Once you reach All Star...

ac altador cup all star

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 harbringer

harbringer
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Is it still worth it to continue playing AC?

Would it have any effects after the AC if you continued playing after reaching All Star?

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Is it still worth it to continue playing AC?

Would it have any effects after the AC if you continued playing after reaching All Star?

You earn more Prize Points to spend in the Prize Shop as well as better bragging rights.

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Absolute Corruption on neo and TDN both have counters so you can keep tracking your rank. (and I think they both show prize points, but I'm not sure if the prize points are accurate though).

#4 infernox

infernox
  • 66 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yes, for the prize points. Sometimes the highest worth item in the shop is only purchase-able by double All-stars.

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

If you can AB well, it's my opinion that it's not worth going high than the first all-star. It's also my opinion to have multiple All star accounts than having a few quadruple all star accounts for trolling and amusing reasons.

#6 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yeah the prizes are not worth the amount of time spent getting points, and the risk of SSing that is always present.

#7 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Well, I just hit all star and plan on score sending until the ending of the AC...maybe not as much as I was to get to all star though, but enough to help us win.

#8 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Aiming for the double/potentially triple All-Star rank - purely because my internet is so slow I rarely make good money off ABing and hopefully the prize is a good'un.

Last year I managed to make a massive profit off the 8-bit MP. Sold it for 4 $10 NC cards to someone off tumblr. 

#9 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

Once you hit all star you should buy a razor. For your neckbeard.

#10 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Yeah the prizes are not worth the amount of time spent getting points, and the risk of SSing that is always present.

EDIT: I swear I don't remember making this post...

Edited by Satsuki, 17 June 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#11 LegitRSer

LegitRSer
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

SSers Scare Me, So I wouldnt push the score too hard. But more points = more NPs, so that makes the answer pretty simple!

#12 iblvuhvemystplr

iblvuhvemystplr
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm a noob. What's AC?

#13 LegitRSer

LegitRSer
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Altador Cup

#14 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

Can someone provide an example of what a double all star could have received last year vs a normal all star?

#15 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Can someone provide an example of what a double all star could have received last year vs a normal all star?

I believe all the points from getting to double all star, were enough to get the top prize, the 8-bit power up potion. (turns your pet 8-bit if drunk). Normal All-star did not have enough to get that.

#16 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

would the normal all star have been enough to get say like the throwing star?

#17 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

would the normal all star have been enough to get say like the throwing star?

I think the throwing star was 17k in points or so. Based off of calculators like TDN/Absolute corruption...I think they'd fall a bit short of points. 

If you're not sure about points, just keep going. That way you're still earning points, and will have some spare points. (rather than the points you would have had if you had stopped at all-star)

#18 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

i just wanted to get back to normal neopets asap xD. i suppose i can continue to do a bit of YYB after that though for some spare change that might help. should be all star about a week before everything ends

#19 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Absolute Corruption on neo and TDN both have counters so you can keep tracking your rank. (and I think they both show prize points, but I'm not sure if the prize points are accurate though).

The Absolute Corruption one doesn't work for me. Does anyone else have that issue?

Spoiler

Edited by Napiform, 17 June 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#20 bldesn

bldesn
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

The Absolute Corruption one doesn't work for me. Does anyone else have that issue?

Spoiler

yepp it doesn't work for me either.

#21 Hinth

Hinth
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

I recommend that you keep going. 15k items may not be worth your time and the top prize this time around is also likely to be around the 30k~ range so you should get at least double all-star.

#22 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Actually, AC is not the best place to earn neopoints or get valuable items. There are so many easier and faster way of getting much more neopoints and valuable items. So for me, All Star is good enough since sometimes people may lend you certain expensive avatar items because you have gained All Star.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ac, altador cup, all star

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users