Can't sign up to neopets? Help please? :-(:-(

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hclly

Hclly
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hi all!
i've tried multiple times to make an account on Neopets yet whenever I get to the email stage of the normal sign up process Neopets tells me "An error has occured. Please try again later." I've tried on different browsers, different computers, using different emails, i've cleared caches and tried everything google has told me to, there is no way i've been ip banned/frozen because I haven't logged onto neopets for months/years and it's a really frustrating issue as one of my oldest accounts on neopets (that unfortunately the email and password for are long gone) are dated back to long before 2008 (potentially to 06) so I have been on this site for a long time, I never used to experience issues but it seems I have hit a brick wall. I'll be really grateful if anyone can help me sort this issue, in this process I have also tried to sign up using usernames that I love (and aren't taken) but because I couldn't complete the sign up process they won't become available again.

Please please help me :-(! I've been trying for months to sign up :-(

Oh and I can't find a way to contact Neopets because their ticket system requires you to be signed up.....which i'm not because I can't and all the other contact addresses are related to abuse and parental consent. 

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

It's an error with Neopets; there's very little we can do about it.

Try different names and see see if any of them will work.

#3 Hclly

Hclly
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

It's an error with Neopets; there's very little we can do about it.

Try different names and see see if any of them will work.

Not sure if i'm being unreasonable by wondering why they haven't fixed it yet, i've seen people post about this issue since 1/2 years ago ah  :mellow: thank you, i'll try again now.

Still nothing, not that i'm surprised anymore!

Edited by Hclly, 23 March 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#4 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

If there's nothing that can be done, and you continue to have this problem, I would suggest just buying an account.

Not much help, I'm sure.  Sorry :(

#5 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

I have this problem occasionally as well and I hate it, since you have to enter so much information only to be told that there's an error. What's more you're never told the reason for the error -.-"

It happened to me when the username was too similar to the email address, or if the username had the birthday (or year) in it or it happened just because the registration sucks (i.e. randomly).

#6 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Make an account via Monkeyquest and then head over to Neopets. It works that way. 

#7 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Some usernames are considered avaliable but can't be made cause they were purged in the recent purge. It's a glitch. Try other usernames. Or as Nymh said, buy an account. An aged shell is like half an apple.

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Not sure if i'm being unreasonable by wondering why they haven't fixed it yet, i've seen people post about this issue since 1/2 years ago ah  :mellow: thank you, i'll try again now.
Still nothing, not that i'm surprised anymore!

Hahh this is neo-TNT; if there's a bug which isn't related to NC content, they're not gonna care or touch it :p
This glitch has been around for what, a year or so heheh...

#9 Docshroomed

Docshroomed
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

it might be coz of your pets name

#10 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

If you're making a new account then you don't have any pets. :mellow:

#11 Docshroomed

Docshroomed
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

If you're making a new account then you don't have any pets. :mellow:

If I recall correctly they make you get a pet as soon as you sign up. if you don't pick a valid pet name it screws up sometimes.

#12 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

If I recall correctly they make you get a pet as soon as you sign up. if you don't pick a valid pet name it screws up sometimes.

Hmmm, It warns you before you proceed if the pet name is available/allowed.

I haven't heard about it having anything to do with the glitch. unsure.gif

#13 Hclly

Hclly
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

If there's nothing that can be done, and you continue to have this problem, I would suggest just buying an account.

Not much help, I'm sure.  Sorry :(

yeah this would probably be a final option, thank you:-)

I have this problem occasionally as well and I hate it, since you have to enter so much information only to be told that there's an error. What's more you're never told the reason for the error -.-"

It happened to me when the username was too similar to the email address, or if the username had the birthday (or year) in it or it happened just because the registration sucks (i.e. randomly).

aw yeah :-( my email/username/birthday are all so different, just a shame it doesn't work anymore.

Make an account via Monkeyquest and then head over to Neopets. It works that way. 

thank you, i've just made one :-) do I have to do anything to link them or just wait a while and log into neopets using the mq credidentials?

Some usernames are considered avaliable but can't be made cause they were purged in the recent purge. It's a glitch. Try other usernames. Or as Nymh said, buy an account. An aged shell is like half an apple.

yeah, thank you :-)

Hahh this is neo-TNT; if there's a bug which isn't related to NC content, they're not gonna care or touch it :p
This glitch has been around for what, a year or so heheh...

hahaha yeah i guess you have a point!

didn't even get onto making a pet, think that comes after your account has been made!

thanks all x

#14 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Thank you, I've just made one :-) do I have to do anything to link them or just wait a while and log into Neopets using the MQ credentials?

Nope, you can head right on over there and start doing whatever you want :)

Just log into Neo with the same info and off you go~

#15 Hclly

Hclly
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Nope, you can head right on over there and start doing whatever you want :)

Just log into Neo with the same info and off you go~

I've signed up to monkey quest but when I try to log into neopets with the same credentials it doesn't work, saying that the account doesn't exist :-( however it lets me log into this petpet park site? ahhhhh.

Edited by Hclly, 24 March 2013 - 09:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users