Quantcast

Photo
- - - - -

[How To] Put manual AoB scanning days to an end. Introducing the use of Cheat Tables!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

POPULAR POST!

I'd like to think that searching for AoB's whenever you're ready to cheat on a game is boring and a turn-off for me personally to go through the trouble.

I'll show you guys how to make a cheat table using AoB's. Much less hassle. No scanning, no changing of things really, just open the CT file in CE, attach to the process, and be on your way, pretty much.

Let's use this code for example.

Meerca Chase II

Maze Walls/Red Neggs/Tail DO NOT effect you: (Credits to Coilvect)

9d 02 00 0d 00 96 08 00 04 01 08 0a 04 01 08 08 ==>

99 02 00 0d 00 96 08 00 04 01 08 0a 04 01 08 08 

The first code (before the "==>") will be called the DISABLE code. The second code will be the ENABLE code.

The reasoning for it being "backwards" like this, is because the code STARTS OUT as "disabled", because obviously there are no cheats in the main game. So you change it to ENABLED, thus changing the code. The code will change when you turn the script on and off, toggling the cheat. The DISABLE code will return the game back to normal.

Alright, so I'll assume you have CE open and attached to the corresponding Flash process. Ignore the possibly inconsistent screenshots, I'm currently too lazy to take my own, so I'll use others.

Step 1: Go to Memory View.

eV1gE.png

Step 2: Hit Ctrl + A. Feel free to close Memory View. (unless you're adding more codes later)

This window will open up.

1SgfduA.jpg

Step 3: Get your codes from before.

We've established how the codes are DISABLE and ENABLE. I'm not great at explaining, so I'll color code it for you. I made the ENABLE code blue, and the DISABLE red.

--------------------

Meerca Chase II

Maze Walls/Red Neggs/Tail DO NOT effect you: (Credits to Coilvect)

9d 02 00 0d 00 96 08 00 04 01 08 0a 04 01 08 08 ==>

99 02 00 0d 00 96 08 00 04 01 08 0a 04 01 08 08

--------------------

This is the code you'll put into the Auto Assembler.

[ENABLE]
label(invincible)
registersymbol(invincible)
aobscan(invincible_address, 9d 02 00 0d 00 96 08 00 04 01 08 0a 04 01 08 08)

invincible_address:
invincible:
db 99 02 00 0d 00 96 08 00 04 01 08 0a 04 01 08 08

[DISABLE]
invincible:
db 9d 02 00 0d 00 96 08 00 04 01 08 0a 04 01 08 08

unregistersymbol(invincible)

Use this as a template, by all means.

You don't have to change the labels, but for consistency, I did.

Step 4: Enter the code into the Auto Assemble window.

You should end up with this, if you copied and pasted correctly.  :sleep:

yI049x7.jpg

Step 5: Add it to your Cheat Table. Do this by going to File -> Assign to current cheat table

hjMNbwr.png

Step 6: You can now close the Auto Assemble window, and you'll see that you have a new listing in your Cheat Table called "Auto Assemble script". Double-click the name, change it to Invincible (put the name of the game in the title if you would like as well).

Step 7: (optional) If you're going to have many games in your CT, I'd suggest using Group headers. Right click the Cheat Table area, and Create Header. Type in the Group name ("Meerca Chase II" in this case...) and press OK. After this, drag the corresponding cheats into that header. To tidy things up, right-click the header ("Meerca Chase II"), go down to Group Config in the menu, and select "Hide children when deactivated", and "(De)Activating this entry (de)activates children"

So now you should have a nice and tidy Cheat Table going. I'll share mine at the bottom of the post. It's not complete whatsoever, but it's a starting point.  :D When you activate a group header, the children will show for it. Should end up with something like this.

h4r6qTU.png

Once it's checked like so, it'll be activated. Go nuts. Fuck up the economy, I don't care.

Step 8: Save your CT. It's the floppy disk icon. I trust you know what to do.

Step 9: Open the CT whenever you want to cheat, attach to process, and go.

--------------

Notes:

• Using codes with wildcards ("??") in the AoB's won't work...but there may be a way around it.

This will make the entire process much faster.  :sleep:  :shifty:

Hopefully I didn't over-complicate it. Let me know how it goes for you all.  :funone:

Attached is my personal Cheat Table, it's far from complete. Perhaps you awesome guys can collaborate on a mega-CT rather than a mega-"do it yourself" list.  ;)

Also attached: an Altador Cup Cheat Table, with the Make Some Noise AoB by GATX, and the YYB AoB...also by GATX. Give him some rep. Guy deserves it.  :thumbsup: I just put it in here for convenience.  :agree:

There are currently no working AoB's for SoSd or Slushie Slinger, as far as I've tested. Feel free to comment or PM me otherwise.  :whistling:

Attached Files

Edited by sLAUGHTER, 01 June 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Good work Slaughter. :p

#3 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

You never cease to amaze me, sir.

#4 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Thank you Slaughter!  Bookmarked to try this after some more coffee.

#5 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

*sheds a manly tear* you've done me proud, my son. Love your work! Now come back here more often, ya hear?

#6 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

This is what I've been waiting for <3<3<3 thank you so much

Is there any way to get it working with wildcards? It doesn't seem to like them much

Edited by aNEWvision, 30 May 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#7 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

This is what I've been waiting for <3<3<3 thank you so much

Is there any way to get it working with wildcards? It doesn't seem to like them much

Give me a minute, I'm trying things out. I think I have a fix for this, but it requires slightly more work.

