Photo

Something is wrong with my proxy - need help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dois

Dois
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

I've been lurking here for some time, and a few days ago I wanted to try using ambrosia.

My main is completely legit and I don't want it to be frozen.

I'm using foxyproxy. The problem is that this message appear when I try to enter on neopets:

ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.neopets.com/allevents.phtml

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

I tried many different Ips, but the message still appears

Can someone help me?

#2 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

I don't think Program Manager / Abrosia uses FoxyProxy, which is add-on for Firefox browser.

You need to enter the correct proxy info to the Program Manager when you login with it to your neo account.

#3 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Just want to double check you are planning on abing on a shell account? As it would be pointless using a proxy on your main :p

But yes, you need to have the actual IP to add to the program settings in Abrosia, it wont work with you using a third party site.

#4 Dois

Dois
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

ah, thanks.

It's working now ^_^

#5 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

HidemyAss has really good proxys, just filter for high security and high speed and you should be fine,

#6 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Just wanted to add that sometimes proxies stop accepting requests randomly or when their load is too high. I have a list of 3-4 proxies so I can switch around when one acts up like this.

tbh I gave up on public proxies a while ago haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users