Interesting Neopets staff discussion bug

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

As some of you might be aware if you've seen the status update I made or some other mentions of it off-site, there was a bug where feeding a Shiny Obsidian to a Grarrl resulted in outputting what is apparently a discussion between Neopets staff members. The output is shown in the image below (no idea who posted it first but I got the image from Keil's post):

tumblr_moaktk51501rywoc0o1_1280.jpg

I figured it'd be better to have a thread about this rather than a status update to allow for discussion and better archiving for the future.

#2 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

You can probably figure out where it is loading from and read more/future updates.

#3 Yac

Yac
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

So, there's "Flagged Chat" and "Pedowatch". That's interesting. 

I guess they later realized MSN should've been named something else, as that's probably a moderator nightmare. (Assuming they really do read 'flagged' posts)

I hope nobody at TNT gets in trouble for accidentally leaking this.

Edited by Yac, 12 June 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

I got to say, DJ Skellington is pretty nice. He says Thank you in every post. I wish my boss at school was at least polite like him >.. 

#5 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

What kind of idiot goes around Neomailing people saying "lol I cheat on my side :D" hahaha

That alice day thing is pretty damn gross though.... :s Not really sure why someone would even bring that up on Neopets of all places lmao

#6 tom12

tom12
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

You can probably figure out where it is loading from and read more/future updates.

That would be cool !

#7 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

This actually makes me like the TNT staff a lot more, makes them seem like real people (which I always knew they were, just hits the point home)

#8 Barcodite

Barcodite
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

I think it's interesting how they call a user's first warning a "non-warn" and how they actually admit that their database was once broken into. I think it's a bit concerning they need to spend so much time checking for pedophiles, but I am glad they seem to keep on top of it. Also, it's strange how they flag everything containing the word bomb when so many items have bomb in their names. That must be a nightmare for them to sort through considering how many people talk about Ghostkerbombs.

#9 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Can someone point out where they admit to having the database broken into? (or just put it into a post) Its hard for me to read things like that because there isn't any paragraphs in it. It just looks like a jumble to me. Thanks!

#10 Yac

Yac
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

What kind of idiot goes around Neomailing people saying "lol I cheat on my side :D" hahaha

That alice day thing is pretty damn gross though.... :S Not really sure why someone would even bring that up on Neopets of all places lmao

The 10 year old kids that google "neopets cheats", install whatever big green download button they see first (get about 500 viruses in the process), and download a complete shit cheat program. Or, at least, that's my best guess.

They then proceed to assume that neomail is private from TNT. Lovely.

...I hope they truly are 10 years old.

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Can someone point out where they admit to having the database broken into? (or just put it into a post) Its hard for me to read things like that because there isn't any paragraphs in it. It just looks like a jumble to me. Thanks!

