How to go about trading bought UC pets

how trading bought uc pets trade

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

First of all, I'm a pet buying and trading addict. I like UCs and I hate the PC.

Think of the PC like hounds waiting for you to trip. If you're dumb about buying and selling pets then you can indeed get frozen. The most important thing is use common sense.

Some points:

If you're trading in high end UC's you'll usually get people asking how you got the pet or what you traded for it.
Some times it's out of curiosity , other times they are suspicious. Don't get defensive.

DO NOT make a board on the PC about how shocked you are about "catching" the pet in the pound. Yes, even if it was transferred via the pound. You would just be drawing unnecessary negative attention to your self.

Ideally, you want to make some kind of plan with the seller. A story which you'll both sell or even better, keep the pet for 2-3 months and stay out of the PC. Even if you're not advertising the pet. That way, the cache can change and it'll look better for you.

Also, it won't look like you're trying to offload some pet which you got out of nowhere the day before.

DO NOT buy a bunch of UC pets all at the same time and then try and trade them. Especially if you've already been to the PC and players know that you only have the one UC. One or two more popping up looks suspicious no matter what you say.

I'd recommend you leave a 3 month gap between each one. Even longer for high end UC's.

IMO, it's the safest thing to do. Staying out of the spotlight is a good thing too.

Before you do anything, decide ahead of time if you want to trade the pet right up (not recommended) or if you want to wait.
If you're going to trade right up then find a seller that's going to backup your story. OR, you can buy the pet and the account it's on.

Keeping the pet on a side for 2-3 months is usually a good idea, since it gives the cache time to update/erase it self.
If you're going for the story, only make one and only one adoption/gift story.

When buying, first find someone selling for a fair price. I'd recommend Kals Guide (http://www.neocodex....ing-help-guide/) to give you an idea of what to expect.

If you're going for the story/backup then be sure to work that out BEFORE you trade.

Don't be afraid to ask:

• How they acquired the pet
  • Pet history
  • How long did they have the pet for
  • Has it been recently seen/advertised on the PC. (Within the last 2-3 months)

If you don't feel 100% comfortable with the trade and the seller then don't go through with it. Also, middlemen are there to make sure everything goes smoothly. Use them!

Have connections and get to know people. It's good to know people for trading advice and helps ease those hours of constant bumping. They can also vouch for you and it makes you look more legit. Who comes on the PC every day and does nothing except bump for hours?

The Cache.

Google's definition for "cache" is A collection of items of the same type stored in a hidden or inaccessible place.

And that's what Google does. It takes a snapshot of a pets Petpage and stores it away. The old account that the pet was last sitting on can be tracked down that way. Pets that have been rotting away on a side account usually won't have a cache. Unless I'm mistaken the way it works is, the more views the page gets the quicker it will update and if it doesn't get any views at all, the cache will disappear.

You can view a pets cache in Google by typing in:-  cache:petpage link

EG. cache:http://www.neopets.com/~F1am312Z

That pet doesn't have one since it's been sitting in the pound and before that an inactive account, it seems.

Not sure it's safe to post yet. But usually a cache is from the month before.
Just say I adopt a pet from an active user. When someone google searches that pet's lookup there will be an option that says "Cache" once they
click it, it will show how the pet lookup looked a month before I had the pet, and who it belonged to. This can be dangerous when purchasing
UC because if there's no cache it means the pet magically moved off an inactive account. And as you said the PC are like blood thirsty hounds.
They will catch this very easily immediately hammer you with questions. On top of that, they will collectively mass report you.

If anyone can shed more light on the Cache thing, please do. I'm don't have a great deal of knowledge about it.

Helpful links:

Kals UC Pet pricing guide: http://www.neocodex....ing-help-guide/
Neoboard Auto bumper: http://userscripts.o...ipts/show/34859

Any feedback and advice on how to improve this would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Also, do have a read of the comments section! Some great tips and advice in there!

