Store credit/other suggestion

pew pew

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

Hey! I was wondering... would it be possible to have an option to purchase store credit? I feel that it would be ALOT easier to Trade with 'other' via store credit, then other methods. I don't have a paypal account, so it is difficult for me to make purchases in 'other'. If we could convert our money from my bank acc into store credit this would open up opportunities for people without paypal to buy stuff =P. It would not only make things simpler, but not charge a transaction fee. It would also make buying advanced membership simpler as well, without having to access paypal or your bank account every time.

I read (somewhere) that we can ask our store credit to be paid as cash into our paypals, so why not this =P

NOTE: I'm actually not 100% sure we can't buy store credit, because the store section is really weird. Aside from the 3 featured products, if i click Popular/latest, it takes me to the main forums page. This also occurs if I click View as List, so sorry if this already exists!

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

You actually can buy store credit :p
It's actually the "Gift Voucher" section, perhaps it could be renamed to specify that because I agree that's a little confusing to navigate.

Edit: Should also add that I am not entirely sure how it works in regards to transferring money directly from your bank account, or if that is even available. I'll let someone else address that part.

#3 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

You actually can buy store credit :p
It's actually the "Gift Voucher" section, perhaps it could be renamed to specify that because I agree that's a little confusing to navigate.

Edit: Should also add that I am not entirely sure how it works in regards to transferring money directly from your bank account, or if that is even available. I'll let someone else address that part.

Thats correct. The gift voucher will give you store credit that you can pass around to friends or traders by means of a voucher code. You can enter that voucher code to redeem that store credit.

As for direct bank transfers, we currently don't support that. There are a bunch of security concerns that come along with adding such functionality that we don't want or have time to deal with. We go through payment processors instead. If you don't have paypal, is there something that you do have that you can use? I'd be happy to set something up if there were people who wanted to use it.

#4 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Thats correct. The gift voucher will give you store credit that you can pass around to friends or traders by means of a voucher code. You can enter that voucher code to redeem that store credit.

As for direct bank transfers, we currently don't support that. There are a bunch of security concerns that come along with adding such functionality that we don't want or have time to deal with. We go through payment processors instead. If you don't have paypal, is there something that you do have that you can use? I'd be happy to set something up if there were people who wanted to use it.

Does this mean I would be able to buy a gift voucher for myself...? LOL. Also, what I meant was credit/debit account, not 'bank' account. I assumed they were the same thing, my bad!

I went through the send a gift bit, and it seemed to all be working fine. I just wanted to make sure, I CAN send a gift to myself right? Also, how long would the delay time between when I pay, and when I get my store credit be? thanks!

How come my post went before yours as well? O.o

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Does this mean I would be able to buy a gift voucher for myself...? LOL. Also, what I meant was credit/debit account, not 'bank' account. I assumed they were the same thing, my bad!

I went through the send a gift bit, and it seemed to all be working fine. I just wanted to make sure, I CAN send a gift to myself right? Also, how long would the delay time between when I pay, and when I get my store credit be? thanks!

How come my post went before yours as well? O.o

Yep, you can buy a gift voucher and use it for yourself. There's nothing stopping you from doing that but I don't see why you would since you can just pay at that the time of purchase too :p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users