djskellington says Stealth One of the primary cheating programs kids are using to cheat the Altador Cup is called "Stealth". Some of these rocket scientists are sending messages like "I have stealth on my side!". I have added "stealth" to FC because of this. If you find any users posting messages like this please add the username and the message to your MDR and put it in my section. I will look into these. Please do not freeze unless they blatantly state they are cheating. If you have any questions, let me know! -Cobb djskellington says MSN in Pedowatch ALL - and I do mean ALL entries that have "MSN" in them have been removed from Pedowatch. If this still does turn up in this filter, I'm afraid there is nothing more we can do for now. I will be adding the MSN entries back when the Cup is finished (and Haunted Woods wins again). If you have questions about this let Robin and I know. But you do not need to include examples in your MDRs any longer about this :) -Cobb djskellington says MSN It's Altador Cup time again! And that means "msn" has been removed from Pedowatch and placed into Flagged Content. END MESSAGE. -Cobbdjskellington says Premium! I received a few emails stating your Premium was expiring. To patch this up, I am asking everyone to write to me with this information: Your playing account you want Premium on Does it currently have Premium Is it expiring/expired The goal here is that I will keep a list handy just in case something like this ever happens again so I can get it fixed right away. This is primarily for Neopets but I will try to get this for Monkey Quest as well. I cannot promise this, but I'll see if it can be done! I need EVERYONE to send me this email a.s.a.p. Thanks!! -Cobbamandaw says 3 Girls Kidnapped for 10 years Yes, it is good news that these girls were found alive after being kidnapped for 10 years but this can lead to some very bad discussions so I added the following to FC: Added word Ariel Castro to Flagged words. Added word Amanda Berry to Flagged words. Added word Gina DeJesus to Flagged words. Added word Michele Knight to Flagged words. If they cause any issues please let Robin or a supervisor know so they can be removed or adjusted as necessary. If you have not heard about the story yet see http://www.dailymail...-ago-ALIVE.html. Amanda :)nicoleb says Cobb Is A Scammer I mean Cobb found a scammer. You may see talk on boards about user's account info (including PWs) posted offsite somewhere. Cobb's Official Statement: Yesterday, a scammer posted the below list of usernames, their passwords, the DoB, and the email on the account. These were all most likely lifted from our database back in December of 2011. The problem is this though: I checked several and most of these were still active. Some were already frozen, some had the passwords changed. Cobb has passed on the list of names from the site and 95% of the accounts have been dealt with. There are a few more left on the list to be looked over. What do you do? While its ok for them to have some panic the problem with this mess is its leading the users to google and find the lovely clairk site :( We do not want this! Hiding and non-warns are always the best line of defense. Please use the Contact Non-Warn or I have also been using "We are very aware of the current issues and are working as quickly as possible to get this resolved. Thank you!" Any questions tonight please ask your shift supervisor or MDR anything you feel needs more investigating or if there ends up being more information floating around. Thanks! N :Pdjskellington says Alice Day So apparently today is "Alice Day" - a day where pedophiles try to "celebrate" their love of children. While I highly doubt this will be talked about on any of our properties, please keep this in mind. I have added "Alice Day" to Pedowatch. If you do come across anyone discussing this in a way that is seen as pro-Alice Day, add this to your MDR. See articles about this day here: http://voices.yahoo.com/alice-day-april-25th-watch-children-5851992.html?cat=34 and now http://www.dailydot.com/society/alice-day-anonymous-pedo-attack/?utm_source=feedly. -Cobbdjskellington says Boston Marathon bombing suspects I have added the following to Flagged Content in regards to the Boston Marathon bombers: Tsarnaev Dzhokhar Tamerlan Chechnya Watertown Islam Muslim boston "bomb" is already in Peodwatch More may be added as the day goes on. Please allow mentions and discussions of this topic - but only to a point. If the conversations start getting graphic, confrontational, or harassing - please warn/remove and handle as necessary. For example: "I hope the victims of the Boston marathon bombings will be okay" - acceptable. "They really need to find and kill those guys who set this off" - not acceptable. Let me know if you have any questions. djskellington says Boston Marathon Incident Hi everyone, So a little while ago, there was an explosion that occurred during the Boston Marathon. I'm sure some users may be talking about this. As with other events that have occurred in the past, give them a little room when it comes to this kind of discussion. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-boston-marathon-explosion-20130415,0,641755.story “Did you hear about the explosion”?- That’s fine “How sad to hear about the explosion”- That’s fine If they start taking things too far with graphic details etc, then please NW/Warn as you normally would. If you see something and are unsure if you should NW/Warn, please ask either the shift supervisor, myself or Cobb and we will gladly assist. Thank you! Robin Esquivel Moderation Lead Nickelodeon Games Group nicoleb says DTI and Outfits As of now /outfits has been removed from FC. Unless a user is saying something like "Got to DTI and we'll swap email addresses" or something of that sort please do not warn users for directing to DTI. Thanks! N :Pdjskellington says New minor feature When visiting a user lookup in admin, you will now notice a small "-" next to "User Lookup" at the top-left corner. Click on it! Go ahead. I'll wait right here. Neat, huh? Now just click on the "+" and everything will return. I had that added so when we do reports that require screenshots, the rest of our tools would disappear. That's it! Let us know if you have any questions. -Cobbamandaw says Title Here Hi everyone, Not sure if everyone has heard or not but Margaret Thatcher died this morning. See http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/08/world/europe/uk-margaret-thatcher-dead/index.html?hpt=hp_t1 for more information. I did add Thatcher to FC to catch anything if they start going to far. Please warn if they start getting into political debates or into gory details about death. Thanks! Amanda :)djskellington says Repeatedly returning potential pedophile Hi, I have added "daisy under the dirt" to Pedowatch. This is the person who has been attempting to lead users to their adult-themed RP pages for nearly two years by just stating the generic name for their RP page in the neomail subject line. The most recent example is flyawayhome__ - you can see in their sent neomessages how they are getting their message across. If you see this pop up in Pedowatch, please freeze their account immediately and let me know as per usual. I am looking into other ways to permanently block this person. Thanks!nicoleb says Dress To Impress As you will see in FC the entry outfits/ has been added. That is picking up links to Dress To Impress which is a Certified Site. So they are able to talk about it but not link to it. Which is where the warn issue comes in to play. When you come across these and it is the users first offense for this (DTI) please non-warn with the the non-warn that has been added to Confluence. If the user has been given the non-warn before and is still trying to post the links to DTI then please give the regular commercial warn. Any questions feel free to ask Robin or your supervisor! Thanks! N :p P.S. Hello! Recommended fan sites may be linked to from the Neoboards, User Lookups, Neomail, etc. Certified fan sites can be discussed by name, but any links to them will be blocked except for the link listed on http://www.neopets.com/fansites/index.phtmlkaycee says Hello again! In regards to my last notice about linking off-site to videos -- they should all now work on-site for the most part. On the last night, I know. XP I've seen a few people mention they don't play, but not nearly as many so we think Adam's fixed it as much as he can. Please feel free to return to your regular YouTube/Offsite monitoring. (Note that TeamNeopets on YouTube is actually us, just in case you see it mentioned.) Thank you! - kaycee

