Pokemon - The good old days

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#176 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Gold/Silver is best. Gen II is always best gen. But that said I've played all the games (at least one from each generation) and they all have their ups and downs.

Gen I had a lot of glitches and I was too young when I first played it to fully appreciate the art of team-building and battling. I only ever started to take things beyond type-matching when I started playing Silver. 

Gen III is REALLY underrated, gets a lot of hate, and is one of my favorite gens despite all of that. I'll never understand why people hate it so much. I know the water routes were annoying and there weren't any oldies in there and all, and maybe it was a bit short/easy to complete, but it was a great gen. The graphics in R/S/E were my favorite of all the games as well.

Gen IV is my least favorite. The story is okay but it's nothing captivating, and none of the IV pokemon really captured my attention.

Gen V was great, and Black and White 2 was pretty good also. Rocking storyline. I think mostly everyone loves N.

I have a lot of feelings about Pokemon.

Yeah I agree, Emerald was my all time favorite and still is, but after trying out heartgold they both have pretty much been my favorites....BUT I STILL LOVE EMERALD!!!!

#177 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Pokémon's pretty retarded. Why doesn't gamefreak try to actually give a new plot instead of following the same formula (X kid fights Y or Z team who's main objective is to take over the world by stealing pokémon) every fucking game?

#178 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Pokémon's pretty retarded. Why doesn't gamefreak try to actually give a new plot instead of following the same formula (X kid fights Y or Z team who's main objective is to take over the world by stealing pokémon) every fucking game?

Because it sells.

#179 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Isn't that kind of a universal cliche'?

#180 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

I just played through red recently and was suprised at how much I enjoyed it... and this was a replay! 0_0

What has happened to video games? T____T

I love pokemon, but I will agree that it's getting a little tired. What gen are we on now??? I can't keep up with it...

#181 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

I just played through red recently and was suprised at how much I enjoyed it... and this was a replay! 0_0

What has happened to video games? T____T

I love pokemon, but I will agree that it's getting a little tired. What gen are we on now??? I can't keep up with it...

X and Y will be VI

#182 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Isn't that kind of a universal cliche'?

Sure but generally the villains' paths in other games' stories to that world domination-esque plans are different, but in each pokémon the way is basically same: 1. Steal pokémon 2. ??? (legendary pokémon!) 3. world dohmineshun

#183 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Sure but generally the villains' paths in other games' stories to that world domination-esque plans are different, but in each pokémon the way is basically same: 1. Steal pokémon 2. ??? (legendary pokémon!) 3. world dohmineshun

Just wait Pokemon V gets finished (hahah)! It's not like the other Pokemon games and has a story actually thinking about it, it's pretty much just the same thing only minus stealing Pokemon

;_;

#184 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Wish they'd have done more with the Dreamcast/Gamecube games, hell if they'd re-release a HD revision of Gale of Darkness for the WiiU or whatever, I'd be willing to bet it would sell like hot cakes.

#185 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Spoiler

Most beautiful pokemon ever.

Wish they'd have done more with the Dreamcast/Gamecube games, hell if they'd re-release a HD revision of Gale of Darkness for the WiiU or whatever, I'd be willing to bet it would sell like hot cakes.

Edited by Ivysaur, 30 April 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#186 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wish they'd have done more with the Dreamcast games

Haha what.

Although I agree more console based games would be cool. None of these PokePark releases, though.

#187 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Sorry.

-_-

Edited by Ivysaur, 30 April 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#188 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Haha what.

Although I agree more console based games would be cool. None of these PokePark releases, though.

Yeah my bad, wasn't really sure if they did or did not release shit on the dreamcast.

#189 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

X and Y will be VI

Oh, so TOO MANY! D:

Also, Pokémon aside, I wish they did more with the Dreamcast overall! But that whole playing burned games thing... Well... Burned the system T__T what a botch.

#190 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Oh, so TOO MANY! D:

How is it too many?~ Everything about designing and making and playing the games is a lot of fun!! Would you have preferred it if GF announced they would stop making new games after BW2? :p

#191 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

How is it too many?~ Everything about designing and making and playing the games is a lot of fun!! Would you have preferred it if GF announced they would stop making new games after BW2? :p

Maybe it's more about the fact that they release three versions of essentially the same game each gen.

#192 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Maybe it's more about the fact that they release three versions of essentially the same game each gen.

$Cha cha ching$

#193 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

this

$Cha cha ching$

and this

#194 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

this

and this

these

#195 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

these

Look at all these things you can throw on the ground!

#196 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

this

and this

No one is forcing you to buy and play every single version from each gen~ ;) I could understand doing that if you don't have any friends and wanna fill up your dex (heh ;_; ) but Wifi trading reeeallly helps with that now

#197 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

No one is forcing you to buy and play every single version from each gen~ ;) I could understand doing that if you don't have any friends and wanna fill up your dex (heh ;_; ) but Wifi trading reeeallly helps with that now

Except everyone and their mothers wants a level 100 Mew for their pidgeys.

#198 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

Except everyone and their mothers wants a level 100 Mew for their pidgeys.

77hbCqT.gif

#199 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Gen 2 was definitely Da Bess. I've been a devoted Pokemon player right up until this newest generation, too much of a change for me, too many new pokemon to remember the names and types and moves of... Been replaying the older games on emulators and doing like, nuzlocke challenges.

#200 soundrecorder

soundrecorder
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Gold/Silver is best. Gen II is always best gen. But that said I've played all the games (at least one from each generation) and they all have their ups and downs.

Gen I had a lot of glitches and I was too young when I first played it to fully appreciate the art of team-building and battling. I only ever started to take things beyond type-matching when I started playing Silver. 

Gen III is REALLY underrated, gets a lot of hate, and is one of my favorite gens despite all of that. I'll never understand why people hate it so much. I know the water routes were annoying and there weren't any oldies in there and all, and maybe it was a bit short/easy to complete, but it was a great gen. The graphics in R/S/E were my favorite of all the games as well.

Gen IV is my least favorite. The story is okay but it's nothing captivating, and none of the IV pokemon really captured my attention.

Gen V was great, and Black and White 2 was pretty good also. Rocking storyline. I think mostly everyone loves N.

I have a lot of feelings about Pokemon.

Gold/Silver = Best of the series. It felt like a very clean version of Red/Blue/Yellow, but didn't have an overwhelming pokedex size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users