Quantcast

Photo

Purchase items not found in item database..?

item database abrosia settings advice unknown new sell

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hinth

Hinth
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

First of all, I apologize if the answer to my question is blatantly obvious or if the answer has already been answered countless times before and is easily accessible. I'm a noob, so forgive me.

I noticed in the settings for Abrosia, if you were an advance member, you could check off the box that says "purchase items not found in item database."

As well as the option to "purchase unknown items first."

While running AB in the shop of my choice and getting RS banned, I had the settings to continue at IGS. What caught my attention was that the ABer was buying a lot of seemingly "nooby" items, one for example, "Basic Mint Floor Tiles."

I checked with the shop wizard and there were none in circulation so I deduced that it must've been a new item of some sort.

Now the million dollar question here (perhaps 1 np?) is whether or not it is recommended, when considering the profit in the long run, to keep the "purchase items not found in item database" checked.

Since I don't even know what to compare the new items to, I am at a loss to even the amount the item such as the Basic Mint Floor Tiles should be priced.

Thanks in advance for all your helpful input!

...and forgive me for being such a novice.

#2 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Im not familiar to ABing so i can't give you a reliable answer but do you mean Basic Mint Green Floor Tiles? Because i found that in the Neohome Superstore going for 500 np (http://www.neopets.c...ome/shop/more/6)

#3 Hinth

Hinth
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yup the exact same. For some reason the ABer would immediately buy those from the igloo garage sale despite having to profit margin whatsoever..?

I'm still a tad confused to how the whole unknown items option works haha

#4 Sunak0

Sunak0
  • 64 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

The unknown items option works great for new items. When a new item is released, it takes some time before it gets added to the Item DB. So, when that new item restocks - checking this option, would buy those items. But this only happens when you use the DB and not have your own list.

About the Igloo, as far as I know there is a list (blockedItems.txt) that goes with the program that won't let you buy items that can't be sold like those floor tiles/wall paint/wallpapers.

That being said, I'd like to ask if you are using your own list when you AB or are you using the DB?

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

That item should already been in the list of blocked items. Can anybody else confirm that this is happening?

#6 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

It's actually a pretty good idea to purchase unknown items first, because new items (regardless of rarity) will sell at UB prices when they first come out. I recently sold a r82 background at 500k simply cause it's a fairly recently released item.

I don't know why you got the mint floor tiles, but I've never gotten it before and I'm on igloo a fair amount.

#7 Hinth

Hinth
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

That item should already been in the list of blocked items. Can anybody else confirm that this is happening?

I was using the DB for igloo when I got those items. I'm abandoning the igloo for now in favor of AAA so I can't confirm that if it'll happen again :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: item, database, abrosia, settings, advice, unknown, new, sell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users