Photo

The next generation of gaming

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#26 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Sheesh, the Wii U literally has nothing going for it right now...

#27 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Spoiler

#28 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

By mature, I meant GOOD games that aren't mario spin offs :/

#29 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

LOLOLO PC MASTER RACE

ku-xlarge.jpg

#30 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Oh N64 LoZ remakes, where art thou?

Ocarina of Time already has already been remade and re-released enough times. 

Sheesh, the Wii U literally has nothing going for it right now...

Well there's games. Which aren't out yet. Or ever will be.

Hold on I have to go clean the dust off my Wii U again.

#31 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

By mature, I meant GOOD games that aren't mario spin offs  :/

Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2 and the new Super Smash Bros. [...] Wind Waker HD remake and SMT x Fire Emblem

Also Xenoblade 2, that Yoshi Yarn game, the new Sonic thing, and I'm pretty sure Watch_Dogs is coming out on it too~ 

Didn't you just say you're a Nintendo fanboy? You of all people should know that Nintendo is more than just Mario and LoZ tumblrinlinemmzne7t2dc1.gif

I wonder what kind of games the PS4 and Xbox One are gonna have! Hopefully some good things

Edited by Turnip, 25 May 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#32 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

I wonder what kind of games the PS4 and Xbox One are gonna have! Hopefully some good things

Uhhh. Call of Duty. Uhhhhhhhhh Infamous.

UHHHHHHHHH HALO.

#33 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Uhhh. Call of Duty. Uhhhhhhhhh Infamous.

UHHHHHHHHH HALO.

You forgot CALL OF EA SPORTS

#34 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Also Xenoblade 2, that Yoshi Yarn game, the new Sonic thing, and I'm pretty sure Watch_Dogs is coming out on it too~ 

Didn't you just say you're a Nintendo fanboy? You of all people should know that Nintendo is more than just Mario and LoZ tumblrinlinemmzne7t2dc1.gif

When was the last time you saw nintendo advertising games that aren't  LoZ and Mario?
They need to focus more on the games you mentioned.

Most games go overlooked by people that don't pay attention to the future releases.

#35 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

There are quite a few titles announced for PS4, but nothing looks too interesting yet. :(

I'm still waiting on FF XIII Versus and The Last Guardian for PS3...as I have been for the last 5 years....

When was the last time you saw nintendo advertising games that aren't  LoZ and Mario?

Most games go overlooked by people that don't pay attention to the future releases.

Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Donkey Kong, and SSB say hi.

And Wario/Yoshi (not really Mario spinoffs anymore at this point) and Kid Icarus and Kirby.

#36 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

They advertise other games on Facebook and Twitter as well as on every single Nintendo Direct ever.

Do you not follow them at all on any social media site or watch their main source of announcements?

#37 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

What do you guys think of Nintendo shifting away from a large E3 showing to smaller Nintendo Directs?

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

At this point, I have more current and old gen games than I will ever get around to playing.
I'm out of the "next gen" race.

#39 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

i dont understand why everyone is hating on MS, cant we atleast wait to see if their 15 exclusives (8 new ip) in the first year are anything good?

anyways next gen is probably ps4 only for me

What do you guys think of Nintendo shifting away from a large E3 showing to smaller Nintendo Directs?

bad, that means that they dont have anything big to show imo,

#40 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

bad, that means that they dont have anything big to show imo,

they just recently launched the Wii U less than a year ago. There's no reason to waste time with a presentation when they can push out Directs to get announcements out of the way and focus on showing games off on the show floor and streaming it to the Best Buys across North America so normal folk can try the new demos.

#41 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

they just recently launched the Wii U less than a year ago. There's no reason to waste time with a presentation when they can push out Directs to get announcements out of the way and focus on showing games off on the show floor and streaming it to the Best Buys across North America so normal folk can try the new demos.

the thing is the wii u is selling awful right now, why ignore such a big event to show all ur great games that are coming? directs are pretty good(sometimes) but like 90% of people interested in videogames dont watch them lol

edit: what i wanted to say is that probably nintendo is not going to e3 because they dont have too much to show, according to some rumour they are going to annouce in the upcoming direct 3d mario, mario kart u, (both for these year) super smash bros u (2014), and TLOZ for wii u(2015)

Edited by boobface, 25 May 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#42 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

the thing is the wii u is selling awful right now, why ignore such a big event to show all ur great games that are coming? directs are pretty good(sometimes) but like 90% of people interested in videogames dont watch them lol

People who aren't interested in Nintendo wouldn't watch their conference anyways.

Nintendo is still doing a media only event at the convention, but what they aren't doing is a big presentation to stream online. Anyone who is interested in Nintendo will have the chance to learn just as much from the directs as they would from a flashy presentation.

#43 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

People who aren't interested in Nintendo wouldn't watch their conference anyways.