#8 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Give me a minute, I'm trying things out. I think I have a fix for this, but it requires slightly more work.

Okay............ I still love you 0_____0

#9 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Okay............ I still love you 0_____0

7fLsn72.gif

But hmm...still trying things.

EDIT: Well shit. Wildcards are a tricky thing with CT's. Hmm... I'll update the OP, but I'll look into this on my own time as well.

Edited by sLAUGHTER, 30 May 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

*sheds a manly tear* you've done me proud, my son. Love your work! Now come back here more often, ya hear?

*coughs*

That'd be a little bit of awesome leaking out of your eye.

Those aren't tears. Men don't cry... like when you're sitting there looking at your fully restored 1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 with original 302 engine. Yeah. That's awesomeness leaking out.

#11 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Thank you Slaughter! :)

#12 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Thanks, will be useful. Though, I can't seem to active it. It's all in there and everything (copied and pasted and it went through), but I can't check the box in anyway to get it to activate. The process is correct. Saved, and there are no "??"s in the codes. I didn't add any headers or anything to it. If I do add a header, only the header has the X in the box showing it's activated

Does this only work on windows? So activation is impossible on mac?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting in case it might help. First is no header, second is with the header. (because it's an altador cup game, I also added Ice Cream Machine at 3rd. Those codes for ICM do currently work, that way it's not codes that don't work that are the issue. Both sets of codes, currently work)

Spoiler
So it's there, it's just unable to be checked/activated.

Edited by Satsuki, 31 May 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#13 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Thanks, will be useful. Though, I can't seem to active it. It's all in there and everything (copied and pasted and it went through), but I can't check the box in anyway to get it to activate. The process is correct. Saved, and there are no "??"s in the codes. I didn't add any headers or anything to it. If I do add a header, only the header has the X in the box showing it's activated

Does this only work on windows? So activation is impossible on mac?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting in case it might help. First is no header, second is with the header. (because it's an altador cup game, I also added Ice Cream Machine at 3rd. Those codes for ICM do currently work, that way it's not codes that don't work that are the issue. Both sets of codes, currently work)

Spoiler
So it's there, it's just unable to be checked/activated.

The code is probably incorrect then. :p Post them here and I'll fix 'em up for ya and tell you what's incorrect.  ^_^

#14 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Sure. Did you want the AoB codes or the script, I'll post both. (oh wait, the AoB codes are in there.)

Spoiler

Edited by Satsuki, 31 May 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#15 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Sure. Did you want the AoB codes or the script, I'll post both. (oh wait, the AoB codes are in there.)

Spoiler

Strange...they both work fine...

(although the ICM one should have unregistersymbol(cream) at the bottom, and still works without it... o-o)

Are you attached to the right flash process?

#16 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Strange...they both work fine...

(although the ICM one should have unregistersymbol(cream) at the bottom, and still works without it... o-o)

Are you attached to the right flash process?

Should I be in Firefox for this (as Chrome doesn't have the anything called flash process, it just has Google Chrome He)? I prefer to use chrome (and I'm attached to the right process in chrome), but I can download firefox. 

#17 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Should I be in Firefox for this (as Chrome doesn't have the anything called flash process, it just has Google Chrome He)? I prefer to use chrome (and I'm attached to the right process in chrome), but I can download firefox. 

I'm using chrome as well.  :huh:

Try in FF if you'd like, perhaps you're on the wrong process?  :/

#18 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'm using chrome as well.  :huh:

Try in FF if you'd like, perhaps you're on the wrong process?  :/

FF only has the plugin container. But I checked the flash in chrome, put it into a hex calculator and selected the process. So it's the right process. It might just be my computer then.

#19 boobface

boobface
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

amazing, this makes life more easier! (sort of) +rep

#20 darkmadness

darkmadness
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

Once again, going out of your way to make our cheating life easier, I feel as though I should just rep every post you make :D +rep of course

Just a heads up though, the code you used for the AC does work, but the wide goal doesn't seem to want to come to the party.

Edited by darkmadness, 01 June 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#21 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

the wide goal doesn't seem to want to come to the party.

...what?  :huh:

The powerup works...

#22 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

...what?  :huh:

The powerup works...

I think whoever said this meant the AoB, because it doesn't work... but this is not the place to complain about that :D

#23 darkmadness

darkmadness
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

To clarify, when I use the wide goal code for the cheat table, it doesn't work. It does when I do it manually just not this way for some reason. Your walkthrough was very straightforward so I am 99.9% sure I was doing it right (still that small margin for error though..and knowing my luck it probably IS just me lol). Has anyone else got the wide goal working doing it this way instead of scanning manually and adding each time?

#24 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Is it possible to include more than one scan/replace per auto assembler for AoBs that are in different parts? Eg, http://www.neocodex....69-suteks-tomb/

That way you could work around wildcards too, I think.

#25 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

Is it possible to include more than one scan/replace per auto assembler for AoBs that are in different parts? Eg, http://www.neocodex....69-suteks-tomb/

That way you could work around wildcards too, I think.

Yes, I added an example of that in the Altador Cup cheat table for YYB. But I don't think it'd help with wildcards. :x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users