The Future of Neopets

where is neopets heading

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

I have noticed that waaaaay more people who play neopets are actually older now and like some people said, have some more money to play around with. originally I didn't buy neocash at all but as the years went on...I really enjoy buying it and playing the NC games! better customer service would be awesome, but hey, i still think it's a pretty good game, and honestly...hasn't gone downhill as much as everyone says it has.

I guess that makes sense. If Neopets lasts for atleast 5 more years (To screw around with during college) I'd be happy.

#52 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Savy is correct :) what supports and keeps all games going isnt active players, nor popularity, its simply cash flow. you only need a small group of dedicated players that are willing to spend money to keep neopets going ^^

and since im an avid NCer and so are a few of my friends, Neopets has a bright future :)

ive currently spent maybe $500? which is quite a small sum compared to the rest i spend on some games and my friend has spent over $3000 in the recent years :)

at least if neopets keeps churning out content for us i hope to keep it alive for as long as i live!

100NC to access SDB

25NC to make a bank withdrawal

what now

#53 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

100NC to access SDB

25NC to make a bank withdrawal

what now

*Shudder* NOOOOO

#54 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

Gasp! Coco Roll makes a come back!

I just want the avatar dangit.

Why didn't you get it the last time it was around? I still have it for most of my accounts.

#55 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

Why didn't you get it the last time it was around? I still have it for most of my accounts.

Because I was very young kid who got his account frozen.

Duh.

#56 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Because I was very young kid who got his account frozen.

Duh.

It's an ugly avatar that no one uses anyway, so don't worry about it

#57 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

On the contrary, I have seen some very good Neoboard fonts featuring the coco roller avatar.

#58 mazz

mazz
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

i like the coco roller avatar :(

and yeah i really dont know why tnt hasnt made a mobile version yet, seeing how popular the ios and everything is now

#59 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

It will come with time. It's surprising that they've not already reinstated it even at it's most basic it was an effective money maker.

#60 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

It will come with time. It's surprising that they've not already reinstated it even at it's most basic it was an effective money maker.

Sometimes I wonder if there are even people running Neopets, let alone care about their job. Do you guys think the staff at TNT actually care about Neopets?

#61 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

They say that they do.

#62 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

They say that they do.

Adding on: They also say that BD Beta players will get a reward ''next week". <--- stated in November 2012

I gave up believing their word. Your expectations won't be crushed when you believe TNT is actually a fat cat stuck in a scratching post. How does a cat get stuck in a scratching post? Ask TNT, but then again, they won't give you an answer. 

#63 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Adding on: They also say that BD Beta players will get a reward ''next week". <--- stated in November 2012

I gave up believing their word. Your expectations won't be crushed when you believe TNT is actually a fat cat stuck in a scratching post. How does a cat get stuck in a scratching post? Ask TNT, but then again, they won't give you an answer. 

Wow. That is probably the best explanation anyone has given me about TNT. Intelligence.

#64 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

i like the coco roller avatar :(

and yeah i really dont know why tnt hasnt made a mobile version yet, seeing how popular the ios and everything is now

On the contrary, I have seen some very good Neoboard fonts featuring the coco roller avatar.

Have you guys seen the avatar? Looks like a pregnant shoyru fetching coconuts. I have very high standards when it comes to pixels

#65 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Have you guys seen the avatar? Looks like a pregnant shoyru fetching coconuts. I have very high standards when it comes to pixels

8-bit doesn't have standards.

#66 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Lawl.

My Shoryu feels offended. That's ok, he's on my shell lol.

#67 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

it's cool on paper but in practice its kinda horrible

#68 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

I'm sure here at Neocodex, we do, but what about this?

That's true, but when all of them grow up, (i.e. 30-40 years) what then? Will there be a whole new generation of kids that want to play?

That is the problem, I was babysitting a kid some evenings, and I tried to make him an account, he seemed really interested on paint brushes but lost his interest because you've got to click for everything, unlike games like Club Penguin or Moshi Monsters where you can control your avatar n stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if there are even people running Neopets, let alone care about their job. Do you guys think the staff at TNT actually care about Neopets?

I wonder that too, TNT could be lets say a couple of people, maybe Dragona, and Numbersix, and Comastar and all those people got sacked long ago...

