• Please log in to reply
838 replies to this topic

#26 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Has anyone noticed there's a little bar on the Outskirts page that says 'Doing your part'?

I wonder what happens if you fill that bar up - if anything.

I'm halfway through my bar, I'll let you know when I get there :p

#27 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Glitchiest crap since Superman 64.

#28 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Equip it via the Battledome instead of your inventory.

Ha it worked like a charm. Thanks!

#29 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Easy challengers and achievements, I get paid Thursday night, and I got a battle faerie quest today. LET'S DO EET!

Has anybody opened one of those luminous cask thingies yet?

#30 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

has any one else got stuck on one challenger no matter who you click?

#31 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

The lag is ridiculous. Thankfully like 2k people went to sleep or whatever. There's only 12k people vs the 14k it was at midnight.

#32 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

has any one else got stuck on one challenger no matter who you click?

...No, can't say I have. I don't even know how that would happen.

Is anyone getting strategic with which opponent(s) you're fighting? After hitting each a few times, I'm concentrating on the brute and thief.

I imagine there will be some complicated formula for determining the winning faction according to how many times they were hit and how many times they hit others. Otherwise, why would it break down the challengers by difficulty and faction? I suppose it could just be which faction has the least life and battles the most, but I should think TNT would be smart enough to recognize the effort of everyone else if they all team up on, say, the brutes since they're supposedly all BDers.

#33 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

im currently stuck on the assistant scientist. it says no matter how many times i beat him that im am in battle. i cannot stop the battle and i cannot battle anyone else.  arg

#34 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

but I should think TNT would be smart enough to recognize the effort of everyone else if they all team up on, say, the brutes since they're supposedly all BDers.

Good thing I already decided to focus on the brutes.

...after I get 50 or so wins against every opponent.

#35 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Anyone else have one class they have weird trouble with? I'm in thief faction and no matter what, I can't oneshot the mummy even though I have 159 strength on my pet. Is it immune to like... everything or something.

#36 KnitsFire

KnitsFire
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

48 wins already!

#37 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

im currently stuck on the assistant scientist. it says no matter how many times i beat him that im am in battle. i cannot stop the battle and i cannot battle anyone else.  arg

I know what's going on now.

When I went back to the faction page I got a "Faction Challenge" from one of the challengers, and the message had a bar with 0/8 next to it. When I went to the battledome to see what's what, it entered me automatically into a battle.

You shouldn't have to fight the opponent more than 8 times I think, before you can choose your opponent.

Anyone else have one class they have weird trouble with? I'm in thief faction and no matter what, I can't oneshot the mummy even though I have 159 strength on my pet. Is it immune to like... everything or something.

Some of the challengers do seem to have some hidden resistances or natural shields to some elements. I'm too lazy to work out which is which, but if you're determined to fight that challenger, you might try using a different weapon with different icons.

#38 PenguinCat

PenguinCat
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

I'm halfway through my bar, I'll let you know when I get there :p

I have just filled my bar, and absolutely nothing has happened as a result. :(

#39 Ubergoldz

Ubergoldz
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Is everyone just versing each person on hard? Do you think we should vary it up?

#40 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

How'd you get the faction challenges? I've gotten none so far.

#41 Cant Stop Me

Cant Stop Me
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Anyone else getting insane lag?

#42 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

i was up to 12 times with one challenger i finally had to withdraw :( grr.. but at least im not stuck any more...I am battling on hard I didnt see any reason to mix it up.. I imagine better prizes for hard.  but thats just my guess.

#43 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

I was having issues before with a few of the challengers, I was slashing two 15 icon weapons + an ability, and their hp would go down by 2 or something ridiculous, but there was nothing saying they were defending my attacks in the log. Seems to be resolved now..kinda...

There also seems to be a random ability on my side of the log, blocking six random icons every first round..

"You seek some Shade to protect yourself. Good move."

Edited by Nalah, 28 February 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#44 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

yes i do have insane lag as well... :(

#45 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Dear Neoquest,

You are a genius.

-Errbody

#46 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Is everyone just versing each person on hard? Do you think we should vary it up?

I'm versing on hard because in one plot (a while back, can't remember which) you could only submit so many battles per day, so it made sense to fight the strongest opponents you could as they counted for more.

I think the limit has to do with the status bar ("Doing your part") which was mentioned above.

How'd you get the faction challenges? I've gotten none so far.

By visiting the outskirts page. you might refresh there if you really want one. Dunno if it'll work though.

#47 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Some of the challengers do seem to have some hidden resistances or natural shields to some elements. I'm too lazy to work out which is which, but if you're determined to fight that challenger, you might try using a different weapon with different icons.

It was just a bit odd since I'm using scarab ring and golden compass, and those have a wide selection of elements that they hit with.

Edited by Tanpopo, 28 February 2013 - 01:37 AM.

#48 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Depressing :(

#49 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

It gives a golden check mark, so probably some kind of reward based on finishing the bar when the opponents first come out and whatnot.

#50 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

Faction challenge gave me a codestone as a prize. So no, they're not that great. It's just to give you some purpose in attacking a specific faction for a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)