Photo

Shops I should avoid?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 blackmanx

blackmanx
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

I've been reading around the forum and I see some post mentions places like the Magic Shop which I should avoid ABing.

What are the reasons for this and what other shops should I avoid?

#2 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Probably post office as well, I think it's because TNT monitors them more often than food shops, as the former would carry higher valued items

#3 Kratos

Kratos
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Royal Potionery I think

Edited by Josh2234, 29 March 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#4 Archer

Archer
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Post Office and Magic. I've been frozen twice whilst ABing at Post Office and once at Magic. The only other place I got frozen for abing was at Kayle's Potions. The longest period I've ABed without getting frozen is 4 months at both Magic and Stamps however I did it on a main account and only AB'd less than 3 hours a day and that account got iced for inappropriate language so if you are smart you can get away with ABing at both those shops just don't run insane buy times and don't leave the ABer on for too long.

#5 Habanero

Habanero
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Stamps, Magic, Royal Potionery, Tyrannian Petpets, Meridell Foods.

#6 blackmanx

blackmanx
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

So basically TNT monitors some shops more than others and the ones monitored or often the ones that can stock really expensive items?

#7 Habanero

Habanero
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

So basically TNT monitors some shops more than others and the ones monitored or often the ones that can stock really expensive items?

More or less because ABers would be more inclined to AB at those shops due to the high profits. (10m+ in tyrannian petpet, Draik eggs in Meridell ect.)

#8 Royalflush

Royalflush
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

I think TNT watches closer rarity 98/99 items, not necessary the store. I notice over the years I only get iced when I buy something like that!

#9 SSreturner

SSreturner
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Post Office and Magic. I've been frozen twice whilst ABing at Post Office and once at Magic. The only other place I got frozen for abing was at Kayle's Potions. The longest period I've ABed without getting frozen is 4 months at both Magic and Stamps however I did it on a main account and only AB'd less than 3 hours a day and that account got iced for inappropriate language so if you are smart you can get away with ABing at both those shops just don't run insane buy times and don't leave the ABer on for too long.

What buy time were you running at the two shops?

#10 woah23

woah23
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

If you are running too slow at these 2 shops,you pratically get nothing as there is alot of competition. I used to AB at stamps and bought things at around 1600-1800ms.I stopped after 2 months there i suppose... Havent got frozen yet, den again, do expect alot of misses if you ab at these 2 shops. Look for other shops to AB in. Much much safer I assume.

#11 SSreturner

SSreturner
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

I do it at the stamp shop. If you set the profit to 2k, its not too bad because the stamps are surprisingly fast selling. Of course if people want big profit then reasonable ms won't buy you any item at all.

#12 maskill08

maskill08
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

I only avoid post office and magic

#13 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

I only avoid post office and magic

This.  Haven't been frozen for ABing.

#14 xintervine

xintervine
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

I thought also BM and DM?

#15 SSreturner

SSreturner
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

How often do BM and DM restock some decent stuffs? It seems like PO and magic restock UB much more often...

#16 blackmanx

blackmanx
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

Restocked at the Post Office once last week for a good few hours without any problems and got myself a nice UB Stamp.

I guess even if the chances are high nothing is for certain of getting frozen

#17 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

I've ABed in Magic, and never been frozen. [for ABing that is] The key is don't AB more than 20 minutes at a time, and take several hour breaks between those twenty minutes. same goes for post office. The other shops however you can set for a good 30-45 minutes. If you go over that it's at your own risk, and of course, use realistic buy times. :3 hope that helps!

Edited by Lucario, 07 April 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#18 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

I've ABed in Magic, and never been frozen. [for ABing that is] The key is don't AB more than 20 minutes at a time, and take several hour breaks between those twenty minutes. same goes for post office. The other shops however you can set for a good 30-45 minutes. If you go over that it's at your own risk, and of course, use realistic buy times. :3 hope that helps!

Isn't that quite conservative through? You'll be missing out on alot of good stuff

#19 SSreturner

SSreturner
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Isn't that quite conservative through? You'll be missing out on alot of good stuff

I was doing about 6 hours in magic and stamp daily, above 2000 ms, frozen after three weeks. so maybe it's better to be conservative.

#20 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Being safe is better than being sorry, sure you may miss out on REALLY high end stuff. but I still made a heavy profit doing it my way. besides, they watch the high end items.

#21 Faintingcow

Faintingcow
  • Uncle Fancypants

• 199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Magic shop, I hear its a high freeze rate, also thats where I AB ;)

#22 blackmanx

blackmanx
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

Since I'm non member I don't get to choose where the AB restocks at.

Though a week ago my AB was doing Stamp shop and I got a nice UB Stamp.

Haven't had a problem since I did so I guess frequency also matters.

#23 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Perhaps it does, I didn't AB daily, the most every other day. Well I Abed in different shops. I avoided stamps and magic a lot unless I knew I could watch the ABer. 
But I don't cheat anymore... so I'm sure it's changed a bit. this was maybe a year ago?

#24 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Since I'm non member I don't get to choose where the AB restocks at.

Though a week ago my AB was doing Stamp shop and I got a nice UB Stamp.

Haven't had a problem since I did so I guess frequency also matters.

You get to choose your shop if you use manual lists.

#25 blackmiracle

blackmiracle
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

Well since im using the free one, whenever it ABs in magic shop (about once every two weeks?) i just leave it run till it manually switches shops. So far haven't been iced~ and bought a nice potion worth 1m+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users