#69 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Don't talk shit about the cocoroller avatar, plus if you were savvy with your google-fu it was rather easily obtainable (basically a phone emulator and then play the game on that) prior to changing/retiring it.

#70 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Don't talk shit about the cocoroller avatar, plus if you were savvy with your google-fu it was rather easily obtainable (basically a phone emulator and then play the game on that) prior to changing/retiring it.

I actually like the coco roller avatar. It's... unique.

#71 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Does anyone really think any of the "faces" of TNT still work there (i.e. most of the people who appear in the staff tournament like Dragona, Comastar, DJ Skellington, etc.) I feel like they got fired a long time ago and the corporation is using old pictures of Christmas parties, Halloween parties, and all that jazz to make it seem like there ARE fun-loving humans working for Neo. The only evidence that I know of where there are famous staff still working in Neo are the people who appeared in the April Fools joke this year. I feel like once everyone got fired, Neopets is solely a shadow-ran organization 

#72 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Does anyone really think any of the "faces" of TNT still work there (i.e. most of the people who appear in the staff tournament like Dragona, Comastar, DJ Skellington, etc.) I feel like they got fired a long time ago and the corporation is using old pictures of Christmas parties, Halloween parties, and all that jazz to make it seem like there ARE fun-loving humans working for Neo. The only evidence that I know of where there are famous staff still working in Neo are the people who appeared in the April Fools joke this year. I feel like once everyone got fired, Neopets is solely a shadow-ran organization 

That's frickin scary. If that's true, then... then... then... *Terminator Flashback* SKYNET NOOOOO

#73 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Well, the people who are paying will have no one to compete with but others who pay as well, and the competitive aspects (having the coolest/strongest/cutest pet, or whatever the hell) will turn into a money spending competition, which is a pretty lame game if you ask me.

But this would take a LOOOOOOONG time, and this is assuming they just continue to try and milk this thing dry. There are some things that can be changed to save it of course.

Perhaps... however from a personal standpoint I buy NC not to compete with others or to have the "best looking pet" in comparison with other players, but for personal satisfaction. I hardly ever interact with other players, actually - which is another matter I would like to see addressed. Although unlikely, it would be interesting to see a revamp of the boards and communication system as a whole. It would also be nice if TNT catered to their older players... But I feel like I'm day dreaming again. ;P

Anyways, I see the site heading downhill. More and more users complain relentlessly every year and so many loyal users get fucked over. Even the ones who don't pay for premium or NC still generate income with advertisements... I feel like they should still be treated with some sense of worth. There is SO much they could do to turn the site around. The question I've been asking myself for years is why the hell aren't they. I'm leaning towards lack of staff and money as a first priority. The site is in a shitty position. Without innovation, they are doomed. I feel like Neopets is inevitably fucked, but I REALLY hope I'm wrong. :/

Edited by Jabberwock, 01 May 2013 - 01:45 AM.

#74 Charizard

Charizard
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Perhaps... however from a personal standpoint I buy NC not to compete with others or to have the "best looking pet" in comparison with other players, but for personal satisfaction. I hardly ever interact with other players, actually - which is another matter I would like to see addressed. Although unlikely, it would be interesting to see a revamp of the boards and communication system as a whole. It would also be nice if TNT catered to their older players... But I feel like I'm day dreaming again. ;P
Anyways, I see the site heading downhill. More and more users complain relentlessly every year and so many loyal users get fucked over. Even the ones who don't pay for premium or NC still generate income with advertisements... I feel like they should still be treated with some sense of worth. There is SO much they could do to turn the site around. The question I've been asking myself for years is why the hell aren't they. I'm leaning towards lack of staff and money as a first priority. The site is in a shitty position. Without innovation, they are doomed. I feel like Neopets is inevitably fucked, but I REALLY hope I'm wrong. :/

I agree with you. Wait, what if Neocodex members filled in for the decreasing staff? Just a thought, lol. ********* ***** ******* ***** ***.

Edited by Charizard, 01 May 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#75 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

lol Elindoril would make Neopets anime

No I wouldn't.

That's a stupid idea.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: where, is, neopets, heading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users