracked with the marker system we have now. The first pet that came from Purge #3 was Wrestler, and Claire a bit later.

After that, two "hiccups" happened: one on March 12, 2012, during which the account "saddy" purged with the pets Grey, Sad, and Egg. The second hiccup was on October 5th, 2012. Only a few names purged, the first of which was Heartbreak. This purge covered some usernames beginning with A, stopped only a few hours after it began, and everyone thought the purge was over.

On October 8th, 2012, someone made a board telling the PC that the pet Hope had purged, and then it was known that the purge had restarted. This purge, Purge #4, lasted more than a month, purged many names through the entire alphabet and even through the never-before-purged underscores, and finally ground to a halt on November 12th.

#3: Is this still relevant on 2017?

Hard to say, with JS being as they are. The last time the purge was mentioned by TNT was in a May 2016 NT editorial:

Hello TNT!! c: I was wondering along with many other users, if there will be a pet name purge again anytime soon? We'd all love it if pet names on old abandoned accounts could be created again. ^w^ Thank you! ~ suchgo
Hi! Given the old data breach we learned about this week, we have started discussing beginning a new purge. Buuuuut, (come on, you knew there'd be a but), it will definitely take some time to even be ready to start running it (namely, making sure we identify and include any new places we store account info in our system to make sure the account is totally purged and identifying accounts to be purged, as there are some lengthy requirements involved.)

answers liberally plagiarised from http://www.neopets.com/~John

#99 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:55 AM

If you had to take a guess, when would you expect the purge to start up again?

#100 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:36 AM

If you had to take a guess, when would you expect the purge to start up again?

Honestly? Never.

JS are always saying they'll do things and not doing them. If it happens I would not expect it to happen anytime in the next two years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users