Photo

The next generation of gaming

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Recently Microsoft unveiled the XBOX ONE, to compete with Sony's PS4 and Nintendo's Wii U.

What do you guys think? Hyped for any one of these devices? Who will win....THE NEXT GENERATION OF GAMING?

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

I refuse to support any device that's saying they will not be in any way backwards compatible. I understand that it's a lot of work but I've invested over a thousand dollars collectively on all of my Xbox 360 games and I do not feel I should have to rebuild my entire collection just because Microsoft doesn't want to take the time to make everything backwards compatible.

#3 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

The fact that literally the ENTIRE UNVEILING of the XBOX ONE can be summed Up in: tv! tv! tv! ESPN! tv! tv! tv! HALO....the TV SHOW! Kinect! Kinect! Cloud! tv! and CALL OF DUTY: DOG does not bode well for me at all....

#4 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

PS4 wins this one. XBOX isn't even for gaming anymore, it's just an added thing.

#5 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Yeah instead of being a gaming console the Xbox: One is an "Entertainment Console."

-_-

The extremity of disappointment I felt after finding out about this drawback still makes my stomach turn.

#6 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

I'm still a Nintendo fanboy.

PS4 is way too costly for me to afford on a college student's budget.

I was leaning towards splurging for the Xbox One but...the lack of backwards compatibility is repulsive.
I'm not paying a fee to play games I already purchased.

#7 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

I refuse to support any device that's saying they will not be in any way backwards compatible. I understand that it's a lot of work but I've invested over a thousand dollars collectively on all of my Xbox 360 games and I do not feel I should have to rebuild my entire collection just because Microsoft doesn't want to take the time to make everything backwards compatible.

I'm still a Nintendo fanboy.

PS4 is way too costly for me to afford on a college student's budget.

I was leaning towards splurging for the Xbox One but...the lack of backwards compatibility is repulsive.
I'm not paying a fee to play games I already purchased.

Why is backwards compatiblility a big deal if you already own an Xbox 360? You don't have to 'rebuild' your collection, you just can't play those games on the new console...? I'm genuinely confused.

The potential for DRM on the new Xbox is troublesome. No used games? If Sony follows suit, then everyone loses.

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

This gen is gonna suck for video games oh my god it's like a competition to see who has the least video games :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

There are so many things wrong with that console I don't even know where to begin hahaha. Poor MS!! It's like they really don't want to succeed this gen. Can't wait to see what sort of games Sony and MS/other companies making PS4 and Xboner games are gonna show at E3 this year though~ If.... they're even gonna show any actual games hahaha.... Good thing we still have Nintendo!!

#9 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

This gen is gonna suck for video games oh my god it's like a competition to see who has the least video games :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

There are so many things wrong with that console I don't even know where to begin hahaha. Poor MS!! It's like they really don't want to succeed this gen. Can't wait to see what sort of games Sony and MS/other companies making PS4 and Xboner games are gonna show at E3 this year though~ If.... they're even gonna show any actual games hahaha.... Good thing we still have Nintendo!!

But MS HAS THE HALO MOVIE ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!! /sarcasm

#10 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Alot of people think that M$ will use the kinect built in on the XBoxOne as a sort of surveillance device ala 1984, and THAT is SCARY. 

PUNY HUMAN, IT APPEARS THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY HALO 5, PLEASE HOLD UP BAG OF DORITOS TO PROCEED

#11 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Alot of people think that M$ will use the kinect built in on the XBoxOne as a sort of surveillance device ala 1984, and THAT is SCARY. 

PUNY HUMAN, IT APPEARS THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY HALO 5, PLEASE HOLD UP BAG OF DORITOS TO PROCEED

1984? What happened? Or is it something I probably know but you really didn't specify lol.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

1984? What happened? Or is it something I probably know but you really didn't specify lol.

The book, 1984, not the year. :p

#13 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

The book, 1984, not the year. :p

Oh, then I have no idea haha.

#14 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

1984 by George Orwell basically describes a world where everyone is under constant watch and privacy and free thought basically don't exist. Terms such as "Big Brother is watching" come from this book

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Oh, then I have no idea haha.

They made it into a film too, perhaps you could try that. :p

#16 ergonio

ergonio
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

i'll stick with my atari for the next generation ;)

#17 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Why is backwards compatiblility a big deal if you already own an Xbox 360? You don't have to 'rebuild' your collection, you just can't play those games on the new console...? I'm genuinely confused.

The potential for DRM on the new Xbox is troublesome. No used games? If Sony follows suit, then everyone loses.

I'd have to either give my Xbox to gamestop (I have a membership there so the extra credit makes it worth it) or sell it.
2broke 4 games.

I'm hoping the WiiU does something to appeal to more mature gamers.

#18 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

i'll stick with my atari for the next generation ;)

Being retro, huh? With all the many pixel-esque games coming out, retro seems to be the new "new"

#19 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm hoping the WiiU does something to appeal to more mature gamers.

Or any gamers.

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Or any gamers.

Yeah the whole mature vs immature gamer argument is not relevant since we're all still gamers that it affects.

#21 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

>Trying to get your console to appeal to "mature gamers"

And now I fully understand why Nintendo doesn't do that shit and just release fun games for fun people hahah :V (like ok I understand there's a bunch of shovelware but its easy enough just ignoring it)

I definitely wouldn't want the GRAPHICS!!!! ADULT GAMES FOR ADULT GAMERS Guns Blood Swearing look how hard we're trying to be cool rOOTY TOOTY POINT N SHOOTY ULTIMATELY THE SAME GAME 50 TIMES WITH DIFFERENT TITLES-loving audience who typically have the mentality of like 12 year olds (most of the time because they actually are 12) flocking to my console alright

Or any gamers.

It's getting games soon though~

Edited by Turnip, 25 May 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#22 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Or any gamers.

Well it does have Pikmin 3 and the next super smash bros in the pipeline, also Nintendo's gonna do a bunch of announcements for E3. But right now, it is just a glossy looking doorstop

#23 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Oh N64 LoZ remakes, where art thou?

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

It's getting games soon though~

I would have thought it would be a better idea to have games lined up for when the console is actually released, getting publicity and doesn't have any next-gen competitors announced rather than several months down the line. :/

#25 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

I would have thought it would be a better idea to have games lined up for when the console is actually released, getting publicity and doesn't have any next-gen competitors announced rather than several months down the line. :/

Yeah it was a bit stupid of them to release it so early  :unsure: Like if they released the Wii U sometime between now and Christmas and had Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2 and the new Super Smash Bros. as launch titles/released sometime near that (and the Wind Waker HD remake and SMT x Fire Emblem a bit later down the road) I'm preeeetty sure they would have done a lot better :p It would have been so much fun watching them sweep the floor and completely demolish Sony and MS at this E3 if they did that hehehe~

Holy crap I'm looking through this list and wow look at all that junk! Hahaha I feel so sorry for it ;_;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users