Photo

Samsung or Apple

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Who holds the future of mobile? Or is it someone else?

#2 CFaLLs

CFaLLs
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Where is the option for Google. But anyone other than Apple, there is a reason their stock is down 35% within the last couple of month, and they have steadily been losing market-share in the smart phone market.

Edited by CFaLLs, 09 April 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#3 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

In asia, most people have swapped over to galaxy s3 or note 2

#4 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

I love Apple and my Macbook pro but I am not going to be in denial about how shitty their mobile phones are. Every generation of iPhone is the same. Nothing innovative except a few tweaks here and there. The service at Apple sucks with regards to mobile phones from my own personal experience. I have been playing with my fiance's Samsung Galaxy s3 for a while and I love it and when I can I will be making the switch to Android phones. It seems to be the case everyone is growing tired of Apple anyways, so.

#5 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

I used to own an iphone, iphone 3G and iphone 3GS ( in that order ). I recently have a samsung S2 since of august 2012 and it does the job, is less fragile and I don't feel worried about losing it ( since I bought it cheap )

no more apple for me, except for laptops

#6 daniboo

daniboo
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

I love my S3.  That being said, if you feel like buying overpriced, but gorgeous, hardware, Apple is definitely the way to go for laptops.

#7 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

I love my S3.  That being said, if you feel like buying overpriced, but gorgeous, hardware, Apple is definitely the way to go for laptops.

Have you seen some of Samsung's more recent laptops (ultrabooks or whatever people call them nowadays)? Beautiful laptops aren't really Apple exclusive nowadays, heck even Google's Pixel Chromebook looks rather pretty.

#8 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I've had an S2 for over a year and i love it, when i use my mates iphones it just feels shit. Plus Samsung sponsor Chelsea, so of course its the best.

#9 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

I've had an S2 for over a year and i love it, when i use my mates iphones it just feels shit. Plus Samsung sponsor Chelsea, so of course its the best.

Fuck Chelsea, Liverpool 5ever.

#10 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Fuck Chelsea, Liverpool 5ever.

Oh god, there's nothing worse than a scouser. Btw that S2 i mentioned, it's actually a shitty old nokia so dont bother tryina steal it

#11 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Oh god, there's nothing worse than a scouser. Btw that S2 i mentioned, it's actually a shitty old nokia so dont bother tryina steal it

Omg ur so wrong u must be like arman or smth

#12 ozlior

ozlior
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

Here in the EU Apple is more liked but almost everyone has a Samsung mobile xD

#13 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Samsung = Stark Industries

Apple = Hammer Industries

real talk though the S4 is streets ahead

Edited by Scot, 20 May 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#14 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'm going back to RIM when my iPhone 5 breaks.

That being said, iOS 7 and the new phone needs to crush it for Apple to succeed, and Samsung phones need to start being seeing as a luxury phone like the iPhone is. 

#15 Valmont0621

Valmont0621
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

i prefer android and the performance of a Samsung phone and think it holds up over time.  I'm slightly biased in that I truly dislike Apple.

#16 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

I'm really hoping firefox OS takes off. Would be nice to have some other stuff besides Android/iOS in the phone market (RIM's basically only has a market in Northern America). Windows Phones are kind of hit and miss, since Nokia is a Finnish company a lot of nearby countries and the Finns themselves stay true to Nokia and Nokia like has a deal with Windows Phone OS, so that's some added competition, though in the grand scale it's minimal.

#17 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

I like my iPhone simply cause I have small ass hands and most of the latest Samsung phones are too big for me to use comfortably. I'm using a 4, will probs get a 5 soon. But I jailbreak it, so I get a nice amount of use from it. Also I don't like Windows because I really hate their GUI. The tiles thing piss me off.

#18 Smashley

Smashley
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Anything but Apple. Apple phones are currently, in my opinion, one of the worst brands on the market.

#19 flea

flea
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Love my S4 to death.. never was a fan of how restrictive Apple products are.

#20 Rainbow

Rainbow
  • Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain

• 184 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

Apple sacrifices too much for form. There should be more balance between function and form to make something that can be called a mobile phone. I believe Samsung currently has found the right balance.

That said, it annoys me how every mobile manufacturer has their own version of the G Play store. How many times does a user have to sign up for ABA - ANOTHER BLOODY ACCOUNT 

#21 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

Actually, the electronics market is most difficult to predict since technology advance at a really fast rate. Samsung and Apple may be dominating at the moment. But there could be a lot of other possibilities in the future, Google, Sony and Windows Phone are also getting more popular.

#22 cashmereoxford

cashmereoxford
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

^agree, people seem to rule out google early on but if you look at rate of innovation they are a force to be reckoned with. Apple does have good marketing though and has managed to create a great image and label for themselves that people can't seem to let go. Their stuff is aesthetically nice, but its true that in regards to innovation...debatable how much is real and how much is self generated hype.

#23 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

The mobile phone industry moves pretty quickly; it would be a mistake to think that Apple or Samsung are the only two contenders. It wasn't too long ago that the top mobile phone manufacturers were at various points in time Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Blackberry, and HTC. It takes just 2-3 years to dominate the market and win over customers to your brand, like Samsung did with the Galaxy S series.

#24 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Blackberry is making a comeback </sarcasm>

But seriously tho, I have an S3 and it feels fast, powerful and user-freindly, miles ahead of what Apple has to offer

#25 Hummingway

Hummingway
  • 433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Samsung. Apple's strength lies in its aesthetic appeal and its emphasis on the little things. Jobs never invented anything, nor did he provide any innovations. He just laid back, waited for other competitors to produce new functions and went, "What is the coolest way I can implement this?" However, that's not working as well anymore as Samsung etc are obviously coming to a balance between functionality and aesthetic appeal, a better balance than Apple has ever had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users