• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#26 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

from what ive gathered they revamped the battledome and are attempting to make it playable from mobile :)

Is the Battledome Flash though? Because Adobe seems to be cutting Flash support for android devices:/ I have a Nexus 4, and although the screen is really good, its almost impossible to navigate the site easily with the drop down navigation, and flash maps :/ (I have tried changing the Map settings, but it still didn't seem to work :( )

#27 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

Is the Battledome Flash though?

Nope, it should work fine on computers and tablets.

#28 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Nope, it should work fine on computers and tablets.

Ohkay, I think I'll try that out then :D

---

And so it does work :D Its not too bad on a phone either xD

#29 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

But the old Battledome wasn't Flash either. The new one just doesn't look that retro anymore but it doesn't fix any compatibility issues (because there weren't any when we talk about browsers).

#30 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'll say that it's here to last for awhile, probably beyond 5 years. Since neopets is a largely low-cost website with higher returns than its monthly costs (low staff counts definitely helps), I'm guessing viacom would want to keep up their investment till they break even (at least). It's not going to gain market share due to competitors like skylanders but like someone said neo already got its own niche that it can sustain itself

Man, looking at the 160 million price tag (in real cash) really made me go wow. did viacom really see that much potential in neo

#31 daniboo

daniboo
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

It would probably help them if they decided to stop freezing people left right and centre and instead did more productive things, like introduce more non NC items

#32 Barcodite

Barcodite
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

They are probably targeting the members who do spend hundreds of dollars on NC items. They know that there will be people who will buy every new NC item they come out with, so they are probably focusing on those profits the most.

#33 Tomo

Tomo
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think this site still has some potential. Their strategy with the whole extra pet slot for premium pretty much enticed a lot of people. I've been off neo for almost two years and the difference in the amount of users holding premiums is pretty huge. Just from poking around, a LOT of players are down to pay for NC, especially since the majority have jobs or other means of income. 

Should probably use that damn money to provide us better customer service though. 

#34 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Do you guys think that Neopets Customer Service is ever going to improve?

#35 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

I smell more cash item/event integration, giving NC users an unfair advantage, like most "free to play" games these days

I wish NC never came to be... all those stupid holiday items are going to sit in my SDB forever

Do you guys think that Neopets Customer Service is ever going to improve?

Absolutely not.

#36 thefish

thefish
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

the whole survival of Neopets is based on NC and Premium cash flow, if they released lesser NC items the game would be shut down due to lack of profits :)

so yea, it is the very act of making NC items and focusing a lot on premium/cash content that keeps the game a float

a player that has invested 3000 hours is worth less then a player that has invested $3000

#37 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

the whole survival of Neopets is based on NC and Premium cash flow, if they released lesser NC items the game would be shut down due to lack of profits :)

so yea, it is the very act of making NC items and focusing a lot on premium/cash content that keeps the game a float

a player that has invested 3000 hours is worth less then a player that has invested $3000

Dwight-Schrute-False.jpg

I won't deny the fact that the profit coming in from NC is a part of the reason they keep their heads above water, but to say it would be shut down without it is a little absurd...

TNT got by for years and years on ad revenue alone, NC was just a way to crank up the income a notch.

Edited by aNEWvision, 25 April 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#38 thefish

thefish
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Neopets would go under without NC

This is due to the fact that they have been acquired by a large corporation, if you don't generate enough profits, the game will get tossed

Profits alone is not enough, it needs to be a cash cow

#39 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Neopets would go under without NC

This is due to the fact that they have been acquired by a large corporation, if you don't generate enough profits, the game will get tossed

Profits alone is not enough, it needs to be a cash cow

Yes, I understand that. That is the reason for the inevitable demise. I would say it was a foolish thing to sell, but whatshisface was done with it and decided to hand it over.

I am talking prior to the acquisition, they were doing just fine, but they had to turn it into a cash cow, and it's only worth holding on to if it's making x amount of dollars a y

People won't be buying backgrounds and wings forever.

