Quantcast

Photo

Minimum Profit Value

abrosia minimum profit value high low

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Minimum Profit Value

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

I set my minimum profit to...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shapesnatch

Shapesnatch
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Is it better to set your minimum profit value to a relatively high or relatively low number on Abrosia? On one hand, if you set the value to a low number, it will buy more items and is more likely to net you more profit. However, this could also lead to getting RS banned faster. On the other hand, if you set it to a higher value, Abrosia will buy items less often, and will target the high-profit items. However, depending on the store, many of these items may be either highly sought after, making it hard for Abrosia to buy, or HTS. So which way do you think is better?

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Personal preference entirely.

#3 TheMysteryDoctor

TheMysteryDoctor
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

It all depends on half price day like this i keep my profit at 2500 all other times i keep it at 5000 and i still make a decent profit but like  sweeney said its all personal preference and your willingness to take risks

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I personally set mine to 899. I filter out junk and keep a well stocked shop of low rarity items. I figure anything that is going to brink me 900 neopoints is worth being without the base for a short time. Even the stuff I have that has rotted for months eventually sells so in the end I'm maximizing profits, in my opinion, with little more effort than keeping my stocks full for my customers.

Edited by Yung, 03 March 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#5 Badger

Badger
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I put 2000. I think a lot of people use 5000.

The reason why I do that is because I'd rather make 2000 than completely opting out of buying the item.

2000 is still high enough to help filter out the crappy items that you might lose money on though.

It also helps to clear out the shop when other people aren't really buying it, to make room for better items.

However I also set profit to be at least 100% of the price, as I don't want to buy a 10k item only to sell it for 12k, for example.

The higher the price, the more likely the price is to jump around and lower, thus putting you out of pocket particularly on HTS.

#6 StewieGriffin

StewieGriffin
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

i believe one should never be too greedy, any profit gain is still profit. i set mine to 3k

#7 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

I personally set mine to 899. I filter out junk and keep a well stocked shop of low rarity items. I figure anything that is going to brink me 900 neopoints is worth being without the base for a short time. Even the stuff I have that has rotted for months eventually sells so in the end I'm maximizing profits, in my opinion, with little more effort than keeping my stocks full for my customers.

Dis.  I'm experimenting with different numbers myself.  I'm beginning to lean towards lower than 2000 (which is my current setting).  Very very rarely would you miss something good due to buying the low end stuff.

Don't shops RS more often if the low end stuff is bought?

Thinking of making a tool to verify prices to make sure the items I buy are up to date with current prices... since the lower you go the higher risk of loss.

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thinking of making a tool to verify prices to make sure the items I buy are up to date with current prices... since the lower you go the higher risk of loss.

Hardly. Even if I buy 100 items that I lose 1k each on I'm still likely to have bought 900 that I make at least 1k on.

#9 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Right, it's not a huge risk of loss, but if you lose 1k on 100 items that means ur down -100k.  Means I've got that much of an incentive to make a tool ;)  If/when I make it I'll be 100k up from you in your example.  Regardless, I kinda doubt it's worth it.  The item db on the codex is pretty decent regardless of the complaints.

#10 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Meh, I made a tool anyways, the neocodex db saying Neowart Fungus is profitable was really bugging me.

#11 joshy9096

joshy9096
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

it is profitable ^ i have brought allot of them ^^ and made 20k from all of them they 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abrosia, minimum, profit, value, high, low

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users