Neopians eyeing me suspiciously... -.-

be playin for weeks and have 1mil np

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Some people started neomailing me how I was selling some Uni Knight armor already when it says I've been playing for only 2 weeks... what should i say?!! XD

#2 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Don't respond

#3 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Mmkay. :X

#4 Kaitan

Kaitan
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

You have to be very careful with nosy neopians. When you have the money to do so you should get a somewhat aged shell 6 - 9 months. People dont bother you after that point. 

#5 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Tell them to get off their computers and go take a walk in the park

#6 Mikali

Mikali
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

You can also change your preference so that only Neofriends can neomail you.  

#7 Revan79

Revan79
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

lol at walk in the park.

#8 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

+1 to the walk in the park

#9 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

XD I think I'll go with the Neofriends only option...

Oh yeah, maybe I'll see him! :D Cross Country everyday ftw through the central park

#10 Turkeyducks

Turkeyducks
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Why not just tell them that you made a new main? & then for them to mind their own business. 

#11 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Maybe... but I despise liars. Whatevs, it's Neopets, it doesn't really matter if I lie or not.

#12 Majesty

Majesty
  • 164 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Tbh when someone fishy changes their preferences so only neofriends can contact it's even fishier and reportable. Just say it's a new main because your old one is perma'd or something.

Edited by thatgirl123, 04 April 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#13 Vibe

Vibe
  • 469 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Say that you changed accounts and made your current one your main as your old one was silenced.

Setting your neomails to neofriends makes you look guilty. x:

Edited by Harmony, 04 April 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#14 woah23

woah23
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Say that you changed accounts and made your current one your main as your old one was silenced.

Setting your neomails to neofriends makes you look guilty. x:

This is very true

#15 xintervine

xintervine
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

The worst thing to do is ignore or block because it makes you look like you're running away xD

Just explain to them that you're starting anew or something.

It's kinda like how this guy randomly was selling an Mskull on BD Chat when 2 weeks ago he had nothing. 

#16 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

:D Mmkay, because then he/she started trying to get me to give his/her user and pass. I reported him, and he might be iced already.Whew!

#17 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

This reminds me of the guy who apparently "walked in" to stamps and RSed a BSS.

But then he got frozen or something. Just tell the general public that you're rebuilding/starting over and declare it on your lookup. It's easier that way.

#18 xintervine

xintervine
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

This reminds me of the guy who apparently "walked in" to stamps and RSed a BSS.

But then he got frozen or something. Just tell the general public that you're rebuilding/starting over and declare it on your lookup. It's easier that way.

I remember that! The board was on TC for awhile until he got iced. Nobody believed him xD

He said something like he didn't even realised he rsed the BSS until he cleared his inventory. LOL

#19 Mikali

Mikali
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Tbh when someone fishy changes their preferences so only neofriends can contact it's even fishier and reportable. Just say it's a new main because your old one is perma'd or something.

That's true.  I tend to change my preferences depending on who and why they're neomailing me.  I've had some neomail me for tips on games, and one user who constantly bombarded me in Spanish asking for me to resell a Gold Gem Negg I had bought off an auction.  

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

The worst thing to do is ignore or block because it makes you look like you're running away xD

Just explain to them that you're starting anew or something.

It's kinda like how this guy randomly was selling an Mskull on BD Chat when 2 weeks ago he had nothing. 

x_ironic? :D

#21 Habanero

Habanero
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Say it's a new main. Running away just makes you look more suspicious.

#22 xintervine

xintervine
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

x_ironic? :D

Good try but no :p 

x_ironic was obviously illegit from the start lol even though he claims to just make 900m in 3 months from 'epic reselling'

#23 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Good try but no :p

x_ironic was obviously illegit from the start lol even though he claims to just make 900m in 3 months from 'epic reselling'

You can tell which cheaters are noob cheaters because of how hilariously bad they are at lying.

#24 xintervine

xintervine
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

You can tell which cheaters are noob cheaters because of how hilariously bad they are at lying.

Yep, and they're usually the ones who show off their wealth and post everywhere which is stupid because then everybody more or less knows.

#25 Turkeyducks

Turkeyducks
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Just tell the general public that you're rebuilding/starting over and declare it on your lookup. It's easier that way.

This. People are going to be looking at your account, especially if you have rare items in your trade or shop. Put a note on your lookup that says your account was hacked/frozen/scammed/whatever, but you've been playing Neo for X amount of time and that you make most of your NPs through restocking/sniping. Then direct them to your trade/shop "to help you rebuild."

You should also look like you care about your account. Have a user lookup, get some easy trophies/avatars, and dress up your pet. This goes a long way in making you look like a legit player.

I do all this whenever I start a new account and have never had anyone ask me how I got so-and-so item. In fact, I usually have people neomailing me offering to buy multiple items 'cause they feel bad for me.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: be, playin, for, weeks, and, have, 1mil, np

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users