Quantcast

Photo

Said Hi Already, Thought I'd Do It Here -- Hi!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Pand0rah

Pand0rah
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hello! I've already graced the forum a little bit and started figuring out what works for me in the ways of ABing, etc... It's quite a learning process though and I'm reading every guide (sometimes multiple times). It's a new world and it's actually a lot of fun. I was never a game player. I would try but it was really hard to keep my attention. This is probably the most interested in Neopets I've ever been. More-so, the fact that my account is around 9 years old actually has benefits! I thought that was pretty awesome.

For all of my guide reading, I'm still completely lost as to what I'm doing but oh well. It's been less then a week.

Anyways, I'm 24 (in case anyone was curious) and I'm a Web/Graphic Designer by trade who is currently working as a kind of psuedo-accountant for a few small businesses and doing all of their design work as well. I also play a lot of games on steam and so while I'm working on playing, I now have something to do behind the scenes (ambrosia, money tree grabber, auction sniper).

I made an initial "intro" post elsewhere on the forums as I overlooked this. Apologies for that, I'm apparently blind.

I'd love to make random interweb friends and would love and tips and/or help anyone is willing to offer.

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

:hi:

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Welcome to Codex. If you need any more pointed advice feel free to ask and we'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

#4 Pand0rah

Pand0rah
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Thanks so much! I'll have to figure out the best way to ask questions. I don't want to ask a ton of questions and get obnoxious, so a single question thread of mine might help once I've accumulated a few different ones :) 

#5 Gintoki

Gintoki
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Welcome to Codex.

#6 Mixbc

Mixbc
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Welcome :D

#7 Pand0rah

Pand0rah
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the welcoming, I'm settling in pretty easily here :) 

#8 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Your job sounds interesting. 

BTW what games do you play on Steam?

#9 Pand0rah

Pand0rah
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Your job sounds interesting. 

BTW what games do you play on Steam?

Currently I've been playing a lot of Don't Starve but when I get the itch, I play a lot of TF2/LFD2 and I have a lot of non-multiplayer games in my library .=]

#10 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

I play TF2 a lot too. I've been thinking about getting Don't Starve. Is it good?

#11 Pand0rah

Pand0rah
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

I play TF2 a lot too. I've been thinking about getting Don't Starve. Is it good?

I really like Don't Starve! It's a great "traditional" survival. As in, unless you make the preparations yourself (there's some magic in the game), if you die it's game over. You can save your game as long as you survive but once you die the save is gone. I've survived around 30 days but winter is pretty rough. There is also a good community of modders for it and the company is constantly adding new content -- the just added caves.

I really suggest trying it if you like survival games.

#12 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

I really like Don't Starve! It's a great "traditional" survival. As in, unless you make the preparations yourself (there's some magic in the game), if you die it's game over. You can save your game as long as you survive but once you die the save is gone. I've survived around 30 days but winter is pretty rough. There is also a good community of modders for it and the company is constantly adding new content -- the just added caves.

I really suggest trying it if you like survival games.

So it's one of those games that punishes you as you play it. Whats the learning curve like? I've played Dungeons of Dredmore and it's tough at first. You die easily if you're not careful and it's quite challenging. 

Maybe I will pick up Don't Starve. The game picked up in popularity due to the Steam cards.

#13 Pand0rah

Pand0rah
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

It's kind of punishing but it's honestly just you thrown in to the middle of the wilderness and you start with nothing. Everything is harvestable or collectable and everything is used to make things, like tools so you can cut down trees or mine rocks to make firepits or rabbit traps to catch rabbits to eat. You have a sanity gauge, health gauge and a hunger gauge and all three are important, lol. 

It's really fun but I guess I may be a gaming masochist, lol.

#14 Jhud0ra

Jhud0ra
  • TinyChat Harassment Committee

• 65 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Our names rhyme and you seem neat! Welcome to the Codex dahling.

#15 Pand0rah

Pand0rah
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

O's are overrated, zeros are better :) Thank you for the welcome!

#16 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Don't Starve sounds pretty cool, I may have to look into that one; I primarily play Civ 4 on Steam  but have a number of single-player ones there I enjoy like Dragon Age and Fable).

Nice to meet you. :)

#17 Vibe

Vibe
  • 469 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

Welcome! ooh, web design :o That's what I want to take in college! :p

#18 alphanumeric

alphanumeric
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Welcome to Codex! /totally original