Samsung or Apple

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

You can't see photostream with all your iPhriends.

Fortunately I have little interest in photo-related stuff other than taking pictures occasionally.

#52 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

I don't like Apple phones because of the concealed file system. It's all too restricted for me. Otherwise, they make top notch stuff, if a little pricey.

#53 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

I don't like Apple phones because of the concealed file system. It's all too restricted for me. Otherwise, they make top notch stuff, if a little pricey.

Aren't there ways to make it "visible" ;)

#54 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

Another neg for apple would be @IMMOREATTRACTIVETHANCODY claims to work for apple.

#55 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

Another neg for apple would be @IMMOREATTRACTIVETHANCODY claims to work for apple.

Yes, please chime in whenever @IMMOREATTRACTIVETHANCODY. :D

#56 fishyrawr1

fishyrawr1
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Those are actually really appealing qualities. Props for explaining them really well too. +rep :) There have to be downsides though?

As for the downsides, these are the most common:

• Too many devices. Basically, since there are a lot of vendors and specs for Android phones, phones can range from low-high end phones. Samsung alone has at least 10 Android devices with differing specs.  With Apple, the only diversity there is: "Do you have an iPhone 5?" "No, just a 4S."
  • A device can get "old" fast. Google's pretty quick with releasing new Android versions. If you really want to have the latest version: your device must support it, and the vendor must support/develop it too. High-end phones usually get these first, while mid and low-end phones have a 50/50 chance of them getting the latest version of Android. Again, diversity. However, third-party developers try their best to port and improve Android versions (ROMs) for both new and old devices. 
  • As far as the non-market application installs go, there may be harmful programs too, but these shouldn't be a problem if the user takes enough care with what he/she installs. 

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by fishyrawr1, 08 December 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#57 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

As for the downsides, these are the most common:

• Too many devices. Basically, since there are a lot of vendors and specs for Android phones, phones can range from low-high end phones. Samsung alone has at least 10 Android devices with differing specs.  With Apple, the only diversity there is: "Do you have an iPhone 5?" "No, just a 4S."
  • A device can get "old" fast. Google's pretty quick with releasing new Android versions. If you really want to have the latest version: your device must support it, and the vendor must support/develop it too. High-end phones usually get these first, while mid and low-end phones have a 50/50 chance of them getting the latest version of Android. Again, diversity. However, third-party developers try their best to port and modify Android versions (ROMs) for both new and old devices. 
  • As far as the non-market application installs go, there may be harmful programs too, but these shouldn't be a problem if the user takes enough care with what he/she installs. 

That's all I can think of for now.

Not too bad. Thanks for taking the time to write all of these out +rep again :)

#58 foundation

foundation
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

Samsung. Apple and their Iphone are not practical for people with big hands. 

#59 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

Samsung, once you go 4.8" you'll never go back

#60 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

Samsung, once you go 4.8" you'll never go back

I mean, I don't know. Personally, I enjoy my 6.5" ;)

Edited by L33T, 09 December 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#61 Rtynnie

Rtynnie
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

I recently bought a Galaxy Note 3 after the Iphone 4S. It's so much better I can't imagine taking my 4S back. 

#62 chadlime

chadlime
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

It'll be a while, but I think Samsung will take over the market. Apple is just really overpriced for some features that both companies have.

#63 fishyrawr1

fishyrawr1
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

One of my favorite comics from The Oatmeal.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/app

Apple. Samsung has many questionable practices...

http://bgr.com/2013/...ing-banned-htc/

http://www.informati...d/d-id/1109558?

http://appleinsider....ge-sum-of-money

The last one... Samsung admits they copied some design aspects from the iPhone...

Let's not forget who stole from who...

http://mashable.com/...e-stolen-ideas/

http://www.dailytech...rticle25277.htm

Edited by fishyrawr1, 08 January 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#64 dragonsblood

dragonsblood
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Samsung all the way... or Google to be specific. They are much more innovative than Apple is at this point... I feel that many people get the iPhone and other Apple products because they are 1. expensive thus appeal to other people when you take it out in the middle of class or something 2. it has a very modern and fashionable look  3. a lot of people have it, thus others think they should have it too when in reality, Google makes awesome phones. I love my S4 and it's gorilla glass and uber fast processor. KTHX.

#65 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Apple's app store and apps are still the largest and easiest to use

#66 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

I want a samsung phone so bad. iPhones are cool but their insurance plans are basically robbery which sucks considering 80% of the iPhone users I know have a cracked screen.

#67 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

I want a samsung phone so bad. iPhones are cool but their insurance plans are basically robbery which sucks considering 80% of the iPhone users I know have a cracked screen.

Getting a protective case and not throwing it around may drastically help the situation :D But seriously, cases actually do make a huge difference

Yes get a protective case, I used my iphone 5 since the year it realise, and I never crack my screen. I drop it a lot of times though

#68 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

I shattered the front screen of my iPhone last year... but I didn't really have the best case for it either. I did get a new phone out of it because I was two weeks away from an upgrade when it happened. I still have problems with my iPhone though. For example, when my phone gets cold it does thing weird thing that I really don't know how to explain. 

Either way, I've seen plenty of Samsung phones that are cracked though. I really think that's just a matter of what you're doing and if your phone has a good protective case. Too bad the good cases are expensive and ugly. 

#69 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

I shattered the front screen of my iPhone last year... but I didn't really have the best case for it either. I did get a new phone out of it because I was two weeks away from an upgrade when it happened. I still have problems with my iPhone though. For example, when my phone gets cold it does thing weird thing that I really don't know how to explain. 

Either way, I've seen plenty of Samsung phones that are cracked though. I really think that's just a matter of what you're doing and if your phone has a good protective case. Too bad the good cases are expensive and ugly. 

Those big ugly iphone bulletproof case  :o you can drop it into toilet bowl and it still works ;)

Edited by Best, 01 February 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#70 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

Those big ugly iphone bulletproof case  :o you can drop it into toilet bowl and it still works ;)

With liquipel you also can drop your iphone into the toilet bowl and you don't even need a case :p

Edited by iKate, 02 February 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#71 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Ugly or fashionably bulky :p Other smartphones are just as easily susceptible to having cracked screens :p

I really like those waterproof phone case though, so you can text when you are sitting in the washroom.... and worry-free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users