Membership enquiry/suggestion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pyelon

pyelon
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hello,

I was mentioning last week that I wanted to get the membership on Neocodex, and I was complaining because PayPal was requiring my credit card info to complete the purchase.

I have since realized that the reason it asks for the card is that i'm subscribing to be a member, so it will automatically pay out of my PayPal balance monthly (or every 3mo. etc.) and if my PayPal cannot cover, it will charge directly to the Credit Card it is requesting.

My question is... is there no way to just get a 1-month membership without fully subscribing? I am sure it is an option to cancel the membership after a month, but I was thinking it would be better for people in my situation to be able to just purchase one month at a time, as my playing availability fluctuates and I would not want to be subscribed for stretches at a time!

Anyone else got thoughts on this? Or maybe have I missed something that would get me past this CC requirement for PayPal? I've earned all my PayPal money through online surveys and it has no connection to my financial stuff and I'd prefer to keep it separate!

#2 darkmadness

darkmadness
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Once you pay for the subscription, paypal automatically sets it up to be reoccurring, to cancel this follow these instructions:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Update in the My preapproved payments section.
  5. Click Cancel, Cancel automatic billing, or Cancel subscription and follow the instructions.

That way, you have paid for your 1 month and then you get to decide when and if the payment comes out again. The only other way I can see you being able to pay month to month is that if you talk to one of the site admins and arrange to send the money directly to them through paypal when you want to renew (as far as I am aware the direct payments get around the need of a credit card and just take it off your paypal balance). I'm not sure how hard this would be for them to arrange but it might be worth asking.

#3 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

I think I wrote it in your last thread already. Get a Giftcode here http://www.neocodex..../gift-vouchers/ and redeem it for a 1-month membership. Afterwards, you'll get an email when your subscription expires and you can decide whether you want to extend it for another month or not.

#4 Shapesnatch

Shapesnatch
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

Just a warning though: I switched to non-automatic membership renewal, but then wanted to switch back. I don't know if it's been fixed yet, but there was a glitch in the system and it makes it hard to switch back from non-automatic back to automatic renewal. I had to contact Hydrogen, who fixed it for me. :) But yeah, just a word of warning.

#5 pyelon

pyelon
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Oh wow, okay I love all these posts :D Now i've got a method for doing it without the Credit Card (which I will try shortly), and i've learned how to undo the automated renewals for any future subscriptions I ever get into with PayPal! And I got a warning so I'm not surprised when something doesn't go exactly as planned :p 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users