#40 thefish

thefish
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well i cant say if the game will last forever, but in its current state, the game is going strong :)

Well if they come up with more items like the Faerie/Training School/Lab Ray Cookies the game could go on forever if they wanted to

People will pay for cosmetics and will pay for advantage till the end of time

I say this because i am part of that demographic and that crowd

I enjoy spending a bulk of my income on pixels and that's what keeping games like this alive :)

#41 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Well i cant say if the game will last forever, but in its current state, the game is going strong :)

Well if they come up with more items like the Faerie/Training School/Lab Ray Cookies the game could go on forever if they wanted to

People will pay for cosmetics and will pay for advantage till the end of time

I say this because i am part of that demographic and that crowd

I enjoy spending a bulk of my income on pixels and that's what keeping games like this alive :)

Of course people will continue to pay for advantage, but like I said originally, it will become like most other free to play games. Players who don't pay will grow tired of the blatant disadvantage they are at for not spending money on something they have no interest in shelling out for (I, being one of those people, and I'm sure I'm not alone) and eventually stop playing.

Why would this STILL eventually lead to the end?? You may be asking yourself.

Well, the people who are paying will have no one to compete with but others who pay as well, and the competitive aspects (having the coolest/strongest/cutest pet, or whatever the hell) will turn into a money spending competition, which is a pretty lame game if you ask me.

But this would take a LOOOOOOONG time, and this is assuming they just continue to try and milk this thing dry. There are some things that can be changed to save it of course.

Edited by aNEWvision, 25 April 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#42 Aerophoria

Aerophoria
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

As long as people keep buying a decent amount of NC I doubt they'll shut it down.. And even then I think someone out there would at least try to buy it.

#43 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I think despite all of our bluster, we all secretly want neo to survive

cause there's always a place for abrosia this way

#44 dreamersss

dreamersss
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

They have to maintain their servers which cost money. However people are buying nc which gives them money to host their server which means that they are still in profit. Therefore while people continue to spend, neo will continue to strive

#45 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

People won't be buying backgrounds and wings forever.

I think you underestimate people.  When the NC Mall first came out many people said it would never work.  It worked.  When they came out with plushies in stores, people said no one will buy them, they did.  Heck, I sold those suckers on ebay.  

People who bought wings and backgrounds 5 years ago are still buying them now.  Why would they suddenly simply stop?

#46 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

I think you underestimate people.  When the NC Mall first came out many people said it would never work.  It worked.  When they came out with plushies in stores, people said no one will buy them, they did.  Heck, I sold those suckers on ebay.  

People who bought wings and backgrounds 5 years ago are still buying them now.  Why would they suddenly simply stop?

I fucking love wings and backgrounds...

#47 thefish

thefish
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

im addicted to magical fortune cookies D:

and also dem capsules are addictive =w=

#48 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

I think despite all of our bluster, we all secretly want neo to survive

cause there's always a place for abrosia this way

I'm sure here at Neocodex, we do, but what about this?

That's true, but when all of them grow up, (i.e. 30-40 years) what then? Will there be a whole new generation of kids that want to play?

#49 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

I'm sure here at Neocodex, we do, but what about this?

That's true, but when all of them grow up, (i.e. 30-40 years) what then? Will there be a whole new generation of kids that want to play?

There are many "grown ups" playing daily.  I'm one  (and by the way, thank you so much for using that term instead of old :D )  and most of my neofriends are in that group and way older.  

#50 mazz

mazz
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

I have noticed that waaaaay more people who play neopets are actually older now and like some people said, have some more money to play around with. originally I didn't buy neocash at all but as the years went on...I really enjoy buying it and playing the NC games! better customer service would be awesome, but hey, i still think it's a pretty good game, and honestly...hasn't gone downhill as much as everyone says it has.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: where, is, neopets, heading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users