Quantcast

Photo

AAA list vs Item Database (results/download)

aaa attic

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Turkeyducks

Turkeyducks
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

POPULAR POST!

After seeing a couple users ask about it, I decided to go ahead and make a list of the more profitable items that restock at the attic. I also decided to test whether or not these lists work better than the database, the theory being that because there are less items for the program to search for, buy time would be faster.

After a week of testing, this is what I found.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Since the whole idea is to increase buy speed by decreasing the amount of items the program searches through, I created several lists that I thought would be most useful/profitable.

List Types
Spoiler

Overall
On average I had to run the program 2 - 3 hours longer with a list than without.
My buy times went from an average of 630-750ms to 450-550ms.
Fastest buy time with the list was around 400ms, slowest was 680ms. 
When testing the lists above, I successfully bought the item 100% of the time.
On average I purchased 3-4 items per day compared to 4-5 using the database.
Despite that, I made more NPs with the list than without.

Please note that these are my experiences and nothing more. I've heard of people having slower buy times with lists, but that wasn't my experience. That being said, I live across the country from Neo, have a slow computer, and have always struggle to get fast buy times, especially with the attic. For anyone who would like to give the lists a try though, here they are.

Also if anyone has any suggestions for other lists that would be profitable, just let me know. :)

Attached Files

#2 woah23

woah23
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

That's awesome!!! 

#3 Chrysii

Chrysii
  • 54 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Thank you for this. 

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

Out of rep.

Good job. I'll be trying out your list and giving updates.

#5 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

You get stuff with 450-550ms buy times? oO I'm usually around 550ms and when there are more people online I don't get anything at all. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll try out a manual list :)

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'd be interested in seeing the difference in buy times over a longer period to see if it evens itself out.

#7 Mikali

Mikali
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Thanks so much for the lists!  I've earned quite a bit using them :) +rep

#8 Turkeyducks

Turkeyducks
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

You get stuff with 450-550ms buy times? oO I'm usually around 550ms and when there are more people online I don't get anything at all. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll try out a manual list :)

I've gotten several rare items (some in the millions) with those buy times, but it helps a lot to adjust the refresh time. I was missing nearly everything before changing it to :50-:05. 

I'd be interested in seeing the difference in buy times over a longer period to see if it evens itself out.

I'm interested in this too, as well as if other users have similar results. I would have tested it longer, but the five item limit paired with the need to run the program for 2+ additional hours made it difficult. I do still get some buy times of around 650ms, but the average right now is 455ms. 

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm interested in this too, as well as if other users have similar results. I would have tested it longer, but the five item limit paired with the need to run the program for 2+ additional hours made it difficult. I do still get some buy times of around 650ms, but the average right now is 455ms.

It would be good to see the data taking place on the same day (preferably close in time to each other) too in order to rule out some normal connection speed fluctuations.

#10 Revan79

Revan79
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Gives plus 1 rep

#11 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm finding it hard to believe that you own a computer that shaves off 200ms from looking through a list.  However I guess if your computer is slow enough it's possible.  Good optimization for dem slow comps.

Either that or Abrosia is retarded when it looks through lists.

#12 Mikali

Mikali
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

So it's normal to buy something at 345 ms?  I got scared when I saw this time and stopped Abrosia...

#13 xkhaleesi

xkhaleesi
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Anyone not from US/Canada here that ABs in attic? What kind of times do you get?

#14 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

^3000ms buy times. >_< my profit margin is 10k. duh.

EDIT- + REP. The list reduced my buy times by over a second. 1.7k ms now. :D

Edited by grapes, 05 April 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#15 Deathscythe

Deathscythe
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Great post, I'm going to try this out

#16 Turkeyducks

Turkeyducks
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

I'm finding it hard to believe that you own a computer that shaves off 200ms from looking through a list.  However I guess if your computer is slow enough it's possible.  Good optimization for dem slow comps.

Either that or Abrosia is retarded when it looks through lists.

My computer is awful so that might be the case. It won't even turn on unless it's in safe mode. :( 

So it's normal to buy something at 345 ms?  I got scared when I saw this time and stopped Abrosia...

I've regularly bought things from the igloo at speeds around that before without problem, so I'd assume it would be fine with the attic. You can always adjust the settings if you want it to go a little slower though. 

^3000ms buy times. >_< my profit margin is 10k. duh.

EDIT- + REP. The list reduced my buy times by over a second. 1.7k ms now. :D

Glad it's working for you. :) I've noticed that the smaller lists tend to have faster buy speeds too, but it's usually only by a few ms. 

#17 xkhaleesi

xkhaleesi
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

This is interesting I might try out a few of your lists. Thanks :)

#18 Jiayu

Jiayu
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm going to try this out. Thanks for putting the lists together for us! I'm really interested to see how much of a difference this makes for people.

#19 CFaLLs

CFaLLs
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

When looking through your list, your list were missing many valuable items tho, so the database in my opinion will work better

#20 idividebyzero

idividebyzero
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

You are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aaa, attic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users