• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

POPULAR POST!

I would like to introduce the beta release of a new service we have developed for Advanced Members, Neocodex RemoteControl. RemoteControl is a web interface which lets you control your running programs from away from home. It was created to address the increased popularity and demand for smartphones to play a part in bot development, and the increased popularity of private servers.
  • Forgot your autobuyer on at home? If you remembered to turn RemoteControl on, you could easily turn it off.
  • Have your autobuyer running on a private server, but figure it's a pain to log into the server to change some basic things? Just have RemoteControl on.
To enable it, just click Edit > RemoteControl in the Program Manager and then follow the instructions on the popup that comes after:

Posted Image

The web interface available at https://www.neocodex.us/remote/ (also accessible under Products > RemoteControl on the front page, or Neopets > RemoteControl on the forums), is easily usable on a newer smartphone browser or a PC:

Posted Image

Posted Image

At this point in time, only one RemoteControl connection is supported. We have plans to expand the web interface so that you can control multiple instances of the Program Manager, but nothing is set in stone yet. The only RemoteControl-enabled application at the moment is Abrosia. However, as demand increases, we will extend this feature to our other programs. Hope you enjoy!

-------------

Because this is a beta, we will still be doing testing and the RemoteControl network could be taken offline without any notice to fix critical issues. We apologize for this downtime in advance, and hope to provide a stable service in the near future!

#2 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

That is awesome! Might bring me back into using programs.

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Just to pre-empt some probable future posts, if anybody gets a '404 - Not Found' message you need to include the / on the end of the link. ;)

#4 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Very cool development!! :)

Out of curiosity, why is the future development focused on controlling multiple instances of the Program Manager, instead of multi-threading the Program Manager allowing us to use multiple accounts within one program?

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Out of curiosity, why is the future development focused on controlling multiple instances of the Program Manager, instead of multi-threading the Program Manager allowing us to use multiple accounts within one program?

I believe that's just because at the moment we don't have the latter functionality but we do already have the functionality for people to be using multiple instances. If a future version of the Program Manager were to support multi-accounts within the one instance then the remote would be updated to reflect that too.

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Very cool development!! :)

Good question. I think the use of multiple accounts in the Program Manager will become a possibility in the future, but the multi-threaded aspect of it will only be available in certain programs (for instance, a program like Dice-a-Roo will let you select between different accounts but it won't make use of multithreading -- Abrosia on the other hand would let you select different accounts, but would have some multithreading features in it that made use of multiple accounts at the same time).

People also want to associate their accounts with different IP addresses, and so we'd need to expand the Web Settings interface to allow for people to configure proxies for every account they have. For now, it's easier for people to just launch separate instances of the program as we're stuck with some limitations that we programmed into our Program Manager. :/

(Waser's answer is also good. :p)

#7 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

I didn't expect it to be browser based... the most obvious route is sometimes the one I'm most oblivious too. I'm going to love this.

We need remote item management too.

Edited by kittycat, 27 December 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

I didn't expect it to be browser based... the most obvious route is sometimes the one I'm most oblivious too. I'm going to love this.

Making it browser-based has the benefit of being the best way to make it cross-platform as opposed to having to develop individual native apps for iOS, Android etc. It would have taken much longer otherwise. :p

#9 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

We need remote item management too.

Yeah, that would be nice. You mean being able to put Abrosia into Item Management mode?

I haven't been able to put all of Abrosia's feature set into the web interface yet. It's really time consuming to have every feature changeable, so I was just hoping to see what people wanted extra in there and I could just put what is in demand. :p

Making it browser-based has the benefit of being the best way to make it cross-platform as opposed to having to develop individual native apps for iOS, Android etc. It would have taken much longer otherwise. :p

There are so many types of smartphones out there, and mobile browsing has evolved to the point where a specific app for this didn't quite make sense. HTML 5 does the job quite well. :D Also, people may want to control the programs from another remote PC.

#10 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yes, that is what I mean, and well that is one of my favorite features of Abrosia, to be able to force item management, but I mean a remote control NeonAP would be good too, lol.

#11 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

How I wish my computer was able to run the program manager. My other one could, but my moms Mac is much too old (10.4.11 iOS)
Well, when I find a way to run the program manager, I'll be sure to use this.
For now, good job with everything you've done, and thank you!

(My iPad can see the link to the web page as its on iOS6, and it does work on my ipad (even though it says i don't have it currently enabled, which is correct, so it basically works. but as its an iPad, I can't actually run the program manager, or download it.)

Edited by Satsuki, 27 December 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#12 kittenparty

kittenparty
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thanks so much to all that worked on this! I think it's going to be such a cool feature.

Also, Waser, eff you for your little bug gif in your sig! I keep batting it away, and so does my cat! ;)

#13 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

I remember you talking about this years ago Slinky, glad to see you finally managed to Implement it :)

#14 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

If anyone tried this out on Mac OS X, they would have noticed some crashing when the "Enable RemoteControl" option was checked. Turns out, it worked great on Windows, and not so much on Mac. However, this has now been fixed and Mac OS X users should now be able to use RemoteControl with no issues. :p

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Macs smell.

#16 MrBenn

MrBenn
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Wow this looks awesome! I usually leave it running when I go to work so could be handy, will test it later.

#17 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Doesn't seem to work in Firefox/Iceweasel. Tried it on my mobile too and realized my browser was also Firefox xD
Works fine on the Android standard browser it seems. Love how you can show the Program Log but the textbox doesn't seem to resize properly.

#18 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

What a great idea! Maybe I will need this one day.

#19 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Seeing as how you can control settings remotely now, are there any plans to release a non-gui Program Manager? Would be great to whack it on a couple of Linux machines. Who runs Windows servers, tsk.

#20 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Just now saw this...kick ass! Will help me quite a bit now that I don't have to RDP to 8 million different things.

#21 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Seeing as how you can control settings remotely now, are there any plans to release a non-gui Program Manager? Would be great to whack it on a couple of Linux machines. Who runs Windows servers, tsk.

Would there be much demand for that?

#22 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Would there be much demand for that?

I would love that :D

#23 Kuragehime

Kuragehime
  • 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

Ooh I love it so far!! One question, under the program log, does the "view contents" bit work yet? It's not showing anything for me and my iPhone.

Other than that, I'd love to be able to get multi-account controls and item management :D

#24 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

The connection seems to time out a lot. So if I need to leave programs running at home, I'm trying out Teamviewer for now.

#25 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

That's great! Hope be Adv.Member soon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users