Photo

redirect.shtml - Prank/Troll Page

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dennis96411

dennis96411
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

NOTE: This is only done for sh-ts and giggles. Please remove thread if it's inappropriate, but don't say I didn't warn you!

====================STORY====================
I got bored, so I decided to make a prank web page that annoys the hell out of people. I started by making one that only spams pop-ups, but it wasn't universal across all the browsers. So I went to search for a better way to do this, and remembered seeing a browser hang test on Microsoft's IE10 test drive website. I found the code responsible for the hanging, and pretty much just copied it (gave credit of course) to make my malicious little prank. I'm no pro at HTML/Javascript, but I managed to make a very annoying, if not malicious, prank page. Thanks Microsoft, for showing me this awesome code!

When I first made this, it only worked with newer browsers with HTML5/SVG capabilities. So I decided to add some ways to still irritate people using older browsers, by adding back the old fashioned pop-up spam. Then I realized that some browsers block pop-ups, so I found a way to detect if such happens, and if it does, the page will just resort to alert box looping.

Now the last part of the making of this page: getting it to somehow work with Google Chrome to an extent that the user cannot control it (people with a bit of tech knowledge can easily get through this). The SVG exploit and infinite loops are cool, but they won't do anything since you can still technically close the tab and be done with it. Pop-ups won't work because Google Chrome blocks pop-ups by default. Then I discovered that Google Chrome will only open a pop-up if a user does it himself. Hm... Well, you'll just have to try it out for yourself.

====================EFFECTS====================
  • Mozilla Firefox - Program crashes [Warning! Memory usage will increase indefinitely until program is ended]
  • Google Chrome - Um... you'll just have to try this for yourself, as the result will be different for everyone.
  • Internet Explorer - Pop-up spam or alert box loop*
  • Mobile browsers [Android/iOS/webOS] - Depends on what capabilities it has
  • All other browsers without HTML5/SVG capabilities - Pop-up spam or alert box loop*
  • Browsers without Javascript capabilities [WTF?] - Nothing. You get zilch.
* = Dependent on the presence of a pop-up blocker.

====================WHAT TO DO WITH IT?====================

Well... I usually just prank idiots on Omegle or something, but if you feel evil enough to send it to a friend... I think they'll hate you for awhile.

====================THE PAGE====================
Google Chrome users, you must click on the "redirect" link within the page for it to start doing anything!
Do NOT visit this if you have important things open in your browser, as you may risk losing important things.

MockreeFail_zps1eaf82c4.png

Good game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users