Photo

Is this way of transferring items safe?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shapesnatch

Shapesnatch
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Using a high-anonymity proxy, I am using NeonAP to stock any restocks into my dummy shell ABing account. I price them at 1 NP a piece, in rounds of about 2 to 3 items at a time, and instantaneously snipe them from my main account, not on a proxy. Is this safe? Also, on a side, can anyone tell me what's the best way to find high-speed proxies? Thanks!

#2 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

From my knowledge, this isn't safe because while sales history can be cleared, buying history cannot.

#3 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

This is pretty dangerous.

If you transfer Np/items the accounts will get connected, no matter what.

Unless you transfer via the money tree.

This doesn't mean that it's impossible.

Tons of transfers occur everyday on neopets, but they are only meaningful if an account is flagged for cheating.

To be on the safe side, let your accounts sit for a while (some months) without doing anything illegal on them, but keep some activity on them.

This way you can be sure that they weren't flagged.

#4 Shapesnatch

Shapesnatch
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

What would be the safest way to transfer items then? Or is it safer to transfer NPs?

#5 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

What would be the safest way to transfer items then? Or is it safer to transfer NPs?

Let your account age.

Anything you do on a flagged account is dangerous.

There is no way of telling if an account is flagged or not, you could stop cheating and weeks later find your account frozen.

#6 Shapesnatch

Shapesnatch
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Let your account age.

Anything you do on a flagged account is dangerous.

There is no way of telling if an account is flagged or not, you could stop cheating and weeks later find your account frozen.

The account I'm ABing on is 8 months old, but is quite basic. Has a few avatars and trophies, but pretty basic. Is it safe?

Also, I just bought an account that has been used and is 18 months old. Is it safe? What method would you recommend for transferring items between these accounts and my main?

#7 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

To answer your side question: I use proxy blaze for mine.  You can find a coupon code online by searching for it on google for 20% off.  With coupon discount = ~10 proxies for 10 bux. per month

Edited by RitzWin, 12 March 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#8 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

I've experimented with this method and it's definitely not safe. If they want to track where items went, this won't help. The biggest problem is that it's an obvious transfer - you just happen to be looking for the exact item and just happen to find some idiot who priced the items at 1 np. 

People need to understand that the proper way for transfers is to make them look realistic, trade an item that's worth 10M for 5M, trade an item that's worth 5M for 800k, etc.

#9 Majesty

Majesty
  • 164 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

hm i think you could try to sell the items and make a bunch of pure then just buy one big item and snipe it, because people do catch expensive items in shops sometimes

#10 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

The account I'm ABing on is 8 months old, but is quite basic. Has a few avatars and trophies, but pretty basic. Is it safe?

Also, I just bought an account that has been used and is 18 months old. Is it safe? What method would you recommend for transferring items between these accounts and my main?

What I mean is: stop cheating for some months, then transfer.

If you've just ab'ed a Draik Morphing Potion, and you transfer it ASAP, don't expect your accounts to remain unfrozen.

Even if you "make it look realistic", it will look fishy for them because they already flagged that account.

However, if you let sit that account for some months:

*Either they freeze that account (glad you didn't transferred).

*They don't freeze it, now you can transfer it happily :)

Also, remember to not cheat with those accounts shortly after the transfer.

#11 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

People need to understand that the proper way for transfers is to make them look realistic, trade an item that's worth 10M for 5M, trade an item that's worth 5M for 800k, etc.

Pretty much this. Don't make it look like you're transferring items - even if they assume it's not your shell, it looks a lot like a scam or you just bought it for other which is forbidden as well.

A better way imo is to make your main appear as reseller: actually buy the items from your shell - albeit below current going prices because you buy a quicksell.

Make it look like a simple regular reseller-restocker relationship, not like a master-slave one (that includes not transferring things straight away - the other person may not be online or doing other stuff or whatever)  :p

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 13 March 2013 - 02:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users