[Guide] How to Earn a Decent NP Income Legitimately

legit legitimate neopoints np

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

While Neocodex is generally known as a cheating community, there are many legitimate members who utilize the site's various resources as well. My goal is to enlighten those who choose to not take advantage of the system with several rule-abiding (but still lucrative) methods to building up a sumptuous bank account.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Habitarium
If your computer can handle it, this is a wonderful minimal effort way to earn NP when you have better things to do. All you have to do is start one up, leave it running all day long and maintain it regularily. I've found the most efficient way to keep my Habitarium running smoothly is to do the following...
  • Have five permanent level 3 storages (i keep them painted to tell them apart), so as to always have ample resources for purchases, and ten replacable level 3 storages which are changed out once they reach capacity.
  • Keep 10 max level nests with a total of 5 nesters - once they produce a mature egg, simply move them over to the empty nests and collect the eggs.
  • Keep one barracks which will house 5 soldiers.
  • Keep six max level houses which will shelter 35 workers (and on rare occasion tired nesters). I usually attend to other matters like check my e-mail while I wait for my soldiers and workers to sleep and heal and what not.
If you're a busy person like myself, check it in the morning and once again when you come home, or of course whenever your schedule allows you. Just remember to never exit the browser with a full board of purple gems, otherwise you risk getting locked out (you won't be able to play the game until you reset your Habitarium, which can be a very annoying task) and make sure to close down your Habitarium to prepare for any scheduled computer matinence.

If you need any further asistance in setting up a Habitarium, Mishatu has a posted wonderful guide located here:
http://www.neocodex...._hl__habitarium

Key Quest
If you have the time and patience for this game, it can quickly becombe a wonderful source for both items and NP. Personally, I like to save any codestones I win for training and sell everything else. If you're lucky with prizes, you could potentially earn several million NP every few weeks, or perhaps even a shorter span of time. If you're interested in becoming a sucessful Key Quester, please consider the following points...
  • Of course, as with most online games, a good connection and system specs will help you out IMMENSLEY. Whoever has the better connection/computer combo has the greater advantage in mini games - if you win, you have your pick of either three random powerups or any key you'd like.
  • This game is all about strategy, chance, and predictions. For every single turn, consider what path and/or powerups would be most advantageous, or otherwise disadvantageous to your opponent. If towards the end of the game you find yourself compromised, take some chances - who knows, you may just get lucky and turn the odds in your favor.
  • To avoid quitters, seek out other users to play with on the NeoBoards, or even here on the forums. There are usually plenty of people willing to play on the KQ boards, and if you have Premium, the Charter boards.
Reselling
Trading Post
Once again, this method requires a certain degree of patience and tolerance. Most of the time, dealing with other users can be downright obnoxious. If you choose to take this path, prepare yourself. My best advice is to be as polite as possible, and if you get a snobby reply, ignore it. You can either browse through the newest trades, or utilize the search function. Keep another tab open so as to check current selling prices, and with those in mind, bid away. Be sure to leave yourself room for profit and any potential deflation! Also, unless if you like a challenge, stay away from HTS. Nerkmids, Paintbrushes, and certain Morphing Potions are usually always a good choice.

Auction Sniping
This method requires a decent connection, quick thinking and a keen eye. Keep current on prices (if you're quick enough, keep another tab open so you can do some research) and pick out any autions you can make a decent profit on. Keep two tabs open, both at the auction house - when you find an auction you like, go ahead and click on it. On the other tab, moniter that auction until it's about the fourth or fifth auction on the list. Go back to the tab with the auction pulled up, refresh, and bid away!!! If you find yourself amongst competition, try bidding a few thousand NPs above the bid increment. Once again, I advise to keep away from HTS, unless if you're up for the challenge...

Shop Wizard Sniping
This method is a little more relaxed than the previous two - simply search through the Shop Wizard for whatever items you wish until you find one that is severely mispriced. Be quick to purchase, because you never know if someone else is searching for the same item, or if the seller realizes their mistake. If you have Premium, the Super Shop Wizard makes this method a piece of cake.

Stock Market
This method is by far the easiest of all, and requires little to no effort. Prepare to invest at least 15,000 NPs per day. All you have to do is click "Find Stocks", click "Click to List" (under "Ticker Symbol") purchase 1,000 shares of any stock worth 15NP/share, and wait. After a while (this could take weeks or even months) your stocks will increase substantially in value. I reccommend waiting to sell until 60NP/share, but of course you could sell lower, or if you're really daring, much higher.

_________________________________________________________________________________

If you're adament about earning a legitimate income, the methods listed above combined will earn you a handsome several million NPs per month. Of course you can pick and choose as well which will also bring in a substantial income, which eventually adds up nicely. Don't forget to do your dailies, and play your favorite high-ratio games as well! Legitimate or not, I wish all of you the best in traversing the road to riches! :)

Edited by Jabberwock, 01 January 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#2 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for the guide. You basically got all the legitamite ones. I think the best are auction sniping. I have made nearly 600k yesterday auction sniping. Thanks again.

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

You should add in the Food Club to this.

I've wrote a guide and there are several others here on the codex for it.

Click the link to the Neocodex Guide Directory and you can find all that in there. (The link is in my signature)

#4 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Thanks for the guide. You basically got all the legitamite ones. I think the best are auction sniping. I have made nearly 600k yesterday auction sniping. Thanks again.

No problem ^__^ Do you do it legitimately or do you use a script or any other sort of auto bidder? I would go there more often but the anticipation drives me nuts.

You should add in the Food Club to this.

I've wrote a guide and there are several others here on the codex for it.

Click the link to the Neocodex Guide Directory and you can find all that in there. (The link is in my signature)

I was actually going to include the Food Club, along with a link to your guide as soon as I did some more reasearch. :)
I've only placed a handful of bets and honestly I don't really remember how the damn game works.....lol. Thanks for the link ^__^

#5 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

No worries.

#6 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Just a few points I wanted to add.

Food club is only viable for older accounts.

Also, it's tough to recommend reselling nowadays because of the shrinking community. It was far more lucrative a few years ago.

Nice guide.

#7 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Just a few points I wanted to add.

Food club is only viable for older accounts.

Also, it's tough to recommend reselling nowadays because of the shrinking community. It was far more lucrative a few years ago.

Nice guide.

Of course. However, I've found there are still plenty of impatient players who are willing to sell of their merchandise at a considerable discount. You just need to be persistent.

& thank you :)

Edited by Jabberwock, 02 January 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#8 CoROmni

CoROmni
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

This guide actually helps me out a lot thank you :D
I play Neopets on and off, but never really got in to the economic aspect of it. It was usually just more of a way to pass time than to really go in and be serious about the game. But now I have some interest in making some Neopoints but don't feel ready to start "cheating" so this guide is definitely very helpful. :D

Edited by CoRMythe, 10 January 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#9 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

You know, I never actually thought of leaving my Habitarium open! Gah! Thanks so much for this guide!!! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legit, legitimate, neopoints, np

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users