• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

bd_tyweof2013_brainhealjar.gif

Rejuvenating Jar of Brains

Prize from the Obelisk War

Current price on Trading Post: 300k

Heals 60 HP (No overheal)

Alternatives would be Greater Healing Scroll which costs right around the same amount but only heals for 50 HP (No overheal).

As a weapon/healer this is great. As an investment item... it's even better.

What are your thoughts on this addition?

#2 Hummingway

Hummingway
  • 433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

I agree. I bought one recently fearing its price would rise. Initially it was around 50K i think, from memory.

Goddamn, I should have gotten one then >>

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

yay. 10 more hp than greater healing scroll (GHS). woo. Worthless to me.

But in price comparison to GHS and Helm of Recovery, I ain't complaining. There's not much for anyone to say except go for it if you're pet's hp is between 50 and 100 HP.

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

I agree. I bought one recently fearing its price would rise. Initially it was around 50K i think, from memory.

Goddamn, I should have gotten one then >>

Yeah. I remember when TFR ended and the prize shop opened and everyone was trying desperately to unload their Faerie PBs before the value completely plummeted. I bought like 27 Faerie PB's at only 100k~200k. lol

yay. 10 more hp than greater healing scroll (GHS). woo. Worthless to me.

But in price comparison to GHS and Helm of Recovery, I ain't complaining. There's not much for anyone to say except go for it if you're pet's hp is between 50 and 100 HP.

I use Bag of Healing Dust or the Leaded Elemental Vial, depends on which account I'm on. 

#5 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

It's great if you're not using any higher tier healing items or have pets higher than 200 HSD. As someone who doesn't use GHS I loved this. Didn't have to spend 300-500k on a healer.

Wish I stockpiled them though. :p

#6 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

I use Bag of Healing Dust or the Leaded Elemental Vial, depends on which account I'm on. 

Wait, what is that? Is that your epeen showing? I really can't tell because it's pretty small to see. Where's my magnifying glass?

#7 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

It's great if you're not using any higher tier healing items or have pets higher than 200 HSD. As someone who doesn't use GHS I loved this. Didn't have to spend 300-500k on a healer.

Wish I stockpiled them though. :p

You'd be better off using a Multi-Healer imo. Everlasting Crystal Apple will give you more benefits over time.

Wait, what is that? Is that your epeen showing? I really can't tell because it's pretty small to see. Where's my magnifying glass?

That was me being civil with you. Forgot that makes you an ass.

#8 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

I don't get why these are so interesting to people. I mean I admit I hate the battledome and never battle but...

GHS has dropped to ~150k, why waste another 150k just for an additional 10hp?

Edited by Gorix, 22 May 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

I don't get why these are so interesting to people. I mean I admit I hate the battledome and never battle but...

GHS has dropped to ~150k, why waste another 150k just for an additional 10hp?

That 10 HP difference can often spell the difference between victory and defeat.

#10 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

That was me being civil with you. Forgot that makes you an ass.

What do you expect when you randomly boast about what items you have? It wasn't even relevant.

#11 DaBitch

DaBitch
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Aww... It doesn't overheal. I wouldn't pay any extra money for additional 10hp. GHS is good enough for starting players.

KLP is much more beneficial for those with low budget and high Hp and it costs only ~400k.

I also don't expect this item to become more expensive anytime soon. If ever.

#12 Hummingway

Hummingway
  • 433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

What do you expect when you randomly boast about what items you have? It wasn't even relevant.

Talking about good healing items in a thread about whether or not this is a good healing item = not relevant?

#13 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

As a free healer, brilliant. 

If I had to buy one? I'd buy GHS at less than half the price. 

I think, if anything, they'll deflate as people stop battling again. The war inflated battle dome items, and all that will happen is as the war subsides and is forgotten about, they'll tank in value. 

Buy them when the war finished properly for 100k and then resell at the next war. 

#14 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

You'd be better off using a Multi-Healer imo. Everlasting Crystal Apple will give you more benefits over time.

I ain't that rich yet to splurge on BD stuff. And I was told Bracelet of Kings > ECA

#15 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

I ain't that rich yet to splurge on BD stuff. And I was told Bracelet of Kings > ECA

No. Bracelet of Kings is flashy but you only have a 33% chance at healing. Usually it reflects or defends from my experiences.

#16 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

The fact that the upgrade  (SSYT with 75 hp, but with 2.25m) and the downgrade (GHS with 50 hp, 200k) it's definitely a worthwhile buy if your pet has less than 150 hp and doesn't have a species healer. Plus with so many of them out there the price can only stay around that range (it might even go down!)

of course, with abers like us....would a few million matter? emot-v.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users