nicoleb says Cobb Is A Scammer I mean Cobb found a scammer. You may see talk on boards about user's account info (including PWs) posted offsite somewhere. Cobb's Official Statement: Yesterday, a scammer posted the below list of usernames, their passwords, the DoB, and the email on the account. These were all most likely lifted from our database back in December of 2011.

I saved the raw text too.

#12 Neon

Neon
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

POPULAR POST!

Interesting part about draik on there and how scammers are leading people to the site....

djskellington says Stealth

One of the primary cheating programs kids are using to cheat the Altador Cup is called "Stealth". Some of these rocket scientists are sending messages like "I have stealth on my side!". I have added "stealth" to FC because of this. If you find any users posting messages like this please add the username and the message to your MDR and put it in my section. I will look into these. Please do not freeze unless they blatantly state they are cheating. If you have any questions, let me know! -Cobb

djskellington says MSN in Pedowatch 

ALL - and I do mean ALL entries that have "MSN" in them have been removed from Pedowatch. If this still does turn up in this filter, I'm afraid there is nothing more we can do for now. I will be adding the MSN entries back when the Cup is finished (and Haunted Woods wins again). If you have questions about this let Robin and I know. But you do not need to include examples in your MDRs any longer about this  :) -Cobb

djskellington says MSN

It's Altador Cup time again! And that means "msn" has been removed from Pedowatch and placed into Flagged Content. END MESSAGE. -Cobb

djskellington says Premium!

