• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Neocodex admins have been hearing from a lot of members who wish they could purchase advanced membership or neocash cards but either don't have the funds to do so or don't have any way to make payments online. We want to be able to cater to these types of users as well so we have been looking for a solution for quite some time.

Today, Neocodex is introducing a new system that will allow users to complete surveys and offers in exchange for real cash. The system is live and you can use it right now. Neocodex members receive 100% of the proceeds since Neocodex itself doesn't take a cut. What you do with that money from then on is up to you :p. You can spend it on advanced membership or neocash cards or any other product that Neocodex offers now or in the future.

Here's a bit more on how everything works:

How do I access it?
Visit the store page and click on the link entitled "Surveys for store credit" -- You can see where the link is located in the following picture:

Posted Image

How does it work?
This system is very similar to other survey sites like swagbucks, for example. Once you fill out a survey or complete an offer, Neocodex gets told that you did so. The survey or offer pays you in Codex Credits (100 Codex Credits equals $1 USD). We immediately convert those Codex Credits into USD for you so that you don't have to go through the trouble. The USD is then applied to your store credit in the Neocodex store. At this point, you can purchase something within the Neocodex store without having to actually provide a credit card number or paypal account. The transaction is completed with the store credit you have already earned.

Is there a limit to how many offers I can complete?
So long as you qualify for each offer or survey that you do, you may complete as many as you want :). There may be some age restrictions (you may not be able to participate in some if you're under the age of 18).

Is it really free?
Yes :). You have to complete some offers or surveys first to earn the store credit, but once that is done, you may purchase products from our store with that store credit without having to use paypal or credit card.

Do I have to do this in order to purchase items from the store?
No, it's completely optional. You can still use Paypal and credit cards directly. This method is just for those people who might want these things for free :p. If you don't want to participate in this, you don't have to :).

So, if you're ready, you can try it now :).

Note: I coded this entire system up in a few hours. There may be bugs :ninja:. I tested things pretty well (I think), but you never know :p. We're also thinking of packaging this feature up and re-selling it so if you guys would like it on your own forums, let me know :).

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us by PM or by email at [email protected]. You may also post your questions here in this thread and we'll be happy to answer them for you :).

#2 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Sweet!

I already do other surveys, so hearing that Neocodex is adding this to the mix is actually really nice.
Thanks for the oppurtunity!

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Staff exemption? :p

#4 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Staff exemption? :p

Of course :p. Sorry mate :p. I'll go and add that up there :p.

Edit: actually, I'm not sure if this requires a staff exemption. I say go for it :p.

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Not bad Hydrogen!

Great Job staff!! ^__^

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Okay, I am seriously impressed with this system. I was just messing around for like 10 minutes answering some surveys and playing random games that they told me to play. I earned $2.11 in those 10 minutes. Holy shit O_o.

I was actually in bed already checking my PMs when I saw the notifications. I thought that it couldn't be right and that there was a HUGE bug in the system so I lept out of bed to sign back on and figure out wtf was going on. But it all checked out. It's legit :o. Each notification had a unique transaction id and came from the IP address of the offer completion notification server.

Wow.

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

I've made about 3 bucks in approx half an hour lol

I usually hate doing surveys etc but since its for Codex, i'm willing to give it a go and it seems to pay off ok :)

Cheers for the opportunity guys :p

#8 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

How do you figure out how many credits you have? Did a server, doubt I got anything from it.

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

How do you figure out how many credits you have? Did a server, doubt I got anything from it.

Just keep a record of which one you did and how many Codex Credits it would be worth and tally it up like that. Then you SHOULD get an automated message from Pyro telling you that you've successfully completed an offer etc for x amount of codex credits/USD.

#10 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Yay! Another way for me to get NC cards! I spend far too much of my wages on them as is...

Thank you guys! I'm so impressed with the way this forum is going, so many advances in such a short time, thank you.

#11 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Thank you guys! I'm so impressed with the way this forum is going, so many advances in such a short time, thank you.

I second this. Good work ^_^

#12 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Is it possible to gift credits? I only completed a quick survey to test the system, and have no real need for them.

#13 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

do I have to disable adblock?

#14 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

do I have to disable adblock?

I didn't :p

#15 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

EDIT: I tried many surveys but none are available in India :( Managed to play that FB game though, though that's pending too. :p

EDIT 2: Congratulations!

You recently completed an offer from within our store. That offer completion has been converted into real cash! Here are the details:

New cash earned: $0.16 USD

but I still can't access the actual surveys (the question ones :( )

Edited by grapes, 05 November 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#16 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

Is it possible to gift credits? I only completed a quick survey to test the system, and have no real need for them.

I think you could probably buy a gift card and then send it to somebody:

http://www.neocodex..../gift-vouchers/

EDIT: I tried many surveys but none are available in India :( Managed to play that FB game though, though that's pending too. :p

EDIT 2: Congratulations!

You recently completed an offer from within our store. That offer completion has been converted into real cash! Here are the details:

New cash earned: $0.16 USD

but I still can't access the actual surveys (the question ones :( )

I think the surveys are largely aimed at markets like Europe and the US because companies are essentially paying the survey company for that data and data in those markets tends to be more valuable (because Europeans and Americans spend a lot of money on shit). :/ There isn't really anything we can do about that, unfortunately.

#17 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Yea that works. Here's a $1.96 redemption code to whoever wants it: 3855X20646X4IT38TPEGZ

#18 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

OK I tried some surveys, earnt some "cash" but now i have cash available on the survey site, and not in my codex balance?

I have:

"Current Balance £4.25 ($6.80 USD)
Earn £9.02 more and you will be eligible to redeem your account balance for one of the rewards below or donate to one of many charities! "

This is from the "USamp" Link and on the "Surveyhead" website...

#19 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

I think the surveys are largely aimed at markets like Europe and the US because companies are essentially paying the survey company for that data and data in those markets tends to be more valuable (because Europeans and Americans spend a lot of money on shit). :/ There isn't really anything we can do about that, unfortunately.

I know... :( buy gj anyways :)

#20 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Sounds awesome!

I did a few of the facebook ones, and a survey a few minutes ago, but no PM though..could it be because I used a different email address to the one I use for codex? :/

#21 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Nah they will come through. Most of them tend to have about a 15 minute delay in crediting your account ;) You'll get it eventually :)

#22 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

I go to the page and it has the intro text explaining it and nothing else...

#23 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Brilliant use of affiliate marketing.

#24 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sounds awesome!

I did a few of the facebook ones, and a survey a few minutes ago, but no PM though..could it be because I used a different email address to the one I use for codex? :/

I've heard this from some of the other members as well. The way this all works is that the survey processor informs us of a offer/survey completion by hitting a special url on our server. If the survey processor doesn't do this, we will never know that you completed the survey or offer :(. That might be one of the reasons why you didn't get the store credit like you were supposed to :(. I'm really sorry about that :(.

#25 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

STOP ENABLING MY ADDICTION.

Srsly though this is awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users