Photo

Discussion for Tyrannia plot- war for the obelisk

• Please log in to reply
838 replies to this topic

#101 MrBenn

MrBenn
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Can anyone remember vaguely how long the last war went on for, and how long it was in between new waves of attackers?

#102 Mikali

Mikali
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Try mask of dread? It should work.

Btw I just saw the war page and my progress meter hasn't changed. Maybe it depends on how many times you can defeat each tier of challengers?

According to the Obelisk war page of the Daily Neopets, you fill up your progress bar by "fighting 40 times on mighty, or 60 times on strong or 96 times on average or a combination of the different modes, for all for all five opponents collectively (not that number of times for each challenger)." 

You can check out the page here http://www.thedailyn...-war/beginning/

Hope it helps :)

#103 Xarieste

Xarieste
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

I'm doin' nothing but raging against the thieves guild right now. Cocky bitches.

Can anyone remember vaguely how long the last war went on for, and how long it was in between new waves of attackers?

I was in the last Dr. Sloth one and it lasted like 3 weeks I think.

Edited by Xarieste, 01 March 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#104 Dot

Dot
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

When I logged in just now I expected to find something new on the Obelisk page. But everything is just as I left it last night. Bit disappointing really. Is it normal for plots/wars to have phases that last longer than 1 day? I was expecting something more challenging.

#105 Xarieste

Xarieste
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

When I logged in just now I expected to find something new on the Obelisk page. But everything is just as I left it last night. Bit disappointing really. Is it normal for plots/wars to have phases that last longer than 1 day? I was expecting something more challenging.

They usually do other stuff besides the war. I imagine because of the nature of the story, the plot activity will likely take place after the fighting when a faction has retrieved the obelisk.

#106 Dot

Dot
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

They usually do other stuff besides the war. I imagine because of the nature of the story, the plot activity will likely take place after the fighting when a faction has retrieved the obelisk.

I was thinking more of updating the opponents to something a tad more difficult. Not that I have such a great BD pet, but even I can one-shot the current opponents. No fun at all that way. If each wave lasts longer than one day I'll get mightily bored with it.

#107 Xarieste

Xarieste
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

I was thinking more of updating the opponents to something a tad more difficult. Not that I have such a great BD pet, but even I can one-shot the current opponents. No fun at all that way. If each wave lasts longer than one day I'll get mightily bored with it.

It's just a chance for you to rack up a lot of easy points if you don't have a great BD pet. They're giving codestones for a reasonnnn

#108 Dot

Dot
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

It's just a chance for you to rack up a lot of easy points if you don't have a great BD pet. They're giving codestones for a reasonnnn

I've never experienced something like this before on Neo. I thought that if you would be accumulating points, there'd be some sort of progress to track. Other than the "Do Your Part" bar that is. Have they gone about it like this in previous wars/plots, awarding points depending on how much you fought without you knowing what is needed to reach a certain stage?

#109 Xarieste

Xarieste
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I've never experienced something like this before on Neo. I thought that if you would be accumulating points, there'd be some sort of progress to track. Other than the "Do Your Part" bar that is. Have they gone about it like this in previous wars/plots, awarding points depending on how much you fought without you knowing what is needed to reach a certain stage?

I think this one is being done differently the reflect the change in the Battledome? Everything is conjecture at this point, but I can't imagine they'd leave us unfulfilled with this plot. It looks pretty serious. And if it's taking this much time, how much are they preparing for later?

#110 Dot

Dot
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

I think this one is being done differently the reflect the change in the Battledome? Everything is conjecture at this point, but I can't imagine they'd leave us unfulfilled with this plot. It looks pretty serious. And if it's taking this much time, how much are they preparing for later?

Well, if you look at it that way that does give hope :)

But as for the points thing... best to just keep going in case a later reward will be based on what you're doing now, even though right now there is no indication of it actually being any use? 

#111 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

In previous wars the number of points you earned was visible on your userlook up. That's why you see look ups with XXX points under the trophy.

#112 Dot

Dot
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Ah okay, but since they aren't now, all bets are off I suppose. Well, thanks to that nifty battling program I'll be getting in a couple more wins than I could've done manually and we'll see what happens. Thanks for the input guys!

#113 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

From what I've seen on the boards, each wave in the last war/plot took about three days. But maybe they changed it, I don't know. It's customary and reasonable for the first wave to be longer so that everyone has a chance to enter the war, despite time differences.

#114 Dot

Dot
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

From what I've seen on the boards, each wave in the last war/plot took about three days. But maybe they changed it, I don't know. It's customary and reasonable for the first wave to be longer so that everyone has a chance to enter the war, despite time differences.

Thanks, gives me a better idea of what to expect. 

#115 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

New wave on Sunday!

#116 2334456

• 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Does anyone know how many times should i fight in order to get greatest point in the plot?

#117 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Does anyone know how many times should i fight in order to get greatest point in the plot?

As many as you can. Be sure to fill up your progress bar.

You'll probably get more points when you fight the stronger challengers that are coming on Sunday.

#118 2334456

• 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

As many as you can. Be sure to fill up your progress bar.

You'll probably get more points when you fight the stronger challengers that are coming on Sunday.

Is there gonna be a limit after filling up the bar in this wave?

#119 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Is there gonna be a limit after filling up the bar in this wave?

Good question, but so far as I know there doesn't seem to be any indications of anything yet. I guess we'll just have to wait.

#120 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

So how many of the lackeys has everyone killed?

#121 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

I've done 80+

Just  battling when I get bored.

#122 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

About 1000.

In other words not enough.

#123 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Almost around ~50 each :p I've gotten so bored of this already!

#124 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

And I thought I had a lot.... *Goes to catch up*

#125 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

I've done 80+

Just  battling when I get bored.

About 1000.

In other words not enough.

Almost around ~50 each :p I've gotten so bored of this already!

And I thought I had a lot.... *Goes to catch up*

Wow good job everyone. :D I wonder if killing more monsters will help your side out more in the long run or not... Maybe TNT already has the war planned out to where everyone wins. -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users