• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

I think Apple, but I like my S3 too.

#27 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

I've always been an apple guy; computer, tv, phone, laptops, ect. but really starting to think about the switch to the S4.. my phones been freezing a lot, battery is garbage too. Don't know if the S4 is any better but at least I can download movies directly to it and wireless stream it through my TV.

#28 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

News: someone leaked the designs for the new champagne gold iphone 5s and the blue iphone 5c as well. perhaps apple is becoming more like samsung and releasing more models?

#29 SunnyLax

SunnyLax
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Although not a fan of Macs, I do support apple for their iphones.

#30 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Apple is more expensive, and you have to buy all programs... So I prefer Samsung

#31 Sayrah

Sayrah
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

I prefer Samsung, even though my Samsung phone is about the bite the dust. I am just stubborn and not willing to give up my unlimited data plan for some terrible 2GB a month plan when I use a lot more than that and don't want to have to pay for the next GB amount.

Edited by Sayrah, 29 September 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#32 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

I prefer the Android OS on Samsung phones. But the battery life's terrible unless you either have an expensive phone or you seriously underclock. I'd rather just buy a second-hand, old iPhone (like the 3 or 4) for half the price of an S4 and get great performance + battery life.

#33 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

Apple is pretty, but I find Android to be more functional, customisable, and fun for me, so between the two, I'd have to pick Samsung.

That being said, I have a LG Nexus 4, and I love the thing, and most things Google/vanilla android, so I'm quite biased.

#34 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Now that Jobs is gone, pretty hard to say. I think Samsung is catching up to Apple.

#35 Boochi

Boochi
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

I have been using Apple iPhone/iPad products for the longest time and now I'm thinking of switching to Samsung Note 3 just for bigger screen. I'm getting sick of Apple design and every new updates are making the phones slower than it already is. Steve Jobs needs to come back :(

#36 futurama52

futurama52
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Apple gets my vote.

#37 anyhow321

anyhow321
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Im using a S4 now. Was using an IPhone 4. Thinking of switching to the gold 5S. 

Apple- Design

Samsung- Specs.

Apple needs to step up and release a beautiful 5inches, waterproof with 13mp camera. In Gold please its beautiful

#38 gemificus

gemificus
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

i used to have iphones thought it was great, but then i found android it's the new love of my life... ok that's a bit extreme but yeah i like android better 

#39 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

Amazon.

Sorry this doesn't really answer your question, but that company looks like it's gonna be in most big tech markets relatively soon. :/

At least in my opinion.  :rolleyes:

(But for now, iPhones are the way to go. I have an s4 now and really not comparable to even my old iPhone 4s..)

Edited by HappyAccident, 03 December 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#40 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Apple all the way. While it seems to be 50 50 now (almost everyone I know has a galaxy or iphone4+), I prefer the iPhone simply due to appeal and UI. Just my opinion, of course, but obviously Apple is better (smirk)

#41 fishyrawr1

fishyrawr1
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Samsung (or pretty much any brand that isn't Apple). With Samsung and Android, I love being able to customize things to my liking (given that I'm also an Android developer). Apple is just so restrictive.

#42 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

Samsung (or pretty much any brand that isn't Apple). With Samsung and Android, I love being able to customize things to my liking (given that I'm also an Android developer). Apple is just so restrictive.

Can you elaborate a little more? I've never used a galaxy, but if there was enough of a reason I might consider switching.

#43 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

samsung cuz asian pride, wohoo!

#44 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

samsung cuz asian pride, wohoo!

Is there something I'm missing? Samsung != typical Asian choice of cellular device O_o?

Edited by L33T, 07 December 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#45 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

Is there something I'm missing? Samsung != typical Asian choice of cellular device O_o?

i don't have any statistics to back me up  but i believe that's the case. at least in malaysia where i live. people are so into korean culture and technologies these days.

#46 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

i don't have any statistics to back me up  but i believe that's the case. at least in malaysia where i live. people are so into korean culture and technologies these days.

Gotcha, okay yeah that makes sense I guess. Just threw me off because I know a lot of asians with iPhones :p.

Edited by L33T, 07 December 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#47 fishyrawr1

fishyrawr1
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

Can you elaborate a little more? I've never used a galaxy, but if there was enough of a reason I might consider switching.

Here are some of the personal reasons why I stick to Samsung (or Android phones in general):

• Price. You can usually get more for less compared to an iPhone. I always tell my friends this: "why buy an expensive iPhone when you can get something else with more power at a lesser price? You're only paying for the Apple logo at the back"
  • Customizability. Android's UI can get minor to major changes depending on the vendor, which usually works out well. In terms of apps, you can also choose to use other apps instead of the stock apps that come with your phone, you're not limited to just using the messaging app that came with your phone. 
  • Lesser constraints. I can develop and run my own apps without much fuss. Also, you are not limited to only downloading apps that are in the native store. You just need the package file, tick an option that enables non-market downloaded apps, open it on your phone and you're good to go. It's not that straightforward on an Apple.
  • Some phones are more abuse and/or klutz-tolerant (right term? IDK lol). I've dropped my Galaxy down stairs and on concrete a lot of times yet the only thing I've had to deal with are deep scratches and dents here and there. My friend's iPhone broke when he dropped it on concrete at waist height on our way to Volleyball practice.
  • Getting more done in less time. Until very recently, Apple didn't have access to shortcuts like quick toggles to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or music commands. Android has had that for a very long time. In Android, there are also a number home screen widgets you can use. You can also put in shortcuts to apps here for easy access.

#48 Kau

Kau
  • 261 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

Apple. I own an iPhone, so my alliance is set :p

#49 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Here are some of the personal reasons why I stick to Samsung (or Android phones in general):

• Price. You can usually get more for less compared to an iPhone. I always tell my friends this: "why buy an expensive iPhone when you can get something else with more power at a lesser price? You're only paying for the Apple logo at the back"
  • Customizability. Android's UI can get minor to major changes depending on the vendor, which usually works out well. In terms of apps, you can also choose to use other apps instead of the stock apps that come with your phone, you're not limited to just using the messaging app that came with your phone. 
  • Lesser constraints. I can develop and run my own apps without much fuss. Also, you are not limited to only downloading apps that are in the native store. You just need the package file, tick an option that enables non-market downloaded apps, open it on your phone and you're good to go. It's not that straightforward on an Apple.
  • Some phones are more abuse and/or klutz-tolerant (right term? IDK lol). I've dropped my Galaxy down stairs and on concrete a lot of times yet the only thing I've had to deal with are deep scratches and dents here and there. My friend's iPhone broke when he dropped it on concrete at waist height on our way to Volleyball practice.
  • Getting more done in less time. Until very recently, Apple didn't have access to shortcuts like quick toggles to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or music commands. Android has had that for a very long time. In Android, there are also a number home screen widgets you can use. You can also put in shortcuts to apps here for easy access.

Those are actually really appealing qualities. Props for explaining them really well too. +rep :) There have to be downsides though?

#50 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Those are actually really appealing qualities. Props for explaining them really well too. +rep :) There have to be downsides though?

You can't see photostream with all your iPhriends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users