• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

Neocodex has tried for a very long time to have recurring contests on its forums. We've felt that contests bring excitement into the community and also offer members a chance to win some cool stuff :). However, we've never been able to get the contests done quite right. We had a contest back in the middle of February for a pair of nice headphones. However, ever since then, we haven't had one. We forgot we even were doing that :(. That's no good :p.

Today, we're introducing a new system to hold contests on Neocodex: The Raffle System. The raffle system allows Neocodex to set up automatic contests and select winners automatically too. The system is pretty flexible and we plan use it to allow for a lot more contests on Neocodex than we have done in the past. Hopefully, with this new raffle system, we will be able to hold a lot more giveaways for a lot of cool stuff in the future. It's going to come in handy during Christmas time ;).

In the spirit of Halloween, we're going to get things started with two raffles. If you navigate to the raffle system right now, you'll see one raffle for a 1000 Neocash card and another raffle for one month of advanced membership. We're giving these two items away to two lucky people :).

The different types of raffles
As you can see, there are two types of raffles: paid and unpaid. For the neocash card, if you want to be in the running, you must purchase a raffle ticket. Tickets can cost different amounts, but most of the time they will cost $1. We're also looking into free entrances for Advanced members in the future :). The advanced membership raffle is free to enter :).

Raffle entry restrictions
Some raffles are restricted to certain groups to enter. For example, the 1000 neocash raffle can be entered by the Member, Advanced Member, and Advanced Memeber+ groups. The one month advanced membership raffle can be entered by only the Member group. The raffle system should tell you whether you can or cannot participate for any given raffle. Neocodex staff members will never be able to enter raffles. Sorry staff :p.

Raffle frequency
We're going to try to have a raffle every week giving away something or the other. The current two raffles are set to expire on November 9th, 2012 (next Friday) at 12 am UTC (5 PM PST) so make sure to get your entries in :). I'll be posting about new raffles whenever they are set up.

Winner selection
Winners are selected at random from the pool of entrants in the raffle.

We hope you enjoy this new raffle system. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to send us a PM on the site or an email at [email protected]. We read every single message you send us and will do our best to respond in a timely manner :).

#2 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

This is awesome! -high five-

Bought a ticket ;D

Definitely look forward to these. I would really like to see participation on Codex increase.
Seems as of lately that it's been rather lagging...

Edited by Gorix, 31 October 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Boo I can't enter, what if I suddenly want to play Neopets again and feel the need to dress my pets up?

#4 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Boo I can't enter, what if I suddenly want to play Neopets again and feel the need to dress my pets up?

Actually, retired members should be able to enter -- that was a mistake in my setup of the raffle. It's fixed now :).

#5 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Actually, retired members should be able to enter -- that was a mistake in my setup of the raffle. It's fixed now :).

The system works!

#6 Orbit

Orbit
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Awesome. Great idea :)

#7 Natsu

Natsu
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Great idea, lets see how well it turns out ;o!

#8 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

If I could purchase a $1.00 raffle with neopoints then I would totally enter that one too.

Sounds like an awesome idea and hopefully it sticks around!

#9 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for this! Will the future contests require us to submit some sort of entry, or will it be raffles all the way?

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for this! Will the future contests require us to submit some sort of entry, or will it be raffles all the way?

We're going to try to keep things as simple as possible. Except for special events, they will remain this way :).

If I could purchase a $1.00 raffle with neopoints then I would totally enter that one too.

Sounds like an awesome idea and hopefully it sticks around!

You can have Steve convert Neopoints into store credit that you can use. Check the right side of the store page for more information.

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

OH COME ON

I want a demotion

:)

#12 mazeneo

mazeneo
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Nice :)

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

The odds are looking good for Gorix to win the 1000 Neocash Card so far. xD

#14 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

So many smiley faces in one post :unsure: :wub: :unsure: :( :angry :( :unsure: :unsure: :ohwell: :funone2: :lol2: :S :mellow: :ph34r:

#15 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

The odds are looking good for Gorix to win the 1000 Neocash Card so far. xD

w00t w00t! :nana: :nana: :nana:

#16 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Great idea. I may buy a ticket when I get back to playing neopets.

#17 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Great idea. I may buy a ticket when I get back to playing neopets.

Posted Image

NO! MY NC CARD :fyou:

#18 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Posted Image

NO! MY NC CARD :fyou:

Looks like you've got competition now :p.

#19 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Very cool. I'll hopefully participate in these eventually. :)

#20 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

You can promote me to staff now as I don't intend to enter in any raffles, ever

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

You can promote me to staff now as I don't intend to enter in any raffles, ever

That was one of the criteria to get in staff

#22 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Looks like you've got competition now :p.

Hmmm, time to kill me some PuzzleWarrior :reaper:

#23 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

I just saw it and I think it's a fantastic idea! I signed up for the advanced member one, but then I thought someone else might benefit from it more than me since I don't use the program manager, so I withdrew my entry... I'd be interested in raffles for stamps or nice nc items tho :p

Edited by Hydrange, 03 November 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#24 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

I just saw it and I think it's a fantastic idea! I signed up for the advanced member one, but then I thought someone else might benefit from it more than me since I don't use the program manager, so I withdrew my entry... I'd be interested in raffles for stamps or nice nc items tho :p

Now there's an idea! Let's do that at some point :D.

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

The problem is that sending expensive items to other accounts tends to raise some pretty big red flags. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users