3 replies to this topic

#1 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Creating an Old Poster

This is school project I had done for my school project. I never really thought of creating a guide but I thought this could help people and plus I felt like I should be more active especially in the graphics since I love doing graphics.

Step 1: Find a Image of Old Paper

Simple as it sounds. Go on Google and find an image of old paper. I used this one.

Spoiler

Step 2: Find a Background

Like the first step go on Google and find a background. If you are using the paper I put above I would recommend are darker background so it will stand out more. This is he one I used.

Spoiler

Step 3 (Optional): Rotate

You don't have to do this step. It can be straight or rotated. Your choice.

Step 4: Adding Tape

A piece of paper is not going to stay up without tape! I used these brushes: http://www.fuzzimo.c...res-ps-brushes/
Choose the old sticky tape Photoshop Brushes.

Once you have the brushes installed paste it into the project and bring it to the middle of the paper and center it half on the wood and half on the paper. Next bring the fill down to about 85 but whatever works for you is fine. You should now have the result of this.

Spoiler

Step 5: Adding Text

Now it is time to add some text. At this point it become more to you. You decide what font would go with what you are doing and how the text is laid out along you project. Since this could be like an old wanted poster you may want to go with some western fonts which you can find here: http://www.dafont.co...eme.php?cat=106

Secondly you will want you font to have the same feeling as the paper and the same color as the paper so I would recommend using white for the text color and 70% fill. If you want some text to stand out some more raise it to 75% or 80% fill.

Step 6: Adding Pictures

Pictures are basically the same as text using 70% fill. If you have a stain like in mine with the bottom right picture (see image below) lightly erase using the eraser tool and using a 0% hardness brush.

Now you are done! This is my final result.

Spoiler

#2 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Thanks! :)

#3 Gintoki

Gintoki
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

THANKS

#4 Neon

Neon
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

If you included a better way to blend the text with the poster background, I feel that the tutorial would be better.

For now, it seems that the text instantly jumps out as out of place. 

Thanks for the tut!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users