• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

I found this guide very helpful!

#78 MagicMoose

MagicMoose
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

I quit AB'ing (Even though I only did for like a month  :rolleyes:), eventually Im going to go through the bother of setting up like 10 instances  :lol2:

But yeah.. I ran mine in stamps / Plushie Palace for ~45 minutes a day with fast refresh rates and I was getting ~2m a day, got a few HTS plushies, but vast majority was ETS stamps. 

#79 darkharp

darkharp
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

good guide, will keep this in mind so i dont get banned like b4.

#80 Mikage

Mikage
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Something else to keep in mind, try to restock in various shops, not just spending hours in your three favorite shops, as this is unrealistic.

Stop the Auto Buyer for awhile and adjust your settings, as this makes your restocking look far more legit and is harder to keep track of.

Also, do not try to sell your items right away, let them rot. This is especially true if you happen to get a high end item and folks are talking about it on the boards and waiting to see who comes up with it for sale.

As a matter of fact, I am convinced that the best method is to just hold all your items for 6+ months and hoard them in your SDB and then sell them off slowly. If you need to keep pure for ABing, you can always score send or if you do not want to bother with that, you can just sell a few quick sale items like medicinal cures or quest items without any kind of hassle to keep your pure on hand fluid.

One last thing I would mention, clear your sales history and event log and make sure you chat on the boards and play legit for even a little while. Do not fail to remember the little things.

Edited by Mikage, 03 February 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#81 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

Something else to keep in mind, try to restock in various shops, not just spending hours in your three favorite shops, as this is unrealistic.

This is not the case.

#82 Mikage

Mikage
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

This is not the case.

I've found it to be true from my own experience, but mileage may vary.

I also avoid several shops as I feel that you are more likely to be banned if you restock there, namely main food, battle magic and stamps. Because of the high end items there, I could swear up and down that those shops increase your ban rate.

I prefer the off beat shops, like furniture, garden, healthy food etc., because fewer people AB there and if you land one really good R99 item in any of them, you can make quite a pretty penny from collectors.

Not as quick and flashy as the more popular shops, but I'm patient.

#83 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

I've found it to be true from my own experience, but mileage may vary.

A sample size of one is not a sample of any worth.

The fact is that hitting high profit items across a wide variety of shops is much less likely as a legitimate player. Actual restockers will focus on one to three shops at a time, because memorising the profitable items in a greater range of shops is pretty difficult.

#84 Mikage

Mikage
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

A sample size of one is not a sample of any worth.

The fact is that hitting high profit items across a wide variety of shops is much less likely as a legitimate player. Actual restockers will focus on one to three shops at a time, because memorising the profitable items in a greater range of shops is pretty difficult.

What player, regardless of skill level, would not take the time to memorize every profitable item in a variety of shops? Maybe it is just the old legit player I was for many years, but I went through a dedicated effort to make sure that I not only kept tabs on the profitable items, but rechecked the non-profitable items to make sure their status hadn't changed for whatever reason.

#85 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

What player, regardless of skill level, would not take the time to memorize every profitable item in a variety of shops? Maybe it is just the old legit player I was for many years, but I went through a dedicated effort to make sure that I not only kept tabs on the profitable items, but rechecked the non-profitable items to make sure their status hadn't changed for whatever reason.

Well, I'm sure everyone is impressed by your prodigious memory. But learning every profitable item in more than three or four shops is very hard (excluding shops, say, with a small stock range, like Coin). That's just how it is.

#86 Mikage

Mikage
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Well, I'm sure everyone is impressed by your prodigious memory. But learning every profitable item in more than three or four shops is very hard (excluding shops, say, with a small stock range, like Coin). That's just how it is.

Yes, but if you do not come off as a dedicated player, AKA someone who has put in the effort to learn, then what else is TNT to think?

#87 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

Yes, but if you do not come off as a dedicated player, AKA someone who has put in the effort to learn, then what else is TNT to think?

Probably nothing, as limiting your restocking so is unlikely to raise account flags.

#88 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

You know somethings wrong with you when you've read through an entire FAQ and have no idea what a proxy is and if I need to use one....

Ce'st La Vie! :( :p

#89 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

You know somethings wrong with you when you've read through an entire FAQ and have no idea what a proxy is and if I need to use one....

Ce'st La Vie! :( :p

Are you going to be using more than one account to cheat with? If not, then no, you really don't need a proxy. A proxy is something that hides your IP (or internet address). People use them to separate shell accounts from mains (and accounts they don't want to lose), that way if the shell is frozen for cheating, since it's on a different IP, the main/other account won't get chain frozen. 

#90 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Oh okay, that's a little clearer - Thanks!

Just one thing, what do you mean by shell accounts? Ones disconnected from your main that does all the 'dirty work'?

#91 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Oh okay, that's a little clearer - Thanks!

Just one thing, what do you mean by shell accounts? Ones disconnected from your main that does all the 'dirty work'?

A shell account is another account that's used to funnel money to the main account, or help in other ways. I use mine when events come up to get double the things they give out. So you're pretty much correct.

#92 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Does your shell ac act as a side or is it a completely different email address. I know they can see your sides are attached to your main through the same email address, so I'm assuming it's good to have an unattached ac. Is that right?

#93 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

May I ask, what sort of common things do you guys use to be 'careful'. Obviously there is a certain risk involved regardless, but what are your general ones? Not asking anything too specific, just some tips. I've read the guides but would love to know what someone experienced prefers to do :D

#94 Kau

Kau
  • 261 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Proxies, Time spent, item transfer and profit/item margins are big concepts when autobuying

Proxies: People often use proxies on their shell accounts to autobuy, so if they are frozen not much is lost, and there are no links to the main account

Time Spent: this incorporates a few things - Breaks after big purchase, refresh times and buy times are very important. If you are refreshing A LOT very quickly, you risk an icing. If your buy times are impossible, quick ice. My buying speeds are around 2s/buy and I can get morphing potions.

Profit margins: DO NOT ALWAYS GO FOR UB items. Try for low profit buyables too to look less suspicious.

If you have further q's, mail me @Levitate

#95 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

When abouts should I start going for UBs? After a month?

#96 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:30 AM

When abouts should I start going for UBs? After a month?

Whenever you feel like it, I got a 900k item on my first day of abing and nothing happened to that.

#97 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

Oh wow! How long did it take you to snag that? Which Shop? Did you resell it?

Sew manny kwesyunnns!! O.o

#98 lmba93

lmba93
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Amazing!!! thank you so much!

#99 freesia

freesia
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

So is a proxy necessary? I remember using this program a year or 2 ago and I didn't use a proxy then, never got caught either. But then I never went overboard and only AB'ed for like 3-4 hours with decent times. 

#100 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

So is a proxy necessary? I remember using this program a year or 2 ago and I didn't use a proxy then, never got caught either. But then I never went overboard and only AB'ed for like 3-4 hours with decent times. 

Just curious, how did you use this program a year or two ago, when you only signed up around half an hour ago?

But to answer your question, no it is NOT necessary, but it is an added 'safety net' to keep your accounts separate from one another so as not to get chain iced if found cheating on one account that may be linked to others via IP association.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safe, aber, ab, abrosia, not get frozen, using abrosia, guide, not get caught

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users