Edited by Claws, 23 April 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Not sure it's safe to post yet. But usually a cache is from the month before.
Just say I adopt a pet from an active user. When someone google searches that pet's lookup there will be an option that says "Cache" once they click it, it will show how the pet lookup looked a month before I had the pet, and who it belonged to. This can be dangerous when purchasing UC because if there's no cache it means the pet magically moved off an inactive account. And as you said the PC are like blood thirsty hounds. They will catch this very easily immediately hammer you with questions. On top of that, they will collectively mass report you.

Edited by Kate, 01 March 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#3 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Love the guide. :) When I see someone on the PC trying to trade a UC they obviously bought. Like don't they know any better?  :unsure:

I've used the same techniques you suggest when I buy my UCs and haven't been frozen. Common sense is definitely the best way to go. :)

#4 Neodaq

Neodaq
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the great guide!

#5 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

This is a side of Neopets that I haven't come into contact with yet O_o. The people on the Neobards are all scary people, I will stay away from it.

#6 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

I'm on the PC all the time, and I agree with the guide. +rep.

Also, don't be a right idiot and say something like OH MY FRIEND IS QUITTING AND GAVE HIM/HER TO ME. Or even worse: oh we got talking, and they don't care about trading so they gave me this UC! Yay! The PC WILL report you. They're report happy buggers. The most plausible story is oh hi, I'm bored with my pets and I heard that this is the place to swap them. Don't really come on the boards/just came back from a haitus, what are my pets worth?

I don't know when the cache updates, but a page only has a cache if it has pageviews. If the account isn't active at all, there full stop won't be a cache. And they'll definitely search for a cache.

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

I'm on the PC all the time, and I agree with the guide. +rep.

Also, don't be a right idiot and say something like OH MY FRIEND IS QUITTING AND GAVE HIM/HER TO ME. Or even worse: oh we got talking, and they don't care about trading so they gave me this UC! Yay! The PC WILL report you. They're report happy buggers. The most plausible story is oh hi, I'm bored with my pets and I heard that this is the place to swap them. Don't really come on the boards/just came back from a haitus, what are my pets worth?

I don't know when the cache updates, but a page only has a cache if it has pageviews. If the account isn't active at all, there full stop won't be a cache. And they'll definitely search for a cache.

Yeah I agree with you in regards to how you present the UC to the PC.
Don't come up with some too good to be true story about adopting it. UNLESS.
The person you buy it from is willing to publicly put the pet UFA for a couple days, accept applications, and then ultimately choose yours.

#8 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

All in all: The PC is a bunch of scary fuckers. lol

Trade NC. Much safer. :p

I'm glad you guys like it and the little tips you're all adding are awesome. :D

Edited by Claws, 18 March 2013 - 05:28 AM.

#9 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

The person you buy it from is willing to publicly put the pet UFA for a couple days, accept applications, and then ultimately choose yours.

I actually know of people doing this. It's basically the easiest way to make it seem more legit, if the seller is willing. There's also a few UCs I know floating around the boards that I suspect is bought, but I can't really prove it. They were "adopted" through an UFQA method where the previous owner made a board multiple times for a weekend, only accepted neomail apps, and also only accepted as many as her inbox could hold. The UC UFQA boards are not a good idea though. People will be as suspicious of them as they are of normal gifting UCs.

#10 Arc

Arc
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Great Guide! :D So nice to see a well made guide.

Especially for people who have no idea what the best way to trade pets that they got in Illigitimate ways :).

The pc is always suspicious, and well the safer the better.

Thank you for the guide.

#11 Raylie

Raylie
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

thanks a lot for this guide! i still have a question left.

What if i buy an uc+ a semi-main...
I'll def wait for the cache to change (pet won't have a cache) before i transfer the pet to my real main/ one of my sides. should i better wait for another cache-update before i show up on pc? pc actually knows well which pets i own...i don't know if it even would make sense to wait for a second cache update since i want to say that i traded for the pet.

opinions?

#12 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

thanks a lot for this guide! i still have a question left.

