46 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

POPULAR POST!

New Program: Safety Deposit Box (SDB) Pricer - Beta

A new program has been added to our program manager -- a safety deposit box pricer! Curious to know how much the items in your SDB are worth? Figure it's way too tedious to copy and paste all those item names into the database, or the Trading Post? Well, this program loads up the items, queries our database for their market value, and gives you an itemized report (as well as the net worth). Also, you can move SDB items to your inventory by selecting them in the list, provided you have enough room in the inventory.

The program is currently in beta, so please let us know if there are any problems. I decided to take on a rather light project to start off, so we'll see if I move on to bigger and better things. :p

I plan on doing the following in the next couple days:
  • Right now it doesn't support items that are duplicate in our database, such as things like Lab Maps. The problem is that there's no support built into our new API for this quite yet. :/
  • For Advanced Members I will add the ability to export itemized reports in *.csv format so they can be viewed in Excel, or in *.txt form.
Right now it's only been tested using an empty SDB, and a 10-page-large SDB.

Posted Image

Bug Tracker

The Bug Tracker has been unusable for some time now because of a forum upgrade which was not backwards-compatible with the old tracker. However, an update was released for the Bug Tracker and it is now back! Unfortunately, all of the previous bugs we had logged have been erased, along with the projects. For now, we have added back categories for Abrosia and the new SDB Pricer.

Please report any problems with the new SDB pricer in the Bug Tracker. Thanks!

#2 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

I might actually use this xD
Thank you Slinky!

#3 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Yay :D Thanks!
Time to try it out on my disgustingly full SDBs :wub:

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP YAY FOR NEW PROGRAMS! :p

Good work mate, will definitely be putting this to good use. I'll try to break it as much as possible too just to iron out any extra bugs there may be ;)

#5 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

That's amazing Shadow! Thank you!

Will be sure to try this out as soon as possible. :)

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

For those of you who run into an issue once you've started pricing the SDB, it can be due to the items not being in our Item DB, so the only thing you can do (at this stage until Slink finds a way around it) is to remove them from your SDB. (Items I've personally had issues with are things from the Daily Dare Y14 and certain no trade/neocash things). So don't panic or go making bug reports about the same issues, as they will have already been looked into (unless you get one that is different from the ones already in the bug tracker (found here)

#7 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

That sounds awesome!!!
I'll try it later today! Can't wait for it :D

#8 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Slinky!! You so clevarrrr!

Thank you, this will help alot of (lazy) people I'm sure :D

Yay for codex!

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

For those of you who run into an issue once you've started pricing the SDB, it can be due to the items not being in our Item DB, so the only thing you can do (at this stage until Slink finds a way around it) is to remove them from your SDB.

It would be good if, for items not already in the database, the program could search the shop wizard x times to get the price and also send the information for that item to the itemdb for processing for the future. Could be a good way to get some of the newer items populated in the database. :)

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

It would be good if, for items not already in the database, the program could search the shop wizard x times to get the price and also send the information for that item to the itemdb for processing for the future. Could be a good way to get some of the newer items populated in the database. :)

I feel like it might be even smarter to off load this to the server.

Create a neocodex neopets account, load it up into the api. When items that are not in the database are requested, add it to the que. Search the shopwizard for the items in the que and then add them to the database on a schedule. That way you get maximum speed from the program, while still added in prices to the database as we need them.

#11 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

Great job Slinky!

I'll be using this a LOT.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

I feel like it might be even smarter to off load this to the server.

Create a neocodex neopets account, load it up into the api. When items that are not in the database are requested, add it to the que. Search the shopwizard for the items in the que and then add them to the database on a schedule. That way you get maximum speed from the program, while still added in prices to the database as we need them.

When they are added to the database they would be added to the regular pricing queue anyway so there's no need to price them server side. If we started pricing them server side we'd get into issues regarding shop wizard bans, freezings etc which can otherwise be avoided with no negative impact on performance.

#13 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Huzzah!

#14 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

When they are added to the database they would be added to the regular pricing queue anyway

Our regular pricing queue is a random selection of items from our DB, so perhaps I should make it so that it will search for items that we know don't exist also. :p

#15 Fireball

Fireball
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

I ran it on 30+ page SDB and it worked like a charm. ^_^
A list of items that wouldn't work:
Spoiler

They're all event or daily items.

#16 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Thanks. I was needing one a little while ago. Glad we have one now.

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

ur welcum tristen bb, it ws all 4 u

#18 kittenparty

kittenparty
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Ahhh! This is awesome!! Thanks~ :funone2:

#19 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Started it and got this error:
Spoiler

Took out my map pieces, ran it again and worked beautifully. Unfortunately, my highest valued item is only worth 8K :( Nonetheless, a good program :)

#20 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Tried thrice on a 50+ page sdb, worked fine till querying when it either stopped responding/ gave an unhandled exception error.

#21 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Tried thrice on a 50+ page sdb, worked fine till querying when it either stopped responding/ gave an unhandled exception error.

Be sure to check the bug tracker and check to see if anyone else has had the same issue (which they have) for the solution to your issue ;)

#22 teapacks

teapacks
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

I removed all maps, all non-trade items I could think of, and still get an error... how do I know what item causes this? I removed like 300 items from my sdb already... I have over 3000 items still in my SDB

#23 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

Its always the item last on the list that it gets to before malfunctioning. So go to the bottom of the list on the pricer and read what item it is, then remove that item.

#24 teapacks

teapacks
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

I don't see any items in the pricer... stuck on "Querying Neocodex database for prices..."

#25 Deathscythe

Deathscythe
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

This is awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users