I received a few emails stating your Premium was expiring. To patch this up, I am asking everyone to write to me with this information: Your playing account you want Premium on Does it currently have Premium Is it expiring/expired The goal here is that I will keep a list handy just in case something like this ever happens again so I can get it fixed right away. This is primarily for Neopets but I will try to get this for Monkey Quest as well. I cannot promise this, but I'll see if it can be done! I need EVERYONE to send me this email a.s.a.p. Thanks!! -Cobb

amandaw says 3 Girls Kidnapped for 10 years

Yes, it is good news that these girls were found alive after being kidnapped for 10 years but this can lead to some very bad discussions so I added the following to FC: Added word Ariel Castro to Flagged words. Added word Amanda Berry to Flagged words. Added word Gina DeJesus to Flagged words. Added word Michele Knight to Flagged words. If they cause any issues please let Robin or a supervisor know so they can be removed or adjusted as necessary. If you have not heard about the story yet see http://www.dailymail...-ago-ALIVE.html. Amanda :)

nicoleb says Cobb Is A Scammer

I mean Cobb found a scammer. You may see talk on boards about user's account info (including PWs) posted offsite somewhere.

Cobb's Official Statement: Yesterday, a scammer posted the below list of usernames, their passwords, the DoB, and the email on the account. These were all most likely lifted from our database back in December of 2011. The problem is this though: I checked several and most of these were still active. Some were already frozen, some had the passwords changed. Cobb has passed on the list of names from the site and 95% of the accounts have been dealt with. There are a few more left on the list to be looked over. What do you do? While its ok for them to have some panic the problem with this mess is its leading the users to google and find the lovely clairk site  :( We do not want this! Hiding and non-warns are always the best line of defense. Please use the Contact Non-Warn or I have also been using "We are very aware of the current issues and are working as quickly as possible to get this resolved. Thank you!" Any questions tonight please ask your shift supervisor or MDR anything you feel needs more investigating or if there ends up being more information floating around. Thanks! N :p

djskellington says Alice Day

So apparently today is "Alice Day" - a day where pedophiles try to "celebrate" their love of children. While I highly doubt this will be talked about on any of our properties, please keep this in mind. I have added "Alice Day" to Pedowatch. If you do come across anyone discussing this in a way that is seen as pro-Alice Day, add this to your MDR. See articles about this day here: http://voices.yahoo....992.html?cat=34 and now http://www.dailydot...._source=feedly. -Cobbdjskellington says Boston Marathon bombing suspects I have added the following to Flagged Content in regards to the Boston Marathon bombers: Tsarnaev Dzhokhar Tamerlan Chechnya Watertown Islam Muslim boston "bomb" is already in Peodwatch More may be added as the day goes on. Please allow mentions and discussions of this topic - but only to a point. If the conversations start getting graphic, confrontational, or harassing - please warn/remove and handle as necessary. For example: "I hope the victims of the Boston marathon bombings will be okay" - acceptable. "They really need to find and kill those guys who set this off" - not acceptable. Let me know if you have any questions.

djskellington says Boston Marathon Incident

Hi everyone, So a little while ago, there was an explosion that occurred during the Boston Marathon. I'm sure some users may be talking about this. As with other events that have occurred in the past, give them a little room when it comes to this kind of discussion. http://www.chicagotr...,0,641755.story “Did you hear about the explosion”?- That’s fine “How sad to hear about the explosion”- That’s fine If they start taking things too far with graphic details etc, then please NW/Warn as you normally would. If you see something and are unsure if you should NW/Warn, please ask either the shift supervisor, myself or Cobb and we will gladly assist. Thank you!

