VPN/Proxy Buy Times (Speed Test)

vpn proxy buy time ms speed setting elite abrosia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hinth

Hinth
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

After missing the last 8 MPs in Magic on the ABer with my VPN, I was curious about everyone's buy times here (WITH vpn or a proxy)

With my current VPS, I average around 850-1200 ms buy times with the settings adjusted to max.

Ok, I guess this is really a 2 part question: What kind of insane times are people setting in Magic so that I can't even buy a single MP with my current buy times? I thought those times were actually pretty decent but I guess not.

inb4upgrade...? Anyone have any suggestions to decrease latency, etc.? I'm on OSX and the only few latency fixes I found were for PC :x

Thanks for any input guys!

#2 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

If someone sees an item one second before you it won't matter. You're far from the only person in magic. I'm sure at least 10-20 ab'ers and an additional 10-50 legit players are restocking in magic during peak times.

#3 nothereorthere

nothereorthere
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

in magic refresh time is almost more important that haggle

#4 Hinth

Hinth
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

0.5-2.0 refresh time is no good? :o

Oh, and thanks for the replies!

Edited by Hinth, 10 June 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#5 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

It's a matter of luck. I have sucky buy times (1500-2500ms) but I still manage to RS unbuyable MPs from Magic on a regular basis. My best RSes (those worth >2m NP) tend to be with buy times of >2000ms. My refresh times are 4-8 seconds.

And yes, I miss a lot - I miss about 9 out of 10 items that restock (and this is only counting those that Abrosia sees and tries to buy). Missing 8 MPs in a row is perfectly normal. Don't be greedy and expect to get an item every restock - if you get one MP every 2-3 hours of ABing, you are doing fine. Be too successful and you will likely get iced anyway.

#6 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

0.5-2.0 refresh time is no good? :o

Oh, and thanks for the replies!

All luck. I could get something before you refreshing every 60 seconds.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vpn, proxy, buy, time, ms, speed, setting, elite, abrosia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users