What if i buy an uc+ a semi-main...
I'll def wait for the cache to change (pet won't have a cache) before i transfer the pet to my real main/ one of my sides. should i better wait for another cache-update before i show up on pc? pc actually knows well which pets i own...i don't know if it even would make sense to wait for a second cache update since i want to say that i traded for the pet.

opinions?

A trade makes it look much more legit.

BUT! If the cache of the account you purchased says that it has not been logged into for a long time, that may look sketchy.
Log on daily and wait for the cache to read "Under One Day ago" before trading for the UC. 

#13 Raylie

Raylie
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

oh! o.o i never ever thought about the cache of the account. Thanks a lot for this useful info! :D

#14 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

oh! o.o i never ever thought about the cache of the account. Thanks a lot for this useful info! :D

No worries. Just don't be stupid and you'll be just fine (:

#15 narya

narya
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for your guide. :3

... The PC is the scariest board on all of Neopets, my goodness.

#16 Raylie

Raylie
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

No worries. Just don't be stupid and you'll be just fine (:

its still risky to buy+advertise higher end pets isn't it? i wouldn't dare to buy an uc p/k/d/r though :/

#17 arryle

arryle
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well buying anything is pretty much a risk just don't advertise it right away and like the person above said wait until google cache updates.

#18 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

its still risky to buy+advertise higher end pets isn't it? i wouldn't dare to buy an uc p/k/d/r though :/

When you do something like that, you want to try and buy the account it's on.
That way you can cover all your bases without arousing suspicion.

#19 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

You tend to get questioned a lot if the pet hasn't been seen on the PC before. Probably isn't wise to get one out of the blue if you're a PC reg and people know that you don't have any UC's. Or they see that you didn't trade any of your pets for it.

If you buy the account it's on you're still going to have to find a way to get it to your main. If you tell everyone that it's been sitting on your side, some might be suspicious since who keeps an awesome UC hidden on their side? :p

You might also get people asking for trading advice so if you know nothing about UC trading Values, then get acquainted!

Always think things through if you're going to buy a high-end UC.

#20 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

You tend to get questioned a lot if the pet hasn't been seen on the PC before. Probably isn't wise to get one out of the blue if you're a PC reg and people know that you don't have any UC's. Or they see that you didn't trade any of your pets for it.

If you buy the account it's on you're still going to have to find a way to get it to your main. If you tell everyone that it's been sitting on your side, some might be suspicious since who keeps an awesome UC hidden on their side? :p

You might also get people asking for trading advice so if you know nothing about UC trading Values, then get acquainted!

Always think things through if you're going to buy a high-end UC.

​When I said buy the other account, I meant keep it as two separate identities :p
That way, if someone mails the account the UC used to be on, he can corroborate the story on both sides.

Given he's using proxies ofc.

#21 Raylie

Raylie
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

i wanted to do it that way though :)
only dif is that I'll buy a main the pet was transferred to shortly before i buy. but will def wait for caches to update!

yeah have to get keen with proxies ;)

#22 aliciakae

aliciakae
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for your guide. :3

... The PC is the scariest board on all of Neopets, my goodness.

So far PC is super scary. I used to be super active on the NC Mall boards and switched since I have some pets UFT but people aren't always exactly nice and they act like everyone is out to scam them

#23 Kaitan

Kaitan
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

When I was actively trading pets before I really got into codex and learned about good and bad trades I had someone trade me a 4 letter chocolate chomby and a VWN hallow poogle for an asparagus chia. I still dont know if this was a good or bad trade lol.

#24 Majesty

Majesty
  • 164 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

so do you have to wait a month for sure for it to have previous cache?

idk i bought a uc from an inactive account so it had no previous cache, but google cache now shows it as the account it's on, without showing any previous cache. do i wait a month or can it be less before it shows previous cache of it being on the same account? and do i have to update the pet lookup and everything for there to be old cache?

#25 MissMilk

MissMilk
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Thanks for the guide! The cache info is really helpful :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how, trading, bought, uc, pets, trade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users