Robin Esquivel Moderation Lead Nickelodeon Games Group

nicoleb says DTI and Outfits

As of now /outfits has been removed from FC. Unless a user is saying something like "Got to DTI and we'll swap email addresses" or something of that sort please do not warn users for directing to DTI. Thanks! N :p

djskellington says New minor feature

When visiting a user lookup in admin, you will now notice a small "-" next to "User Lookup" at the top-left corner. Click on it! Go ahead. I'll wait right here. Neat, huh? Now just click on the "+" and everything will return. I had that added so when we do reports that require screenshots, the rest of our tools would disappear. That's it! Let us know if you have any questions. -Cobb

amandaw says Title Here

Hi everyone, Not sure if everyone has heard or not but Margaret Thatcher died this morning. See http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1 for more information. I did add Thatcher to FC to catch anything if they start going to far. Please warn if they start getting into political debates or into gory details about death. Thanks! Amanda :)

djskellington says Repeatedly returning potential pedophile

Hi, I have added "daisy under the dirt" to Pedowatch. This is the person who has been attempting to lead users to their adult-themed RP pages for nearly two years by just stating the generic name for their RP page in the neomail subject line. The most recent example is flyawayhome__ - you can see in their sent neomessages how they are getting their message across. If you see this pop up in Pedowatch, please freeze their account immediately and let me know as per usual. I am looking into other ways to permanently block this person. Thanks!

nicoleb says Dress To Impress

As you will see in FC the entry outfits/ has been added. That is picking up links to Dress To Impress which is a Certified Site. So they are able to talk about it but not link to it. Which is where the warn issue comes in to play. When you come across these and it is the users first offense for this (DTI) please non-warn with the the non-warn that has been added to Confluence. If the user has been given the non-warn before and is still trying to post the links to DTI then please give the regular commercial warn. Any questions feel free to ask Robin or your supervisor! Thanks! N  :p P.S. Hello! Recommended fan sites may be linked to from the Neoboards, User Lookups, Neomail, etc. Certified fan sites can be discussed by name, but any links to them will be blocked except for the link listed on http://www.neopets.c...tes/index.phtml

kaycee says Hello again!

In regards to my last notice about linking off-site to videos -- they should all now work on-site for the most part. On the last night, I know. XP I've seen a few people mention they don't play, but not nearly as many so we think Adam's fixed it as much as he can. Please feel free to return to your regular YouTube/Offsite monitoring. (Note that TeamNeopets on YouTube is actually us, just in case you see it mentioned.) Thank you! - kaycee

Tried to break everything up by topic.

Edited by Neon, 12 June 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#13 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Thank you Neon.  My eyes were crossing.

#14 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Doubt it. With the way it's floating around the web, they're probably already trying to plug the hole.

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

I wonder if the legit communities are aware of it and what their reactions would be. xD

#16 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

What is MSN and MDR??

#17 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

What is MSN and MDR??

MSN could be either Make Some Noise or MSN Messenger. No idea on MDR.

#18 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

I wonder if the legit communities are aware of it and what their reactions would be. xD

I wonder what TNT will have to say if someone brings up the fact that they LIED about being compromised

#19 Yac

Yac
  • 57 posts

What is MSN and MDR??

MSN is Make Some Noise, the Altador Cup game.

MDR... not sure.

Edit: Too late! Noo.....

Edited by Yac, 12 June 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#20 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

MSN could be either Make Some Noise or MSN Messenger. No idea on MDR.

Oh... but what was MSN before to make it on pedowatch lol

#21 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Oh... but what was MSN before to make it on pedowatch lol

It'll be on that list because of MSN Messenger.

#22 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

It'll be on that list because of MSN Messenger.

Don't I feel stupid T___________________T nobody look at me..

and isn't stealth a group or something? dedicated to getting all star? not a program hahaha

Edited by aNEWvision, 12 June 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#23 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

and isn't stealth a group or something? dedicated to getting all star? not a program hahaha

Yeah, stealth is an all-star group, not a score sender. :p Just shows that their information isn't the best.

#24 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Interesting read, thanks for sharing! Big thanks for posting the text version too. :)

#25 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

I wonder what TNT will have to say if someone brings up the fact that they LIED about being compromised

I was wondering the same thing, lol. I'm sure whoever fucked up will be kicking themselves for this one. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users