Nintendo is still doing a media only event at the convention, but what they aren't doing is a big presentation to stream online. Anyone who is interested in Nintendo will have the chance to learn just as much from the directs as they would from a flashy presentation.

argh i took to long to edit

well like i said in the edit , yea they are probably gonna announce a few things there, but the games are in early development so no gameplay/trailers, which is why they are not gonna have something big there

@bolded i dont really agree with that, only people who frequent game websites are the ones who watch nintendo directs(or any gaming related stream), but thats not a lot of people

having game demos in bestbuy is a nice strategy, that way they can try and reach a more bigger audience

#44 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

argh i took to long to edit

well like i said in the edit , yea they are probably gonna announce a few things there, but the games are in early development so no gameplay/trailers, which is why they are not gonna have something big there

The public has already been told that Nintendo will discuss at least the new Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, and 3D Mario game. This also means they could easily announce and discuss many other titles that haven't been previously revealed beforehand. That's just for the Wii U. There's also many upcoming and future 3DS titles that they can discuss.

Just because they don't want to have an extravagant event like the other companies doesn't mean they don't have anything to discuss or show. There's obviously going to be demos so there's obviously going to be gameplay related to their games available.

@bolded i dont really agree with that, only people who frequent game websites are the ones who watch nintendo directs(or any gaming related stream), but thats not a lot of people

having game demos in bestbuy is a nice strategy, that way they can try and reach a more bigger audience

Nintendo announces the Directs on Facebook and Twitter. Anyone who has liked/followed them on either site will be notified of them and can proceed to watch them.

And aren't only people who frequent gaming websites and watch the direct videos the same people who watch E3?

#45 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Just because they don't want to have an extravagant event like the other companies doesn't mean they don't have anything to discuss or show. There's obviously going to be demos so there's obviously going to be gameplay related to their games available.

Nintendo announces the Directs on Facebook and Twitter. Anyone who has liked/followed them on either site will be notified of them and can proceed to watch them.

And aren't only people who frequent gaming websites and watch the direct videos the same people who watch E3?

a lot of people doesnt watch E3 online, they go directly to the event.

Nintendo only has 2,164,458 likes on fb, where are the other 90m+ users who bought the wii?, dont get me wrong, im not hating on nintendo, but its  clear that the wii u is not the hottest thing right now, so why not show everything you have in front of a big audience to try and increase sales? the way i see it, people are going to talk about nintendo , sony and ms on the internet, but on the streets its gonna be mainly sony and ms thanks to big conferences with lots of game demos, gameplay trailers and things like that

Anyway, im confident that the wii u is going to be the highest selling 8th gen console, how much is it gonna sell? idk, thats up to nintendo

#46 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Nintendo only has 2,164,458 likes on fb, where are the other 90m+ users who bought the wii?, dont get me wrong, im not hating on nintendo, but its  clear that the wii u is not the hottest thing right now, so why not show everything you have in front of a big audience to try and increase sales? the way i see it, people are going to talk about nintendo , sony and ms on the internet, but on the streets its gonna be mainly sony and ms thanks to big conferences with lots of game demos, gameplay trailers and things like that

Anyway, im confident that the wii u is going to be the highest selling 8th gen console, how much is it gonna sell? idk, thats up to nintendo

Are you saying that casual, uninformed video game fans decide to stroll into E3 en masse?

#47 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm ignoring everything to tell you something important: E3 is a press only event now. Unless you're related to the electronic entertainment industry, you cannot get into the event.

The rest have to either watch the conferences themselves online, or follow media coverage posted on news sites or blogged elsewhere.

#48 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Are you saying that casual, uninformed video game fans decide to stroll into E3 en masse?

i never said anything about casual or uninformed, but to answer your question i do believe that there are more people in this kind of events than people watching nintendo directs

oops my bad, im not really from the US so theres a lot i dont know about that kind of events, so you can ignore half the things i said :p

still, my point is kinda valid, they do miss a lot of media coverage which is not good for them

Edited by boobface, 25 May 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#49 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

i never said anything about casual or uninformed, but to answer your question i do believe that there are more people in this kind of events than people watching nintendo directs

Last year E3 an attendance of ~45,000 people.

Since its release, the Nintendo Direct from May 17th has 100,000 more views than everyone that attended E3.

#50 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Last year E3 an attendance of ~45,000 people.

Since its release, the Nintendo Direct from May 17th has 100,000 more views than everyone that attended E3.

are we really sure that 1 view = 1 person? not sure how youtubes system works, but a lot of people might watch the same video over and over again (like me :p)

Edit: guys dont have me for being an uniformed casual, im just saying nintendo needs to show a lot of the things they have for the wii u, that way they can try and get more sales, which equails to more third party support, more sales , and less people talking shit about them on the internet (just like im doing right now)

Edited by boobface, 25 May 2013 - 06:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users